Chapter 6
3.9k 33 123
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Alice and Xia have arrived at the base of the mountain in the center of the cursed forest. “Careful Xia this mountain is rumored to be a dragon's nest”.

 

“Dragons, Really?!?”, “I wonder if I can one-shot them hehe”.

 

“No that's definitely impossible, they are the strongest magic users on this continent.”

 

“Sure sure what everrrrr you say, Alice”.

 

It had taken them 3 days to reach the middle of the forest. After Xia explained that he was once a human, Alice found it easier to speak and interact with him. She still had slight concerns that although she may be fine, her country might not.

 

Although dragons might stand a chance against him, nobody in any of the human kingdoms would be able to even go within 300ft of this monster without dying an instant death, that [Annihilating Aura] is no joke.

 

During this journey to the mountain, Alice was carried like a princess by the skeletons and was fed food as often as possible. They had supplies for around 10 people on a month-long journey after all. Alice also really needed some fattening up.

 

Alice knew there was a risk that once Xia’s prey ran out in the forest then he would have no choice but to turn to humans to stay alive. Although they sold her off and treated her like shit she also had friends still living in the Eshnar Kingdom after all.

 

Then she remembered why this became the cursed forest in the first place. Dungeons. Mystical places were created by the gods to provide an easy location for people to train and learn skills.

 

These Dungeons usually consist of multiple floors with a boss room. Once the boss is defeated the dungeon stops growing in size and only produces a minimal amount of monsters.

Because of this killing, the boss is usually a last resort. Although there are rewards and a lot of exp for killing the boss, the gains of an infinitely expanding dungeon that spawns endless resources are way more lucrative in the long run.

 

The Dungeon in the center of the cursed forest that Alice and Xia were currently standing at the entrance to was once used by humans like any other dungeon. But when Dragons made this area their territory the humans had no choice but to abandon the Dungeon.

 

After hundreds of years, the Dungeon reached its maximum size of 100 floors and started to overflow with monsters. These monsters were forced outside the Dungeon and into the wilderness. They turned the entire cursed forest into their home.

 

Well, it was their home till Xia and the undead army practically killed them all. It seems a lot of the monsters have caught onto the new dangerous predator and have fled further north towards the empire's borders. Hope they will be alright...

 

“Oh look here's one now,” Xia says pointing towards the sky with his claw

 

A golden majestic dragon was circling our heads from the air. “Well guess we're dead then,” Alice says, laying back and closing her eyes. It was a good life, well until recently. 

 

“Oh life and death heed my call, the pendulum of fate forever swings”

 

Alice's eyes shoot open and she turns her head. Although she’s not that good at magic herself, anyone could feel the immense mana being gathered at Xia’s fingertip.

 

The 6-meter tall Nightwalker was currently on one knee and aiming one of his claws at the dragon in the sky.

 

“Provide me the power to bring judgment upon my foe, for I am the orchestrator of fate.”

 

 

 

 

[Finger of Doom]

 

A purple beam of pure energy shot out from Xia’s claw. The clouds vanished, the sky turned pitch black despite it being the middle of the day. Not even a star could be seen. The dragon tried to block it with a golden magic shield but it shattered instantly on impact.

 

It let out a majestic cry as the mana surged into its body. It then exploded in a shower of blood like a water balloon.

 

[Name: Alice] (Leader)

[Race: Human]

[No titles -> Dragon Slayer]

[Level: 56 -> 320]

[STR: 90 (Weakened), DEX:146, CON: 78 (Weakened), INT: 134, WIS: 110](Weakened) (Cold)  

 

Although Alice had only been recovering the last few days she was still getting a share of the EXP that her party member obtains. After that dragon kill, she would now be one of the highest leveled humans on the planet. Although she has trained 0 skills and only has high base stats for now.

 

[Name: Xia]

[Race: Nightwalker]

[Dragon Slayer, Cursed Forest Overlord]

[Level: 400 -> 480]

[STR: 956705, DEX: 956705, CON: 956705, INT: 956705, WIS: 956705]

(Life Force Unstable: 264 hours)

 

Its carcass fell from the sky with a whistling noise like a bomb being dropped and slammed down in front of Xia with the most ear-piercing explosion Alice had ever heard. After the ringing died down Xia seemed to turn to her with a grin on his face with an ‘I told you so’ face. Or at least that's what she assumes. Alice still wouldn’t consider herself a master of Nightwalker expressions quite yet.

 

“We were foes in life but now allies in death” [Rise]

(For reference abilities can be used without chants but by adding a chant it can multiply the spell's strength by over 100 times depending on how long and relevant the chant is.)

 

The bone carcass shudders as it rises up to greet its new master. Despite being a dragon it actually was similar in height when on all fours to Xia.

 

“Paw” The Dragon skeleton responded by placing one of its boney paws on Xia’s hand. “Soooo what were you saying about Dragons Alice? Aren’t they just oversized flying puppies with scales? Look here!”

 

“Yea yea I must have got them mixed up with something else…” Alice muttered to herself.

 

“Stop fooling around, let's enter the dungeon shall we?” Alice said with impatience from being looked at as an idiot by Xia.

 

“Sure sure, Bone dragon I name you Shadow and I order you with guarding the Dungeon entrance”.

 

“The huge bone dragon simply nodded at its master's command and sat back on its hind legs, observing the surroundings for potential intruders.”

 

“What a good guard dog you are Shadow! Alright, let's go, Alice!”

 

[Party has entered the “Cursed Forest Dungeon” Danger Level S]

123