Chapter 7
7 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Should I switch over to a first person view from Kyron? Instead of what ever this is.
  • Yes Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No Votes: 0 0.0%
Total voters: 0

Arriving at the gates to town the first thing that Kyron noticed is that there were no soldiers at the guard post. Walking around the guard post he noticed something else. Where the gate for the walls should have been was instead a giant gaping hole big enough to fit a full grown troll. Running through the hole without sparing it a second glance he made it into the city. Going as fast as he could without even bothering to look around he ran to the part of the city with his workshop and his mothers house. When he finally arrived what greeted him was a scene straight out of nightmares. Scattered all around where the citizens of the city, or what was left of them at least. Arms hidden up in trees, the occasional head or leg sitting around on the ground.But the sight that horrified him the most was the spot where his mothers house is. The spot where is mothers house was. Instead of a small three roomed house there was a huge and hollow crater. And sat inside of it was the corpse of a young land drake with guild master Stonecrusher sitting atop it, ranting to the corpse about how much trouble he was going to be in for this. But that matters not to Kyron. What he cared more about was the fact that inside the huge clawed hands of the drake, was a person who he could recognize anywhere. A person who he has known since the day he first came into the world. His mother.

“Mom!” Kyron screamed while running towards the drake’s hand. This brought Stonecrusher out of own little world and he looked towards Kyron. Making it to the drake Kyron tried to pry open its hand to get his mother out, only for his attempt to end without it moving an inch. He then tried again and again to get it open, failing each time. Seeing this guildmaster Stonecrusher started to walk over to the boy and help him out. He reached down and opened up the beast's clawed hand with ease. Not even stopping to thank the guildmaster Kyron pulled his mother out of the beast's grasp. Looking her over Kyron was forced to realize it was far too late to save her. Her entire body from the waist down was completely pulverized.With that sight Kyron’s mind went entirely blank as he just stared off into nothingness for an incalculable amount of time. Eventually after being shaken out of it by the guildmaster he realized he can not just sit here all day hoping that somehow this was all a dream. 

    Standing up Kyron walked a few feet from his mothers body and used Dimensional Tear to open up a storage space. He then grabbed the body of his mother and stuck her into the tear in space. But before she was put all the way into the space he saw something shiny in her hand. Vowing to look at it later he finished putting her into the tear. After a few more minutes, yet again, Kyron looked towards the guildmaster in hopes of an explanation. Seeing the boy staring at him Stonecrusher knew what he wanted.

“Boy, I will explain all I can later. For now we need to find as many survivors as we can. Do you have a way to help the injured?”  Hearing what he had to say Kyron just silently shrugged his shoulders and started to walk to the place of his workshop to see if anything of use was left.

    Arriving at his workshop Kyron was not surprised to see it as nothing but a pile of rubble. Walking over to the scraps left of the building he started to look for anything that could be left. After around half an hour of looking he was about to give up when he saw something that caught his eye. Left seemingly untouched in the middle of the rubble was a small sandwich with a note left beside it. Walking up to Kyron and picking up the note to read it. After looking it over Kyron was wondering just how much the world wanted to spite him. The note, in handwriting that is very obviously his mothers read,

“Kyron, My son.

I have been thinking lately about quite a few different things, but most of all, about what your future will hold. I am sure that you are aware, but you are an extraordinary child and will do great things in the future. But this also means that your life will be full of hardship and trouble. I just want to let you know that if you ever are in trouble and need a break you can come to me. And just remember, always strive to do your best, even when the ime I am no longer around eventually comes.

Love Mom.” After reading the note left by his mother Kyron could not keep in the tears that he has held back the entire time.  It actually surprised him quite a bit that his android body could cry in the first place. A few minutes later Kyron dried his face and looked at the gun on his side.

“Janus?” Kyron’s voice is still hoarse from his time crying.

“Yes Kyron?”

“Let's do it.”

“Do what?”

“Our best. That is what she said.”

“Yes, but what has that got to do with right now?”

“Doing our best includes our best at being an adventurer. So…. Janus how do you feel about becoming a world renown adventurer.” Kyron says drying the little bit of tears left on his face and with a determined smile on his face.

    The moment that Janus heard this he was filled to the brim with excitement and anticipation, but quickly replied,

“I thought you’d never ask!”

“Yep! And our first step…. Is too help out the survivors in the city!”

“....”

“....”

“Janus?”

“Do we have to?” Janus said just barely above a whisper.

“What?”

“I said do we have to?! I wanna do something fun! Cleanup is not fun! Lets go fight more wolves or something. We need practice…” The more Janus talks the more he realizes he is not going to get out of this.

“...What are you complaining about? You are not even doing anything. With your lack of arms and all…”

“Oh yeah! I forgot about that part! Well get out there and clean mister maid!” Janus became cheerful once again.

“... Why did I make you..”

“Obviously because you wanted a kind, pragmatic, and dare I say it, handsome companion. I mean, why else?” Janus had not a hint of sarcasm in his voice.

    Ignoring Janus’s last statement Kyron walked back towards the wreckage of  town and started to help clean up. He helped to pick up rubble, evacuate citizens that are still alive to a more stable part of town, and even find and retrieve the bodys of the deceased. He made sure to engrave this sight into the very core of his mind, vowing that if he ever comes across a similar situation once again, he will do all he can to help. In the middle of his helping around town he along with a few other adventurers that were helping out were asked by the guildmaster to meet him at the guild later that day. Kyron, thinking about how he would likely get an explanation for what occurred when he was finished, redoubled his efforts and worked until every last thing was finished. One thing he noticed while doing all this was that he was significantly more efficient than any of the other workers. This is due to one reason. Thanks to his android body he never got tired, his muscles never hurt, and he was even able to lift things no normal kid his size should. Even the high level adventures eventually tired out. Until all that was left was he alone, finishing the clean up of the city. The moment Kyron picked up the last scrap of rubble from the city street he turned around to see many wide eyed adventures staring at him in complete shock. That day many people started to see Kyron as some form of monster with limitless stamina. Of course this will not be the last time he is seen like this, but it is the day he was dubbed with a title from the citizens of Autumsday, a title he shall become known for throughout all of Aegis. This was the birth of the adventure with no limits, the adventure of limitless energy, Kyron the Infinite Monarch.

    This title of his was given to him because the people around him saw his seemingly endless stamina, that makes him seem to be untouchable. Akin to how those with the status of king or emperor who are viewed as unreachable and infallible. Of course he still has room to grow into the title he has been bestowed

0