Friends and Siblings
217 1 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"This Noble greets his majesty." - Artonis

After arriving the throne room at the castle, the duke heads in front of the king as he knelt down on one knee as a formal greeting to his superior. As high noble, he shows the basic ethic of the higher class of nobility towards the royalty, such that the king smiled and called out to the Duke.

"Chrono. Stop the formalities. We are childhood friends and shouldn't act all formal like. Plus, I still owe you an apology for my son's actions." - King

".... I understand Raul." - Artonis

He stands up and stares at the king as the king smiles and stands up from his seat.

"Its been a long time Old Friend." - Raul

"Apologies your majesty for causing a scene at the entrance..." - Artonis

"Pfft. Those guys had it coming. It seems that Marcus still believes he can beat you when I had tried many times in the past. Hahaha." - Raul

Both of them began talking as if recalling the past as Leonias was shocked at the changes his father made, as if he didn't realize that his father and the Duke were acquaintances with a history.

He did hear that his father had gone on an adventure to visit the land yet he forgot to connect the two together as he had forgotten the stories his mother told him about how she and her father had met.

"I am still a bit mad about you not showing me courtesy after you gave birth to your child. I'm still her uncle you know Chrono. It seems that you still fantasized about those golems the dragons made that you forgotten the long time bond we have." - Raul

"..... Ah. It seems so... " - Artonis

Artonis memories clicks the moment Raul had told him the reason why was he obssessed with the steel golems he kept on investing in it, forgoing his family and his own self in the process.

He felt ashamed of his actions and smile as he wanted to atone for his deeds for neglecting his acquaintances.

"I do owe you an apology Raul. As compensation..... [Space Inventory]" - Artonis

Everyone was shocked as Artonis open a wormhole out of thin air as he places his hands inside it and taken out two bottles from his hands and gave it to the king.

As the guards immediately tried to intervene from the sudden action of Artonis, being able to conjure anything out of thin air....

"Crazy!" - Raul

Raul was shaking in excitement as if his drool suddenly salivate at the sight of the bottle and turned to Artonis as he couldn't believe at his friend to bringing such a very priceless good.

"Your Majesty, what is...." - Sevian

"D-dragon's Elixer..... Wine made from the dragons themselves...." - Raul

"""!!!!!!! """ - Everyone

The moment the king said the name of the bottle. Everyone stops in shock as if they couldn't believe that the Duke casually passed to the king was such a rare item.

Given that it was quite rare for a dragon to be friendly to any other races, any item they have is a legendary treasure who were willing to sacrifice their lives just to get hands on a single item. Dragon's Elixer is such an item that most races don't even know if it exist and even if they do, its was such a daunting task of not only retrieving it but also facing the wrath of the dragon they stole from.

Given such a rare item, only a few selected people where to see such item, and its even lower for those to taste such delicacy out of this world.

As such....

"It should suffice for my actions of not inviting the king to see his neice on the day she was birthed." - Artonis

'Bro, if you gave me this just because you didn't invite me to my neice's birth, what would you give me for my birthday? A Dragonscale armor?!' The king shaking as if he was afraid of dropping such precious items that he quickly place those bottles into his throne. Look at Artonis with a gratified smile. 

"Old Friend! Its good to see you? How's your family life been doing? Is Lilia still been distant with you? Oh com'on, I should continue asking this to you and instead, let us head to the balcony as there's actually some snacks I've wanted to show you for a long time. Hahaha... "

The king happily began to grow closer to Artonis as he shooks in head as he decline the king's invitation. 

"I do wish to chat around your majesty but I only came here to prove my testimony on the false accusation case. I still need to find my brother as per my father's request. Apologies for declining your request." - Artonis

"Chrono. We're Best friends. You don't have to be so humble. That accusation my son did? It was just a joke he made up since you kinda been holed up at your place for a long time now and never show up at the capital. So its all good." - Raul

As he said that, he quickly turns to his son while retaining the smile he had. 

'Listen here you lil sht. Good thing that Celly isn't here or we be digging both are graves right now.' The prince shuddered at his father's furious smile as he knew that he almost poke the hornet's nest and unleashed apocalpse upon them.

Fortunately, even through Chrono might seem upset at the accusation, he mostly just annoyed at most and didn't anger him at all. Plus, he could see that while he is quite good at everything, he still is imperfect such as how his daughter and father are close to each other in just a short amount of time and decide to follow his advice and learn from his brother. So, even though he had to head to the capital due to some misunderstanding, he still feels satisfied knowing that staying at his place might not help out in improving his relationship with his family.

After some talks with the king, he dismiss himself and meet up with him tomorrow as he would bring his daughter to him.

"Father said that he should be at the gambling den....I should ask around since older brother might not like to see me."

As Artonis began snooping at the entertainment district, he suddenly been told where his brother's whereabouts and headed to the largest gambling den in the capital.

Due to wearing such expensive clothing, it would come with no surprise for thieves to try their luck at them but once they tried to reach in to his pockets....

"I suggest that you do not try your luck, lest you want your hand removed from your body."

The man who was almost trying to reach to Artonis pockets, his body began to shudder constantly as if he was facing such a foe he doesn't want to mess with as his eyes turn towards Artonis head who had only slightly look at his direction as just a single glance made him froze and warm liquid began to pour from his pants.

Naturally, Artonis just ignore him since he was just a petty thief and nothing else and continue to head into the gambling den as he began to talk to nothing.

"Is my brother there?" - Artonis

"Affirmative. He is currently in one of the corners of the gambling den and started arguing at the staff." - Shadow

Or at least he was talking alone when a man in black outfit appeared in a kneeling position as he relay the information to Artonis and just nodded in silence.

"Good. You may go for now as I would like to be alone with my brother. Also, there seems to be some ungoing activity lurking around at the capital as this might be interesting to see. Snoop out for information as to what's going on as this might actually be a good opportunity for Aria. " - Artonis

"Understood." - Shadow

From come to go, it quickly left without making a sound as Artonis entered the den as countless gazes were unto him.

As everyone began standing up, he just held his hands in front of them, signaling for them to just sit down as he began to walk to an area where a man was yelling at one of the staff.

"You think that I don't see any tricks here?! Can't you see you just hid your card in your hand and thought I wouldn't see it due to being drunk?! Huh?! " - Kael

"P-please calm down. This is a well-establish buisiness we are running and don't condone to cheating. I wish that you leave this establishment before we have to be drastic about our actions." 

He stares at the two as Chrono knows that Kael is the type that always causes trouble to those around him and see at how he isn't making sense due to being drunk, he decide to step in and talk some sense into his brother.

"Brother. Lest you want Father to come and beat some sense into you once he found out your causing trouble again, do not raise your hand on the staff." - Artonis

"Hah?! Who do you think you-Bro?!" - Kael

Kael glares at the person behind him, not noticing who he was glaring at until it was too late.

Once he finally notice who he was glaring at, all the alchohol contents in his body suddenly disappear as if he haven't been drunk at all and turned pale at to who that person was.

He had stumbled back to which he didn't saw where he waa backing off from and almost fell to the staff. Yet, Artonis arrive faster to catch his brother with his foot as he caught the staff by his hand. 

"Apologies for my Older Brother's actions. As to compensate for the trouble he cost, here." - Artonis

The staff who was staring at such a charming man suddenly blush as she couldn't help but feel attracted to how Chrono had saved her as a pouch was dropped on her hands before he pulled his brother with his foot and pushed him out of the gambling house.

———————————————————————————————————————————————————

"Man, I thought you were going to beat me up again. Hell, you literally scared me shtless when you just randomly showed up there." -Kael

"Did Father not told you that I and my daughter would be coming here?" - Artonis

"Wait? You brought your child here and its a girl? Damn, you must going to have a bad time once she bring a guy home Bro." - Kael

Since Chrono wanted to talk with his brother privately, he decides that they would take a trip to a restaurant as Kael naturally lead the way due to being here longer than Chrono.

The restaurant he stopped in might have just adequate food and snacks but their drinks were no joking matter as Kael took a huge gulp of ale in his mouth and slams his mug on the table.

"Oh... thats the good stuff....

So Bro, if the old man sent you to me, the only thing I thought off that I know is you having problems relating to your family. Am I right?" - Kael

".........." - Artonis

"Wait, he seriously thought about that?!" - Kael

He thought it was a joke at first the moment he think in his mind but looking at Chrono's surprise look, he was shocked that he actually was sent here. He believe that Chrono might had been sent to him since the old man knew that Kael has been causing trouble for the Artonis Household and as such, he sent his young brother to 'pacify' him again. 

'Oh.... now this is interesting....' - Kael

He felt like this was a good opportunity to 'educate' his brother in regards to his lifestyle as devious grin slowly pops up on his face.

"Listen here my good little brother...." - Kael

........ 

"W-why do I feel cold all of a sudden?" - Old Artonis

A man who just stops at the street as he feels the cold wind on such a hot day as the young girl whom was holding his hand, just turned to her grandparent, confused as to why he had stopped at such a busy street. 

5