Chapter 5
5 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The moment he entered the guild hall Kyron could not help but be amazed. Compared to the rest of the town everything seemed so much newer and fancier. Lined up against the back wall were three different reception desks meant for different purposes. One of them is for new recruits and questions about the guild. The next is for filing a request to the guild. And the last is for adventures to accept and complete their commissions.  To the left of the door he entered from a bar and about seven tables sitting near it. At the tables are three different groups of adventures in groups of five and one adventure who is seemingly alone. Taking in one last look around Kyron starts to walk to the desk meant for registering. The receptionist behind the desk is a younger looking elven woman, but of course when it comes to elves you can never know their true age without being told. When she notices Kyron walking up she puts on a warm smile and looks towards him.

“Hello, and welcome to the Autumsday guild office. My name is Emily and I am your receptionist today. How may I help you” says Emily with a very knd look on her face.

    Kyron was quite surprised at Emily's introduction. He has heard tales of the adventures guild receptionist being quite cruel to those who are not registered. 

“I would like to register with the guild please.” Kyron replied, putting on a smile himself.

    The moment Emily heard his request her smile started to droop until it disappeared entirely, being replaced with a look of distress and worry.

“I-I’m sorry? Are you sure that's what you want? I don’t know if you know but the adventures guild is a very dangerous place to work. Many people die every year doing commissions from the guild. And anyway you're too young to sign up. You have to be at least fifteen years old.”

The instant that he heard this Janus started cracking up. Laughing so hard that Kyron is surprised the receptionist did not hear. Or if she did she did not say anything.

“ For one I am a full grown adult. Sixteen years old to be exact. And anyway, should you be dissuading people from joining? I heard people mention there has been a shorting of adventures lately.” Kyron was confused why the lady that should be encouraging people to join is trying to get him to not sign up.

“ I’m sorry but there is no way you're sixteen years old. If you weren't human I may believe it but ….wait, You are human aren't you? Now that I look closer you don't seem like a normal human with the white hair and all.”

“Y-yes I’m human! A-at least I think I’m human still?” Kyron had a puzzled look on his face while replying. And while he only mumbled the last bit Emily was still able to hear it.

“What do you mean you “Think” your still human? One's race does not just change.”

“I-I didn't mean to say that out loud.” He mumbled once again.

Sigh That's enough. Come on we're going up to see gramps… err the guild master…” While saying this Emily walked out from behind the desk and grabbed Kyrons hand leading him up the stairs to the left. Kyron planned to resist not wanting to see the guild master. But the moment she made contact with his hand all thoughts went out the window. This is the main reason Kyron does not like to go outside. Physical contact with any other person causes his mind to drift into nothingness. To Kyron it seems like it has been not but a minute. And by the time he realized what was happening it was already too late and they were entering the guild masters office.

“Gra-Guild master I need your help with something.” Emily said while looking towards a man in the corner of the room seemingly trying to hide behind a plant.

“Aw. You saw me. And I was sure that I was completely hidden this time. And what did I say about calling me guild master. You are my family.” Said the man who Kyron assumed to be the guild master. He had long white hair and a beard to go with it that would put a dwarf to shame. He was a full twelve feet tall and had hands so big that Kyron was sure he could crush his skull in the palms of his hands.

“Gra-grampa, we will talk about this later. Right now I need your help with this boy. He claims that he is sixteen years old while he is clearly not. And he doesn't even know if he's human or not! Can you tell him that he can’t join the guild?”

“And why would he not be able to join the guild? Even if he's lying about his age he is just going to send himself off to an early death.” the titan of a man says while walking over to his desk and sitting down. Kyron could only be amazed that the man's chair did not break under his weight.

“That's exactly the point! I can’t sit by doing nothing while a little kid goes off to his death! I just need you to read his status so that we can make him leave and not get himself killed.” The moment she said that Kyron realized what she was up to. It’s common for the leaders of different organizations to have a tool to see somebody's status. He did not actually know what people would think if they saw his status but he knew it would most likely not be good with how unusual it is. But before he could think of a way out of this the guild master spoke up, seemingly noticing the boys distressed expression.

“Calm down boy. I don’t read the status of just anyone for any random reason. Only those that interest me.” Letting out a sigh of relief he then pulled it back in just as quickly after hearing the guild masters next statement.

“It just so happens, that you interest me boy. I actually checked your status the moment you walked through that door.” Hearing this Kyron knew that there was no way out of this, but just to spite the man Kyron decided to use Scan on him and try and even out the playing field. The moment he saw the man's status Kyron could not help but let out a yelp of shock.

Name: Arman Stonecrusher

Level: 532

Age: 103 

Condition: Amusement

Race: Titan

Class: Apocalypse Decimator 

Rank: S

Health: 100000 

Str: 368

Agl: 102

 

Int: 0 

End: 400

Mana: 0

Magic Power: 0

Titles: Manaless Warrior, Last son of the Titan race, Guild Master, Pervert, The Pretender, Top Class Brawler, Scholar, Mountain Brawler, Holy Desecrator 

Skills:

    Passive- Stone Skin Defence, Hands of God, Intuition 

    Active-  Crush, Smash, Break, Decimate, Annihilate, Defiance, Size Manipulation, Sneak

    Resistance- Earth(Immunity), Fire(Godly), Sleep(Mid), Bludgeoning(High)

Gifts: Blessing of the World: Body of Earth, Mana Strainer

“Based on that look you have I assume you used that Scan ability of yours boy. I was wondering what it does but it seems that there was no need. Now tell me, how does my status look to you?” Guild Master Stonecrusher says, with a grin on his face the entire time.

“I-I….” Kyron has no idea how to respond to the guild master. But just before he can make some kind of excuse Janus speaks up.

“Hahahah, He caught you. He totally caught you. Hahaha. This is too funny.” The entire time he was speaking both the guild master and Emily stood completely still staring at him in wonder. Only to be interrupted by Stonecrusher joining in with a laugh of his own.

“Ha Ha Ha Hu…. I knew you were interesting, it's not even twenty minutes and what do I see. A talking gun. Emily! You see this, this is a talking Gun”

“Sir, I-I would like to ask you to keep my status and Janus a secret…” Kyron says after finally working up the courage to speak.

“Don’t worry kid. I’m not gonna reveal any of your secrets unless it is absolutely necessary.. I will even swear by my title of the Mountain Brawler.”

Mountain Brawler? What do you mean..?”

“Ahah, I keep forgetting it’s been a while since my glory days. You see, when I was younger I encountered a juvenile earth dragon. It was terrorizing a nearby city. At the time I was out looking for a nice fight and I heard about it. So I grew to my full size, which is about one-sixty feet. I picked up a nearby mountain and threw it on the thing. Unfortunately that killed it instantly, the puny thing. Ah! But I did get in quite a bit of trouble. Turns out that mountain was worshiped as some kind of holy land. Who knew. But that's enough about me. It’s time to get you your guild card.” While saying that the guild master reached into a drawer on his desk and pulled out two cards that look to be made of some form of glass.

“Um.. Sir? Why are there two?” Kyron was confused.

“Well there are two of you, are there not?” And at that Janus was quick to reply.

“Wait a hot minute , old man! You mean I get my own card?! Give it here”

“Hohoho, well of course you get one. If you can talk you count as a person don’t ya? But don’t be so impatient, I’m getting ready. And do you even have hands to hold it?”

“Ah. I forgot about that part dam-”

“Okay Janus that's enough.”

“And… done. Inject a bit of mana into it and then you're done. Now get out of here I’m busy.” Says the guild master while handing the cards to Kyron.

“Great! Thanks a lot, that actually saved me a lot of trouble.” But before Kyron could leave he was stopped one last time.

“Almost forgot this.” The guild master says as he tosses a coin to Kyron. 

“Use it if you ever get in a bind. The guild will help you.”

“I appreciate it sir…. Now. Janus lets do a quest>”

“That's what I've been waiting for! Lets go!”

[Not edited yet but I wanted to post something.]

0