Chapter 2
21 2 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

With a hop in his step Kyron opened the door to his workshop and ran right in without even bothering to close it behind him.  While there was no time limit to finish his project he could not help but move as fast as he can. Looking around the room that will soon be the place of his best creation to date he couldn't help but feel proud at all the devices he has created. A floating dinnerware set, self cleaning armor that can evolve when fed mana, and even a talking mana gun. Well the last one is a bit of a failure with its personality and all. But that is besides the point. Every project that he has put time in effort in has eventually turned out how he imagined it, and some even better than he could ever hope for. But no matter how hard he tried there was always one project he could never finish. One project that no matter how much time, no matter how much effort, could not be activated. After many different tries and two years of changing and upgrading it, it stuck him. The problem he has been facing is so obvious that he felt like an idiot to not think of it. It needed a power source. But not just any power source, it needs to run on mana. And the biggest problem is that the power source needs to be able to create its own mana or absorb it from the surroundings at the very least. And there is only one object that meets those qualifications. A monster core. 

             Monster cores are the solidification of a creature's mana. They commonly take the place of where a manaless creature's heart should be.They are also the reason monsters can get so powerful, and in extension mana beasts. Cores, depending on their class can either create mana or absorb mana from the surroundings, or in very rare cases both. This function is what causes the monster's power to go through the roof very quickly. The more mana a being has inside of their body the more the body is enhanced. Muscles will get more powerful, bones will get denser, organs will become more efficient, and the body's overall function will be leagues above what could be dreamed of by a creature without a core. 

                There are three different types of cores. Absorption cores- they can only absorb mana from outside sources and cannot produce their own. This allows them to grow in strength quickly while in a mana dense area, with a downside of being unable to live in manaless areas. Then there are production cores. They produce their own mana and supply it to the creature. This type of core causes the creature to have a slow steady growth constantly happening. A big downside is that it takes a lot longer for a creature with this core to get stronger. The last and rarest core is the dual core. It can both absorb and create its own mana. The biggest downside to this type of core is that it is almost impossible to form. It requires a creature of enough strength to eat the core of something with an equal amount and then absorb its core into its own. There have only been three recorded creatures with this core variety. Lucky for Kyron any of these cores will work for his project so he does not need to check what kind of core he has and is unable to do so without using it anyway.

    Kyron goes over to a tarp covered device and he slowly reaches over and starts to pull it off. With one gentle tug the entire device underneath is now exposed. Looking it over Kyron can't help but be proud. What was underneath the tarp is what looks to be a human. But of course that is not what it is. It is an android that Kyron created a few years ago when he found the last set of plans in his fathers office. When he first created it, it mostly looked like a pile of metal in a humanoid shape. Over the years he slowly refined its form and abilities. What used to be a scrap pile is now something that could easily be mistaken for a human. Over time it has developed to look quite like Kyron, albeit younger, and with white hair in place of the black. And unlike a normal human it has enhanced senses. Eyesight that can see for miles, hearing that can pick up the quietest noise. Kyron has been slowly advancing the android all in preparation for this day. The day he will finally activate it. 

    Grabbing the dragon’s core from out of his pack, Kyron looks at it then back to his android one last time, knowing that this will be the day that this will change, the day that his long awaited dream will become reality. Kyron starts to carefully move the core to the chest of the android making sure not to mess anything up. The moment the core makes contact with the skin of the android its chest starts to slowly warp and consume the core. Every passing second the core goes deeper and deeper until it is no longer visible from the outside. The moment it finished absorbing the core all the mana in the surrounding area started to be sucked in at a very quick rate. This, or course, was expected by Kyron. The android would need to get a base amount of mana before it could truly be active. What he did not expect was what happened next.

    More and more mana was being absorbed by the android. Much more that it should have been able to. At first it seemed like it would gain just a little more than initially expected. That was until the rate at which the mana was absorbed increased exponentially. At some point the android finished taking all the mana from the surrounding area. The moment Kyron thought that it was done he felt something. Some kind of tug was coming from inside of him. Sitting down he tried to focus and figure what was going on. When he was focusing on it he started to feel dizzy and nauseous to the point that he felt that he was going to pass out. He pushed through these feelings tuning out everything else until he finally found out the cause. His mana was being taken out of his body at a quick rate. And there could only be one possible cause for what is currently happening. The android. But before he could do anything about it, he felt something more than mana slipping out of his grasp, like some integral part of him is being ripped straight out of his body. And then he blacked out.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

        The instant Kyron awoke he could tell something was off. His entire body feels strange in a way he could not quite understand. Opening his eyes he is greeted with a sight he never would've imagined in his wildest dreams.

“Ahhh..” Kyron shrieked at what he saw while slowly scooting back and bumping into the wall. Sitting right in front of him is a body laying on the ground motionless. At first he thought it was the android. That was until he looked a little closer. The man on the ground had dark black hair and looked a little too old to be the android. What was on the ground right in front of him was… himself.

“Wh-what. That can-can't be right. If I'm he-here, then how am I also on the flo-floor. Oh. Oh no. Sta-status.” The moment Kyron brings up his status he has a look of pure shock on his face.

 Name: Kyron 

Level: 8

Age: 12 (16) 

Condition: Shock 

Race: Android

Class: Magi-Technician 

Rank: Inapplicable 

Health: 10000 / 10000

Str: 14

Agl: 16

Int: 32

End: 14

Mana: 1000

Magic Power: Indeterminable

Titles: Technomaniac, Recluse, Genius, The Pinnacle of Magi-Tech, Artificial Being, Master of Space

Skills:    Passive-  Increased Learning, Technological Touch, Steady Hands, Super Mana Absorption

    Active- Scan Lv. 9, Repair Lv. 7, Assemble Lv. 6, Deconstruction Lv. 6, Reconstruction Lv. 1,  Fuse Lv. 1, Create Lv. 1, Dimension Tear Lv. 1, Space Magic Lv. 1, Waypoint Lv. 1, Overload Lv.1, Core Absorption Lv. NULL

   

    Resistances- Sleep (Immunity), Soul (Godly)

Gifts: Perfect Memory, ???, Unageing Body

“Oh…. Oh. That's not good.” Kyron says before hearing a voice coming from the top of his nearby desk.

“Not good huh? That's all ya got. Not good? Oh my so so very stupid creator thinks taking the body of his creation, loosing his humanity in the process is just not good. Oh, but who am I to talk. I am just an artificial intelligence. Just a talking gun. Not A real person. Riiight, dear creator? Well…...Now you're just like me.” 


[A little shorter than the others. I just though thia would be a good stopping place.]

1