A Casual Stroll
225 2 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The trip between the capital and the Territory of Artonis Household is but a short one as it only took the group to arrive in only 2 days. Resting on a nearby village for his daughter to sightsee many delicacies, he wanted her to enjoy her trip as she would one day be independant of him and head to the capital for the academy.

While the letter did inform him of his recent activities and his a sign on a revolt to the kingdom, he wasn't in a hurry since he wanted to teach his daughter while traveling in regards for survival if she ever plans on adventuring.

"When you plan on heading out to explore the world, always be aware that not everyone you meet is friendly. When handling situations, always stay on your guard when outside of town and only lower your guard once the other person is weaker than you. Since if that person is stronger, you will lose when it comes to making negotiations. " - Artonis

*Nods*

Artonis began teaching her survival techniques he had learned when started out on his adventure as he wasn't restrictive on her freedom.

If she wants to go out and explore, I allow it after she gains enough skills needed to be on her own without relying on me and her title. While I don't want her to hurt herself, her freedom and her happiness are only things that would satisfy me.

Artonis nodded in satisfaction after learning his daughter's education was proceeding nicely. Such as noticing the same drive to learn which might had inherited from him. He felt proud knowing that she wasn't stupid but only lack the proper guidance.

"Now, let us explore more about magic as you will try to visualize the mana around you." - Artonis

He was now teaching her magic as her swordsmanship had already improve at a rate he was satisfied with. The elegance and techniques aren't par with him at her age yet this is just an improvement due to being taught by an incompetent person.

Magic training was suppose to have started earlier than this yet her mentor focus so much on her swords that she hasn't touched even the basic of mana visualization, much to his disappointed.

She could still improve with his own version of training however it would end up injuring herself so he had to opt for the normal routine.

"Hmn....ah." - Aria

"Hooh.... Excellent." - Artonis

"!!!!" - Keith

A ball of blue light manifested from Aria's hands as its size was comparable to a ball. Keith was also surprised that Aria manage to conjure mana from her hands but he was mostly shocked from the words he would never heard from Artonis himself.

'Excellent?! The only time he spoke of that word was him having a duel with the demon king and that person was already on the deathbed, ready to not only sacrifice himself but also blow us all at that time. Now your telling me that his daughter is comparable to a dying demon king?!' - Keith

It should be noted that his daughter isn't comparable to a demon king but only her talent. She might had only conjure mana with the size of a ball but Artonis was looking far deeply into the mana she made and understood how much purity it contained.

The more diluted the mana was, the more magic needed to cast magic and how much stamina it would drain a person. Pure mana could be said to cast large amounts of magic and even raises one potential to grow strong as Artonis himself only contained 2/3 of pure mana.

Now his daughter with a totally pure mana could be said to be 'Excellent' in his eyes as this was something to consider in her future path.

'No wonder she could do the demonic ritual and only be in a half-berserk state by only self-learning. If one fuses with a demon, it would only last an hour or 2, given how impure an average person's mana is.' - Artonis

From the history given by the elves, he knew what a demonic possession was and the pros and cons when using it. It should be noted that a demonic person would lose his sense and eventually be possessed by the demon after partaking on the ritual.

Artonis knew as to why they were able to beat his daughter not because she was untalented but due to her mana being purer than an average person, it took the demon far longer for her to be possessed and hadn't tapped much of its power.

He also wanted to try out demon possession as well but he deemed it useless due to not relying on himself and borrowed power from someone else.

So, this time, he wanted her daughter to not rely on other source of power since it would deemed her of being incompetent.

"Now, while you still have mana reserved, how about we start off by practing some magic for you to train with." - Artonis

This was Aria's routine while traveling with her father as they finally arrived at the capital.

Housing thousands of people or more, the royal capital is to be considered to be expansive and big, given how much money it had earned and how long it had been founded after countless generations.

Standing outside the gate, a group of people confidently waited at the side of the gate as a carriage with a insignia of a bird's head which symbolizes the Artonis nobility.

"This.... Is quite the reception..." - Artonis

Once they had arrived at the capital, he was surprised that a group of people he was familiar with, was standing there confidently as he was a bit satisfied that they may had improve since the last time they met.

The last time they had met was just him and his wife and daughter visited the capital to which the queen wanted to see his child. They didn't stay long and he was too busy at his territory due to some economic problems he was facing at that time. He only just greeted those guys who seem to be hiding from him yet he just thought it was them training a new skill to which he didn't mind at that time.

In the end, this was their first meeting after a long time. 

"Keith. Tell the driver that we'll walk from here from now. I'm familiar with these people and you guys should head first." - Artonis

"Yes My Lord." - Keith

Opening the carriage and walking with his daughter, he let his daughter go first before heading down. All the nobles tensed up from the fear of seeing Artonis as he still had the cold glare they've used seeing. Marus and Reiter are especially tense due to the trauma he had inflicted to both of them. 

Yet, remembering that he had weaken since the last time they had met, Marcus was the first to make his move. 

"Duke Artonis. Welcome you back to the capital. Heh, its been sometime now, hasn't it Duke?" - Marus

"Hmn....It might be so since its been a long time Commander. I have just been informed from the letter that.... I've been plotting a 'Rebellion' and usurped the crown? So, I had come to affirm this authenticity as I am not in a good mood. " - Artonis

It would be given that Artonis felt a bit frustrated that he, a loyal follower of the kingdom, is being accused of even revolting to the king as everyone who knows him could tell that he isn't in a good mood.

While it comes to no surprise that the Duke is a loyal follower and even a defender of the kingdom, laying his life to defend it, he would also destroy it in the near future but it was on a different circumstances.

It only happened in the far future due to his anger at not only being able accept losing both his love ones but also for his incompetence to not notice anything until it was too late.

He should know that this was something that shouldn't happen unless.... 

'I can't rule Time Travelers such as me.' - Artonis

He wouldn't cross out others who have cross over to this time as well and considering what he had done in his past life, it is given that there would be people who bore a grudge on him.

There are likely candidates for him to pick as to whom would try to stop him yet.... 

'Marcus and Reiter are out....' - Artonis

He doesn't consider both of them considering their history with one another. They knew each other and even if they knew that he would eventually turn on them, it was on a likely circumstances and consider to visit him instead of bringing him to the capital.

He turns to the other nobles but shook that thought off. It was highly unlikely for them to accuse a high ranking noble and even less considering how much the royalty trust the Artonis Household.

Given the options.... 

'The only candidates I know off are the royal family and the nobles who are equal ranking to me.' - Artonis

After considering his options, he continues to narrow it even further and finally.... 

'His Highness....' - Artonis

He finally assess everything in his mind in just a short amount of time as he turns to the prince and began investigating him.

'Ah.....my assumption was correct.' - Artonis

'W-why is he staring at me?!' - Leonias

The prince while has the knowledge of the future, hasn't seen the Duke's talent in assessing his surroundings and didn't consider being find out by him to have also traveled back in time. He had only met the Duke once when he was a child and it was only them just gazing at each other and nothing much has happened with them.

He did read his tales and stories from his mother as he only knew of his strengths and magic and there wasn't much he know off the Duke other than that.

The prince is smart since the Duke did indeed had been developing machines that may work against them in the future. Yet, he lacks the proper knowledge of the Duke's capabilities. Not considering he could deduce many possibilities in such a short time and find the correct answer to the culprit, he could only start to feel the sense of foreboding until he finally met him.

'I-is this the Duke?!' - Leonias

He considers that the Duke might had lost his edge considering on the reports he was given and in his future timeline. In the future, Artonis was thin and weary from moving much and could barely walk without a cane to hold himself up. Yet, the Duke at that time was too focus on his research that he didn't consider eating as he was close to accomplishing his desired dream and was too preoccupied on it that he slowly drain his vitality working on it.

The Artonis he saw now is completely different as his body, while thin, was still healthy and robost which compared to Reiter, who never works out, was more muscular than him.

He still has the handsome looks that girls could still consider young, even if he is now in his 30s. Yet the most scary feeling the prince is shuddering on about, the arrogant and majestic aura he had invoke to which every step he took, all of them retreated in fear.

"Apologies as its been long since I haven't met his royal Highness. I am the Duke of the Artonis Household, Chrono Artonis. I am honored to see that you have grown well, Young Prince Leonias." - Artonis

He gave a kneel even on a dirty road, yet he still hold a majestic Aura of power and strength that is more mighty than his own father. As if, he was meant to hold the world in his hands.

The prince started to sweat as if he had awoken a sleeping beast that could destroy the world if he wishes yet he still choose to stay as a mortal and adapt to the human's law.

Marus and the rest of the nobles, thinking that the Duke had grown weak, had now instantly regretted and understand why the king, who always was the first to greet and praise the duke, never showed up to greet him.

'That bastard knew it was a trap!' - Everyone

They know consider why he sent his son instead. He also began acting sick as to escape from meeting him, the prime minister even knew and escaped with the king. Now....

"Now, that you lot have the confidence to meet me, it means that you have improve, no? So, I wish to see how strong you guys...." - Artonis

*Crack*

As the Duke was a bit excited to test out how they have grown, a loud crack could be heard as everyone turned to Marcus as he held his tears while holding the broken arm in his other hand.

"A-apologies Chrono. I-it seems that I had injured myself while awaiting for your arrival." - Marcus

"....... I see....." - Artonis

All of them at first feel that it was too much for the Commander to break his own arm yet considering Artonis 'training', they consider that it was the only option other than that.

The Duke was disappointed at the Commander, who now acts like a feeble man yet he was still holding to his daughters hands as he sighed.

"Tch. As much as I want to see how much you lot have improved, I, unfortunately am busy at the moment as my daughter and I would like to have a casual stroll at the capital. She hasn't travel to the capital and I would like to search for a teacher for her before dropping her to meet her grandfather and head to the castle for my report." - Artonis

Hearing that he was busy due to his daughter, everyone turned to the innocent young child who was hiding behind the Duke. Looking at her like she was the saint, sent by the heavens, the child held the Duke's hand futher as she didn't want to ruin his father's time with her.

"I-its okay father, I can head to grandpa's house by myself so you won't be busy meeting with your friends..." - Aria

She consider that his father's feelings of not meeting his friends for a long time, decided that she'll go by herself as she lets go of his hand and starts heading inside the capital.

Seeing her actions, the group was shocked as they didn't want to be alone with the Duke.

The Chief of the Magic Division had a revalation in his mind as he quickly went towards the girl and walked with her.

"Apologies Duke, I shall be the one to guide your daughter and tour around the capital. I will also protect her from danger so may you continue to chat with the group." - Reiter

"......I see." - Artonis

"................" - Everyone

They had realize it was too late as the first to react was the Minister of Tourism.

'What the fu-" - MoT

8