(Vol 2) Chapter 64
876 7 17
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Xia arrived at his new territory a few minutes later with Zero. Hyde park was completely surrounded by reporters who were watching the military leaving the area.

 

Since the territory was now Xia’s the British military now had to leave the area, however, they still stopped any people from entering the park as there was a risk of them entering the portal without permission.

 

Xia walked up to the military checkpoint and easily passed through as the men recognized him. As he passed they saluted.

 

After passing through and ignoring the flashing of cameras he surveyed his new territory. It was just a boring park right now and he planned to build some magnificent buildings on this land. 

 

“Shadow Guard”

 

Xia muttered under his breath and ten men dressed in black appeared around him. They all had black eyes and hair as well, they all immediately kneeled in a circle around Xia. Zero took a step back in shock as he felt the strength of these people that had appeared from thin air.

 

“Contact the council, I need talented individuals for a project. You know what to do.”

 

“By the Lord's command!” they all shouted and vanished once again.

***

 

A man with refined features and dazzling blue hair listened to the beautiful music while sipping on his wine. He was currently on a date with the dazzling beauty seated opposite him. He had chosen this restaurant in Eden’s entertainment district as he planned to take her to see the opera after their meal.

 

“Derek, are you listening to me?” the blue-haired beauty asked him while tapping her finger on the wooden table in annoyance. 

 

“Talking requires too much effort, don't you agree Jenna? How many dates have you gone on over the last few hundred years? Doesn't everything feel rather pointless?”

 

Derek let out an audible sigh and then finished the remaining wine in his glass. The 600-year-old woman opposite him who didn’t look a day over 25 nodded at his statement.

 

“It's as you say, Derek, nothing interests me anymore… HUH?” The woman seemed confused by something behind him so Derek decided to turn around.

 

The room was filled with blue-haired men and women with the occasional green-haired person acting as either a waiter or servant. However, everyone's eyes had locked onto a single man standing at the entrance to the restaurant.

 

As the man walked through the restaurant towards Derek everyone he passed stood up and bowed deeply to the man. He just gave them all a sideways glance in acknowledgment and continued walking in silence.

 

Everyone was completely shocked. The man’s golden hair waved as he walked, showing his level of authority.

 

Although this restaurant was considered lavish and fancy to the green and blue cardholders, it was considered insignificant by the black and especially gold cardholders.

 

Very occasionally a black cardholder would grace this restaurant with their presence but they were usually those who didn’t have a connection to a gold card member.

 

The gold cards or ‘Royals’ had their own floating island and would rarely leave it. The black cardholders would often be invited to that island for meals and therefore would rarely eat at establishments like his one.

 

Derek was 380 years old this year and he had never even seen a Royal in person before. They were like a mythical existence similar to a Dragon or Unicorn that parents told their kids about.

 

The Royal eventually reached Derek's table and Derek immediately stood up and gave the deepest bow of his life and didn’t dare to raise his head without permission.

 

“This Humble servant greets an esteemed council member!” He shouted while at a 90 degree angle.

 

He said this with all his heart. The council members were rumored to all be thousand-year-old monsters that had close ties to the God of this world, Xia. 

 

“My name is Leon Reed, Fourth seat of the Grand Council. Are you Derek?”

 

“Y-yes my Lord that is me, to what do I owe the pleasure?”

 

“Receive this royal decree, Overlord Xia has requested your expertise in constructing a palace on another planet. If your results are satisfactory you may be promoted to a black card.”

 

Everyone in the room inhaled a sharp breath! There hadn’t been a new black cardholder in hundreds of years!

 

In Eden, there were around 10,000 Green card holders. Some were merchants who sold goods and services while others were the labor force. A large majority of these green card holders are university students who attend Eden university and they work part-time to cover the debt of attending the university.

 

Then a few were promoted to Blue cardholders due to various reasons, there are an estimated 1000 blue cardholders. Then the next level up is the black cardholders and everyone suspects there to only be around 100 of them. They are all old monsters from the time Eden was founded or they were recently appointed personally by a Gold cardholder.

Finally, there's the Gold cardholders or the Royals. All info on them is very secret and nobody knows much about any of them. So to see such a rare individual is like seeing the President of America visiting the same cafe you are sitting in and personally looking for you.

 

Derek shivered in excitement and looked at all the envious gazes on him, especially Jenna. She was giving him a death stare since he was ignoring her and not giving her any attention. ‘Haha, bitch do you think I care about you at all? I only dated you out of boredom’

 

Derek raised his head and answered the man “I receive our God’s decree and will assist immediately!” 

 

For the first time, Leon Reed's emotionless face gave a slight smile as he nodded.

 

Leon then gazed at the sky and began calling out:

 

“Eden system authority”

 

A mechanical voice then sounded throughout the restaurant much to everyone's amazement, it's the first time they had witnessed this.

 

“Loading request… Identity confirmed, Gold-ranked Leon Reed, 4th seat of the high council.”

 

After hearing the message Leon continued “Initiate transport protocol, Blue card member ‘Derek’ ID 873 to Gold card Xia, ID 1”

 

“Processing request… Granted.”

 

Everyone in the restaurant watched as Derek disappeared into particles of light. Leon just nodded his head again. He then cast a spell:

 

“[Return]”

 

He then vanished into thin air, allowing everyone to finally take a deep breath of relief as if the pressure in the room had vanished. None dared to breathe while the man was present.

 

Jenna was the first to react, she quickly stood up and kicked the living shit out of the table with an enraged face. 

 

“THAT. FUCKING. BASTARD. WHY. IS. HE. SO. LUCKYYYY”

 

Nobody stopped her as they also felt the same.

 

What should Xia have built? A palace? Floating island? Space Elevator?

17