Survive The Tutorial 1 Pt. I
450 3 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

‘What the hell is this?’

I looked up and saw similar purple screens in front of everyone’s faces as well.

“Oi! Lee Young-Soon! I told you to cut it out! Or do you want to get expelled from this school?”

The Snake yelled again. The girl trembled behind her desk, completely terrified. Whatever he thought she had done, it was completely obvious she didn’t do it.

“See, I get it. You want to prove that you are smart enough to get into the National University, but putting on this show isn’t the way. Just get your grades up, don’t alter it again and turn off whatever the hell this is. And that student you got to be an actor for you, very impressive.”

He smacked his podium again, clear sign that he had lost his mind. Unfortunately, the other students too heard what he was shouting and it was starting to seem like a believable tale.

If she wanted to get into a university, she needed the required grades. However if she wasn’t able to keep those up and she simply changed it on her own accord she could get in as long as she did well on her final exams. They must have reprimanded her and told her that she wasn’t good enough so to prove them wrong, she put on such a show, getting that student to be her actor.

This was all a truly unbelievable tale. This teacher had gone insane.

---------------------

Quest: Survive the Tutorial

Rules: Follow all the Tips given to survive

Rewards: -

Failure: -

Summary: It’s the Apocalypse and you wake up to see a weird screen in front of you. The whole world has gone to shit and there are several monsters appearing. How are you going to survive? Oh look! The great benevolent Admins have seen it fit to leave you with a Tutorial to survive! Follow this tutorial to the letter if you want to survive! Good luck player!

Overseer: -

---------------------

Another screen appeared, this time with something outrageous written on it.

‘What the…’

“Lee Young-Soon! Damn it just st-“

“Just stop already teacher! Are you retarded? How would she have been able to do any of this?”

I asked, having had enough off his annoying voice. He looked back at me with widened eyes. He was sweating which was unusual. Why was he so scared?

“Tch.”

He ran over to the door. He tried opening it, but it wouldn’t open.

[Survive the Tutorial 1]

[Psst. Hey. You are surrounded by monsters. Escape to the safe zone and don’t let them touch you]

[Your safe zone is the school’s Auditorium]

The screen popped up.

“What nonsense is this?”

The Snake asked, then forced open the door. He readjusted his glasses then tried to go out, but then he started to scream.

“What? Stay back!”

I grabbed a peek and saw a bunch of students at the door. There was something weird about these students though. They all had pale almost blue skin and their bodies looked wretched, even cracking. They just kept on groaning and trying to enter, forcing their way through the door.

No… these weren’t students. I could smell some metallic scent off them. I saw their faces splattered with red and I immediately recognized that red thing as blood.

The snake tried to hold them off, pushing them away, but his hand got bitten by one of those… things. I let out a pained roar, but then the thing bit off his right wrist, letting out a torrent of blood.

“AAAAGGGGHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!”

He screamed. My heart started pounding and the world seemed to slow down as the teacher fell to the ground and his hand was being torn apart by the creatures. The world spun around rapidly and I was at a complete loss as to how to react.

“What are you doing? Shut the door!”

A voice came. I looked back and saw my junior shouting, running towards the door. He tackled it and somehow managed to push out all the creatures. However they came back again and were wrestling with him to open it. It was a miracle he hadn’t already budged, but it was obvious that he wouldn’t be able to keep it up forever.

Park Chul then also ran to the door. He helped the junior fight back against the monsters, both of them sweating heavily.

“What… are you doing?! Bring the desks over already!”

Park Chul shouted at his lackeys. They were stunned for a moment but quickly went into action, realizing that their lives were in danger. They moved towards the door with desks, but they weren’t the only ones. The other strays moved in with desks as well, forming a barricade.

When it managed to prevent the creatures from coming through, they left the door.

The junior and Park Chul were both panting heavily.

“That was a close one.”

Park Chul said.

“We’re not done! We need to save the teacher!”

The junior shouted, still clearly out of breath. To be honest, with his frame, I was surprised that he managed to do that.

They ran over to the teacher who kept on squirming about.

“Apply pressure on the wound! Don’t let him bleed out too much!”

“But that’s his wrist!”

The first year clicked his tongue and removed his blazer. He wrapped it around the teacher’s arm and then.

“I don’t want to die. Please!”

He began to cry, crystalline tears escaping his eyes. His face was pale, not that it was any different from normal, and he was sweating a lot. His eyes seemed to lose whatever colour they used to have and his veins were bulging.

His face started to turn red as if he were being choked and he kept on coughing violently. He horrible sight kept me fixed where I stood. His body jumped about in the puddle of blood he had created, soaking his suit, until his eyes finally lost their colour with his last words.

“Mother!”

Then his body lifelessly dropped to the ground. All the students had horrified expressions on their faces as they observed this. Some begun to tear up and the girls covered their mouths in fear.

The boys just backed away. The boys other than Park Chul and the first year. The first year let out an enraged roar.

“NO!”

To be honest he was being a little bit over dramatic.

I clicked my tongue at the pathetic sight. This caught his attention and he got up from his pose.

“You!”

He slowly approached me. Rolling up his sleeves like he were coming to punch. And like I expected, he flew his hand to punch me. I easily stopped his fist.

“Dark King! Why the hell were you just standing there?”

He asked.

I ignored him and looked away. To be honest, I had no idea why I just stood there. If she had seen me she would have been very disappointed. There was just something weird happening with me. I needed to find out what before it messed me up and I got killed.

He was struggling against my grip so I let go of him. He looked down.

“With your strength you could have probably blocked the door by yourself. So why didn’t you?”

‘Oi, do you think I’m some kind of god?’

“The Dark King who beat up the Southern Seoul District Dragon Gang as a middle schooler. The teen with the strength of fifty men. Ruler of Apgujeong-dong!”

“Are you retarded or something?”

I took out my phone. I tried to get it working, but it wouldn’t no matter what I did. I was really was worried about Bong-Cha.

“Are you listening to me, Dark King?”

CLACK!

The sound of something clacking on the ground resonated through the room, followed by a crack. It was a phone. My phone.

I looked at the kid and he was staring at me.

“Do you want to die or something?”

I grabbed him by his collar and lifted him off the ground. He struggled against my grip and kicked about, but it wasn’t going to work.

“I don’t know what your problem is kid, but shut the hell up. You are really getting on my nerves. Pull a stunt like this again, and I will kill you. Understand?”

I dropped him then walked away to the corner of the classroom, to be with myself and think of how I would get home. Then I saw a bird fly by the window, giving me an idea. I looked out and saw that there were ledges, although they were thin. I could manage on them, then move into a different classroom and proceed from there.

It would seem that the others caught onto my plan.

“Hey, you guys. I have an idea. Why don’t we go outside?”

The first year said. I eye rolled then begun to remove my blazer.

“Huh? What are you talking about?”

Park Chul asked.

“I mean, let’s climb out through the window. We’ll use the ledges to get to the corridor, then get there. The hallway is the next thing we’ll see when we leave, right? So we can just get off there then go to auditorium.”

“The auditorium? Why the auditorium? We can just go home!”

“Yeah. Park Chul is right.”

“True.”

“Normally I would have agreed, but the Admins are telling us to go to the auditorium. You remember what that aingeni told us?”

“Um… huh…”

Park Chul was having difficulty remembering what it said, but I remembered vividly.

“The aingeni said that we shouldn’t disobey the admins or else he would come to punish us.”

“So what? You’re scared of some kind of man baby?”

“… Remember what he did to that student over there?”

He pointed at the still shaking student whose head had been blown up not too long ago. Park Chul’s face dulled as he seemed to remember the horrid scene once again.

Most people wouldn’t have realized, but the first year had somehow become the leader of this group. I would have to admit it. He was good at taking charge and had managed the whole creature situation well. He didn’t break down quite easily although he did after the teacher died.

I put my leg on the sill, about to leave the classroom, but then the first year came and grabbed my shoulder.

“What do you think you are doing?”

He asked me. I couldn’t believe that he had the audacity to ask such a thing with such a serious expression.

“I should be asking you the very same thing. Have you forgotten my earlier warning?”

“No, but I couldn’t care less. Now get down.”

“Make me.”

9