Ch 14 : First System Quest
612 1 13
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

(Rei POV)

As I arrived at the kitchen, I called Lily out, "Hey Lily, How are you doing?"

[What do you need?] she asked in a cold tone.

Listening to her cold tone, I flinched. I knew that it was my fault for neglecting her, it was really a mistake on my part. So I started consoling her which wasn't easy. It took about an hour to console her, in that time girls also came to check up on me and left me alone seeing that I was standing in silence. Well, I did that from time to time so they were accustomed to it.

I also assured Lily that I'll definitely make her body as soon as I reach the soul stage of the 'creation' skill. After some chatting, she told me that I have a quest to which my ears perked up

[

Quest- Cure Ellen Ernea Ortlinde

Time limit - 10 days

Reward - 3 lottery tickets

Punishment - Death of the King of Belfast

]

"looks like we will have to go on another quest", I muttered under my breath

'I will have to discuss this with other girls, anyway we still you have time', placing the thought on the back of my mind I focused on my current task.

I asked Lily, "Can I buy cooking skills in the shop?"

[Wait a minute let me see]

[ beginner cooking Skill- 10 SP

.....

Advanced cooking skill - 500 SP

]

"OK then buy the advanced cooking skill, and buy some good recipes too", I said, 

[ advanced cooking skill and recipes from Earth - 550 SP spent]

After which I started cooking for the girls. It took about half an hour for me to prepare the food. After eating their fill everyone sat on the sofa and watched the T.V. It displays programs and shows from my smartphone, I just told them that it's an artefact from my previous world used for entertainment.

Suddenly, I heard Lily's voice, [Rae, you will be undergoing an evolution.]

"What!!", I exclaimed loudly.

Hearing my shout, girls looked at me worriedly. I just told them everything is ok and sat down.

'What do you mean by that?', I asked in an anxious tone.

[Your bloodline will be improving causing you to go into an unconscious state.]

'Hmm, I see. How long will it take?', I enquired.

[About 30 - 40 hours.]

'When will it start?', I asked

[About 10 minutes]

'Hmm, I see', nodding my head, I turned towards the girls.

I had already told them about my bloodline earlier, so it was easier for me to explain them. It told them that I'll be unconscious for a day or two.

After which I just laid there and felt my consciousness slowly drifting away from my grasp. I opened my eyes after some time and found myself in a dark void. I started looking around but couldn't find anyone or anything, I just floated in the void for an unknown amount of time. Suddenly, I felt a chill run down my spine, I turned around to see a pair of eyes tens of metres wide. Those eyes were red in colour with pupils in form of vertical slits.

Seeing those terrifying eyes, I felt fear after a very long time. But, seeing that there was no malice in those eyes I relaxed slightly. 

"Who are you and why am I here?", I asked curiously.

"You can call me Drake, I am your predecessor. You are here because of your evolution and I will test you to see if you are worthy of my inheritance.", a voice was heard from the surrounding void. The voice was deep and majestic which was also mixed with pride.

"Hmm, I see. You can address me as Rei, and I hope I can stand up to your expectations, as your successor.", I said.

Satisfied with my response, Drake said, "It seems you are quite good with your words. Ok, let's not waste time anymore and start your test."

As soon as he said that, a powerful pressure descended upon me, and it seems like I fainted again. 



(Third Person POV)

On a small hill, under a large tree, in a small hut, on a large bed, a man could be seen sleeping on the bed. He opened his golden eyes with a hint of golden glow in them, he had black hair, fair skin and a toned body. He started looking around with a sleepy face, suddenly he came to his senses and his face went from sleepy to confused.

He came out of the hut, still looking confused. Suddenly, a pair of wings came out of his back. The wings had a contrasting colour to each other, one was black and another one was white. He then started flying at a height of 10 metres from the ground and started looking around.

Suddenly, two more pairs of wings emerged on his back and his speed increased exponentially. He continued flying searching for someone, it continued for several days but after finding nobody, he came back to the hut.

"*Sigh*, what do I do? Let's just search around the hut first.", saying that he stood up and started looking around the room.

After searching around, he found a sword, yeah just a sword. He then came out of the hut with the sword in his hand and raised his other hand in the air, but nothing happened, he then just stood there with an awkward expression. After seeing that he could do nothing, he just started to swing his sword.

|Time skip - 10 years|



Thank You, for reading.

Join my Discord- https://discord.gg/5axbcRz4WP
Join my Patreon- https://www.patreon.com/Ur_Author_San

Please, give me suggestions on discord or comments.

Support me on Patreon if you can

To be continued

13