The Apocalypse?
362 1 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After everyone passed out. The stopwatch that Sung-ho carried with him started to tick violently. It opened up, facing the teen, and scanned him entirely.

After scanning, it closed up

 

SUNG-HO

-Apocalypse Aversion Mission… Failed. Initiating back up plan-

I could hear some weird echoes in my sleep, so I decided to wake up. I found myself in some white space. I got up and looked around. All I could see was a white space all around me that seemed to spread endlessly.

“Where am I?”

Then I heard an automatic voice resonate in the space

-Target has woken up. Beginning Information Download. Dropping Avatar to distract target-

‘Eh? What was that? Am I the target? Also, if I am the target, I don’t think it’s advisable to say that you are coming to distract me.’

“Hello.”

A voice came from behind me. It sounded vaguely familiar so I turned around and I was surprised by who I saw. It was the red haired girl from earlier, wearing some sort of white suit with weird light blue designs on it. The girl looked at me with a smile and approached me.

“My name is Aita. Who are you?”

“Eh? Who am I? Kwon Sung-ho.”

“Target Kwon Sung-ho. This may come as alarming, but your world is done for. The Admins have already sent their Aingeni to start the Planet Metamorphosis. Do you have any questions?”

Aita stared blankly at me as if dropping such information was totally normal.

“Um… quite a few, but I guess they aren’t important in the grand scheme of things.”

She nodded then proceeded.

“I come from a different planet much similar to yours in a different galaxy. My planet was invaded by the admins much like yours and they started by sending out the Aingeni in the form of meteors.”

‘Meteors? The meteor shower! Min-ju!’

“Yes. The meteor shower that happened today is proof of that. The Aingeni then emerge from these meteors and begin the Planet Metamorphosis. While this is happening, the residents of the planet are put under a deep sleep they cannot awaken from until after the metamorphosis is complete.”

She responded to my internal thoughts, which was alarming.

“So I’m guessing that I’m not awake.”

“No. You are in a distorted space created so I can talk to you.”

She answered with her nonchalant smile.

‘A distorted space just so she can talk to me? In that case, since this is just a dream it means my brain has created a scenario for me to take advantage of this girl here and now. Still, taking advantage of her in my dreamscape won’t help me lose my virginity. In that case, there’s no point. It will just make me seem desperate.’

I noticed her looking at me intently.

“Before we proceed. I have just one question.”

I looked for confirmation and she nodded.

“Alright then, why me? Why would you tell me?”

I asked.

“It is because you were in possession of the pen drive. It means our agent trusted that you would put the following information to good use. Is that all?”

‘She trusted that I would put it to good use? Was it because I stopped her from committing suicide? Naah, she was probably being a klutz and just dropped it. Guess it’s my lucky day after all.’

“Yes. That is all.”

“Ok then. The information will be downloaded into your brain then. This is the last time we will be able to interact, so I wish you and your world the best of luck. Find out about the admins if possible and find a way out of this. When you do, please give my world that information.”

“Deal.”

I agreed to her offer as it was not a bad one in the slightest. Then I heard the automatic voice once again.

-Information Download Complete. Loading into the target Kwon Sung-ho’s subconscious-

Just as it said that, the whole white room faded into darkness, leaving me alone floating there. Suddenly rectangular disks of various colours flew at me from the distance at insane speeds, blinding me and filling my head with some very disturbing things.

 

***

 

I woke up suddenly with a nasty headache and my head hit the desk I was hiding under.

BAM!

“Ow!”

I complained, rubbing the sore part as I got up from underneath the desk. When I did, I looked around and noticed that everyone else was asleep.

“Eh? Did they all pass out because of the earthquake? Do earthquakes make people pass out?”

Suddenly, I had a headache and images flashed before my head and I heard a voice like from a memory. I remembered a voice telling me about people passing out.

‘Wait… that was real? I thought it was another one of my weird dreams.’

Soon I could hear the groans of people as they slowly woke up and the hilarious cries of pain as some of them hit the desk in a similar fashion as me. I had to hold back the urge to laugh.

I looked at the teacher behind the podium and he was rubbing his head like he just had the worst hangover.

“Teacher, are you ok?”

I asked, walking towards him.

“Yes. I guess you should call your parents to see if they are alright.”

He said, taking out his bucket where he ordered us to put our phones.

“Come for your phones in a line please.”

Since I was the first at his podium, I took my phone from his bucket quickly and made to call Bong-Cha.

 

Bong-Cha: Oppa! You are ok?

Sung-ho: Of course. What about you?

Bong-Cha: I’m ok. The house is a bit of a mess though.

Sung-ho: As expected. What about your friends? Are they ok?

Bong-Cha: I guess so, although they are still sleeping… oh they are waking up.

Sung-ho: You say that as if it’s a bad thing.

Bong-Cha: …

She didn’t respond which meant she wasn’t happy about it. That wasn’t important now.

[Huh? You guys are still able to call each other using your primitive devices?]

I heard a scratchy voice say.

Bong-Cha: Oppa, will you be coming home soon? I don’t feel comfortable.

Sung-ho: Yeah, I will be coming soon. Man the fort for me, yeah?

Bong-Cha: Of course.

[Oi. Are you ignoring me?]

The voice came over again.

Sung-ho: Make sure you don’t leave the house and stay safe. If any stranger wants to enter don’t allow them to-

The call cut. I took a look at the phone and noticed that it was dead. That was odd since my phone wasn’t even relatively close to a low battery.

[Finally got rid of that thing.]

‘Huh? Is he talking about my phone?’

I turned around and was stunned. I saw a kid floating over the class. This child looked no older than 8 and had white fluffy wings on his back with a halo floating over his head and short cut blonde hair. He looked like an angel, but strangely I knew that he wasn’t.

[Greetings humans! My name is Marach and I am an Aingeni]

I looked around and saw others looking up at it as well. I was hoping I was having a very bad concussion or something, because this was too weird.

[I won’t be here for long so listen up to what I have to say.]

“Mom?! Mom! Pickup already! There’s some ugly floating thing over here.”

A guy was screaming from the back of the class. We all turned our gazes to him and we all immediately regretted it.

[Rule 1. Never insult the Aingeni or Admins unless you want to die.]

The Aingeni frowned and the boy’s neck twisted round so many times that it went pop, leaving only his dead body to collapse to the ground in a bloody mess.

I noticed that everyone in the room was horrified. It went so far as one of the girls vomiting onto the floor.

[Ew. Disgusting humans.]

I turned my gaze back to the Aingeni. It had a rather indifferent expression on its face, with its hand lifted up. I noticed that it had only four fingers on both arms.

[Rule 2. Follow the system’s orders always. Never disobey them or else you will find us Aingeni appearing nearby. And what happened to that human might find itself repeating.]

The aingeni passed its devilish gaze on all of us and paused on me for a while, before revealing a fang filled smile. This I found odd.

[Oops, seemed like I made a mistake appearing here. I will be leaving for now. Let me clean up that mess.]

He waved his hand over the dead body and the guy’s head suddenly grew back, although his shirt was covered in blood. I looked back and saw that Aingeni was no longer there.

The boy held his head then looked around for a moment before he started to scream like he had just lost his head. Well… he just did.

My junior ran towards him and grabbed him, trying to calm him down.

“Lee Young-Soon! What the hell is this?”

The teacher roared a name I had never heard before. It looked like I wasn’t the only one confused because everyone else was just looking around.

“Lee Young-Soon! I asked you a question! What the hell is this?”

He shouted again and this time there came a weak response.

“I- I don’t know.”

I identified the origin of the voice. It was the girl from earlier at the back. She was trembling violently as she responded albeit faint.

“Remove that damned mask and speak. I can’t hear you!”

With trembling hands, she did as he ordered and I was stunned. She was beautiful. Dare I say she was the cutest girl I had seen in the entire school, with her rosy lips and pale skin. Her eyes were baggy, clear lack of rest.

“I-I don’t know.”

She repeated. A screen appeared in front of me.

 

[Apocalypse System integration… successful]

[…BOOTING…]

DING!

-------------

[Welcome to the Apocalypse Player #69187]

Here are some rules so you can enjoy the smoothest of stays in the Apocalypse.

#1. Never go against the System Admins

#2. Always complete a quest

Follow these rules or else you will receive punishment

-------------

 

‘What? Only two rules for the entire apocalypse? That’s insane.’

Then another alert appeared.

 

[Opening Status Panel]

 

[STATUS

[Name: Kwon Sung-ho

[Tag: #69187

[Level: 1

[Species: Human

[Titles: |Descendant of 7|, |Doomed|

[Attributes: -

[Traits: |Overprotective Big Brother|, |Lazy|

[Skills: [Intense Combat Training Lvl 7], [Athlete’s Body Lvl 4]

[Strength: 30             Speed: 40            Defense: 10            Magic: 00

 

‘Huh? What is this?’

10