Chapter 17: A Proper Reunion
66 2 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

This elevator is so weird. It has a keypad to enter a letter followed by a series of numbers, each floor, sub-floor maybe, no I'll call them instances, has a capacity of 10,000 and apparently there are currently 3,254 other people in this entire hub, there might be more since typing in 0 in the keypad seems to take you outside, now I guess I just need to find wherever the PvP area is. The legend says that the instance I'm currently on, M1, is a mercantile one, then A is administrative, R is residential, L is leisure, and C is competitive, there are also a few blacked out spots so I guess some instance types aren't available right now.

The only instances available right now are the first of each type. The rest are probably for when more players start showing up. Maybe we can set up shops and buy houses and stuff, administrative areas are probably for setting up guilds whenever that starts happening.

"C1 it is then... WOAH!"

Augh my stomach, I feel nauseous... not an elevator then... a teleportation box. This is gonna take forever to get used to.

"Now where is the loudest and most crowded area in this entire floor? And I found it immediately."

All these instances seem to be set up as relatively small circles with building in concentric circles around the 'elevator'. This one in particular seems to be set up in a pseudo-Romanesque style with open stands selling food, simplistic somewhat medieval weapons, armor, and all sorts of similar goods along an innermost circle while beyond that is a series of raised platforms for fighting surrounded by stands. The ceiling also seems to mimic a natural sky, or maybe it's a projection of one? Either way I can clearly see the seams.

There's a very obvious competition going on in one of the closer miniature arenas. Even the NPCs have gathered around and started selling all sorts of food and drink to the spectators. Fighting in the arena is a huge man with bulging muscles carrying a massive sword and a clearly athletic girl with jet black hair measuring about 2 meters in height and wearing what appears to be a sports bra and spats made of stone. Getting closer I can hear an impromptu announcer.

"... the Elementalist is giving Titan quite a run for his money folks. The big guy can barely land a blow, all you who're betting on him better not be holdin your breath... HAHAHAHA."

With a sudden bang the young girl twists in place, her leg bursts into flames, and she delivers a devastating round-house kick straight into the large man's head, shattering it, and covering the arena with bits of his crushed skull and gray-matter.

"And that's IT... With that DEVASTATING kick this match goes to THE ELEMENTALIST... and that makes 10 IN... A... ROW!!! CAN ANYONE STAND UP TO OUR FIERY GODDESS'S MIGHT!?"

As jay walks up to the arena he sees the big man respawn next to the arena and hears her shouting:

"COME ON... IS ANYONE HERE GOOD ENOUGH TO GIVE ME A REAL FIGHT!?

"Ele are you seriously resorting to beating up random nobodies now?"

Says Jay as he steps onto the stage leaving his oversized knapsack on the ground next to it.

"What's your alias?" whispers the announcer to Jay.

"Hmm, lets go with Wardancer."

"AND THE WARDANCER STEPS UP TO THE CHALLENGE. Two beautiful young ladies are facing each other in the arena today folks, so PLACE... YOUR... BETS!!!" And with that announcement the announcer steps to the side while his associates begin to collect bets.

"Ha, you hear that Jay, two beautiful young LADIES, I gotta say that blouse looks stunning on you, when did you finally start embracing your femininity?"

"Oh fuck you ELAINE!"

"STOP CALLING ME THAT!"

"AND WITH THAT... LET THE FIGHT... BEGIN!!!"

[DUEL]

Begins In: 3 seconds

 

2