Chapter 1 – Part 3/5
82 1 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

    A man on a throne sat there in the silence of the dark.  His eyes glowed through the night a bright green.  He lifted his hand that had a rose in it and twirled it around. “Ms. Kal has a fiancé... how extravagant,” he said in a low growl.  He looked down at the rose in his hand and said “the games shall begin...” down, the rose dropped and the pedals faintly flowed away. 

*

*

*

It was already sunrise when I was woken up from my slumber.  Kal was still in bed with me sleeping and hugging me around my waist.  I looked at her for a few and then patted her on the shoulder “Kal~ it’s time to get up.” She opened her eyes groggily and rubbed them, she winked at me and snuggled up closer to me. “Good morning Ann,” she said with a scratchy voice.  I giggled at her grogginess.  Kal sat up slowly "come, it's time for you to sleep," she said to me.  Confused, I followed her and she picked me up bridal style.  Kal walked into the pond slowly, one step to another.  A hint of light shined between us like last time, again, it was warm.  The pond wasn't cold or hot, it was warm and comforting, it made me drowsy.  Candles around the room light up as Kal started to sing, and when I looked up at her, her eyes had changed and so did her hair.  Her hair went from gold to red and so did her eyes.  It was like a wolf on a full moon night.  My world started to go dark in a matter of seconds before I completely lost all cautiousness.  

"My young child... It's time for you to wake up..." A hand caressed my face slightly.  Startled from the sudden touch, I pushed up from the bed and looked around to find myself back in the bed.  However, Kal was nowhere to be seen, it made me worry.  The door to the room opened and a young lady walked in, she had a bowl in her hand with a rag.  She saw me awake but did not run out of the room like last time.  The young lady walked up to me and sat down. "I had assumed you would awake today so I have a bath made for you next store," she said to me with a smile. "Thank you..." I said, "you're welcome" she replied and then got up and walked out of the room.  I put my legs over the edge and slowly lifted myself off the bed.  Surprisingly my body didn't hurt as much as it did last time.  I headed towards the door and opened it.  Slowly, I walked into the bathroom and got undress before relaxing in the water.

.

.

-1 hour later-

    I walked outside into the garden and sat down on a chair.  It was peaceful and very quiet, I had almost forgotten what peace felt like.  I looked around to find someone with red hair, she was sitting down on a blanket.  I got up and walked over to the unfamiliar girl and greeted her.  She looked up at me and to my surprise it was Kal.  Her hair was no longer golden and nor was her eyes.  "Kal, I've been looking for you since the moment I was woken up," I said to her.  Kal looked down and didn't utter a word so I sighed and sat down next to her. "It's ok, no worries," I said as to hope she didn't think I was mad at her or upset with her because of her not being there.  She hugged me around the waist and rested her head on my shoulder. "The emperor of Shinjuku is coming over in the afternoon so please stay by my side and don't ever leave it," Kal said to me with a trembling voice.  I could feel her shaking... She must've been scared of this 'emperor' to be shaking so much.  I responded to Kal with an "I will." The emperor of Shinjuku must be bad news.  Kal got up from the blanket and had me follow her. "It's time for you to study our language, dear" Kal giggled. "Oh noo, that's no fun" I replied giggling. 

    I followed Kal into a big library filled with all kinds of books on every shelf there is.  It was enormous, it made me wanna read every one of them.  Kal walked over to one shelf and grabbed a few books with written letters that I couldn't understand.  She also grabbed a few pieces of paper and a pencil and sat them down at a desk.  Kal directed me to sit down in the chair and handed me the pencil.  Well, this is gonna be fun...  Kal opened one of the books and began teaching me the language they speak.  Every syllabi and punctuation was very difficult to comprehend and to understand since it was very unfamiliar to me.  I started to wonder how Kal manage to understand all of this.

    The library door opened and a different young girl, unlike the last one, announced to Kal that she had work to do. "I'm sorry, darling, I must attend to my work, I will be back tonight for you," I nodded and gave her a farewell kiss.  Kal walked out with the young girl to her work.  Seems like Kal will be away for a while today.  I sighed and looked down at the books in front of me.  

    I decided to take a walk around the palace, giving myself my own tour.  There were many things I have not seen until now.  Most of the places I saw had statues that looked like gods, gods I am not known to.  Different types of plants covered the statues, it gave them an old look.  The statues made a circle and it surrounded a flower, a lotus, it bloomed the color red like blood.  It's been a while since the last time I had walked alone.  Most of the memories I had from my world started to disappear one by one ever since I came here, It's like it never existed.  They disappear faster when we do the ritual, however.  

    It was almost dark so I had to get going back inside the palace.  Due to the fact I walked rather far away from the palace, it got dark quickly on the way back, it was almost dinner time too.  Before I had come into this unknown world, I was always alone and never feared childish-like things.  Although I was always alone, ever since I met Kal and began to be around her often,  I started to fear being alone.  Without her, I didn't feel the tiniest bit of safe.  Walking alone use to mean nothing but now it means a lot...

    I sighed to myself, wondering what Kal is doing at the very moment.  She’s probably doing documents for the economy or something to do with war dealings.  In front of me was the doors the palace, I had just finished taking my stroll. The doors opened up slowly by the guards, bowing down to me as a welcoming. “Thank you, gentlemen,” I said as I walked in and the doors closed behind me. 
    Suddenly, Kal bursted out of nowhere and hugged me tightly, “Ann!” She booed out loud. “I was looking for you and I didn’t see you anywhere! Save me~!” Again she whaled.  “Are you running away from someone, Kal? And I apologize, I took a stroll outside while I waited for you,” clacking steps echoed through the hall, getting closer and closer and then a tall, lean, young looking man stood in front of us both.
    He had red eyes and wore a styled black suit with a golden dragon design from the side down.  His hair was flicked back and nicely trimmed and his pale skin complemented his eyes.  I flinched from the looks of him, he was rather dashing but had a evil aura around him that Kal didn’t seem to notice.  ‘What a strange aura this man has… it’s creepy and shifty, very indecent,” I thought to myself and I studied him. “Kal, dear, we must go back ,you have not finished your work yet,” his red eyes glared at me as he tried to take Kal by her hand.  In reflex, I pulled her back with me, a sweat dropped from my face and my body trembled in slight fear from thinking what I have done.  I probably have started something that I cannot control and perhaps I might die from his dreadful stair.  He studied me for a mere minute and a smile hit his face, “well, what do we have here? I apologize for my sudden appearance, Kal, is this your fiancé?” He asked Kal and Kal shook her head yes. “Well, I’m sorry miss fiancé, I will be taking Kal back to her room to finish her work, she will be back by midnight.” I had let go of Kal, feeling dejected.  Kal had noticed how upset I was and kissed me on the forehead, “it’s okay Ann, I’ll make sure to give you plenty of love tomorrow,” I nodded and Kal followed behind the mysterious man who had eyed me once more with the look ‘I will kill you’. 

-

-

-

~end of part 3~

edit: 2022, Feb 14, Sorry for not working on the story, I had just decided to look through the story and added a whole lot more to it so hopefully y’all will reread this when you see it, a new chapter will be published within a week or two!

 

 

Edit: I had removed the last paragraph, I thought it wasn't needed because at the time I was writing this story, part 4 wasn't going anywhere at all and it bothered me, I think I should be able to continue with working on this book now!

2