Chapter 31
2.4k 34 74
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Thank you Enelthrei for the 5 star review! 

The man’s slender finger pointed towards the single drop of blood on the wall.

He seemed completely uninterested in the destroyed corpse, pale-faced humans, or even the brain matter centimeters away from his shoe.

No.

None of that fazed this man.

Yet the single drop of blood on his property seemed to be the greatest offense ever committed.

Everyone was going blue from holding their breath in fear.

The man slowly placed his cleaning cloth back into his mug, this action seemed to relax the psycho girl’s face a little but it soon turned even more panicked.

What scared the girl so much I hear you ask?

He’s cleaning the mug in an anti-clockwise direction, a seemingly unimportant detail, but even I could feel the sudden difference in atmosphere.

Every revolution he made the aura and killing intent seemed to rise and the psycho girl’s face becomes more and more startled.

[Extremly high energy space distortion detected, Eden Defense Array activated]

A strange voice seemed to speak directly into my head as a huge golden barrier formed between Geroge and the girl.

The man’s lips curled up slightly.

“Override.” He said in a flat tone.

[Eden Defense Array Deactivated by Administrator George]

While I was distracted by the voice I suddenly noticed a frightening sight before me.

The blood was slowly flowing along the floor back towards the corpse.

Alice and the ‘surface dwellers’ also seemed completely baffled at this sight.

Brain matter and blood collected near the corpse as everything seemed to move as if time was flowing in reverse.

The brain matter and blood returned to the corpse, the corpse then stood up, back into its original position before it was killed.

Bwooooonnnggggg

A weird noise resounded while the fabric of reality shuddered as if trying to resist George’s immense magical power.

Although I don’t understand skills or spells very well yet. I can tell that Geroge somehow rewound time itself simply by cleaning the mug anti-clockwise…

Alice let out a light scream before she was flung off into the distance in the direction she had arrived in, and the people against their own will seemed to walk back through the portal.

A thin smile appeared on the man’s lips when he confirmed that the stain was gone from the walls.

Instead of just cleaning the wall like a normal person he had manipulated space-time so his honor couldn’t be damaged…

The man surveyed the surroundings seemingly happy with his performance but then his eyes and mine met.

He stood there and stared directly into my eyes, a single quote came to mind to describe his gaze.

‘If you stare into the Abyss long enough the Abyss stares back at you’

His eyes suddenly shone slightly and I was teleported.

???

I’m sitting on a barstool with my feet dangling since they are too short to reach the floor.

In front of me is George as he hands me a mug filled with some fruit juice with a warm smile completely unlike his previous face. He now looks like a kind grandpa instead of a demon lord.

He then picks up another mug and continues cleaning it with a cloth.

I shudder slightly thinking I would never fathom the power of this man.

“Hello little miss, you can call me Grandpa George,” he says in a warm tone.

Grandpa George my ass you are a Demon Lord! I say in my heart my furiously shaking my fist at him.

His face then turns dark “I know about you, Emilia Reed. You should not exist nor should you be alive.”

Without giving me a second to talk he continues

“High humans are humans that have broken the limits of humanity and ascended to become immortal.”

“But the very act of immortality goes against nature, therefore to ascend one must cast aside nature”

He then looks me dead in the eyes

“High humans are unable to procreate, therefore your existence is impossible.”

“W-what really” I reply scared out of my fucking mind. This man could wipe out my new life instantly.

“You need to leave here, it’s not safe. You were created through many illegal and frowned upon rituals and the doctors determined you to be brain dead at birth. The Reed family decided to keep you around since they could always transplant a soul into your body at a later date.”

“In conclusion, they planned to use your body as a vessel for their souls if anything managed to kill their original body.”

“All the immortals are extremely careful. There have been many assassination attempts but everyone is decked out in defense artifacts and some have fail-safes such as spare bodies like in your case.”

I’m completely speechless with my mouth agape. These immortals are fucking crazy! They planned to use a dead baby’s body as a backup vessel to transplant their soul if they died!?!

“Take this artifact”

The man casually threw a neckless towards me yet he had amazing accuracy and strength.

I catch it almost falling from my seat and then inspect the simple-looking jewelry in my hand.

[Neckless of hidden agenda]
[Effect: Changes the user’s hair color and aura]

I put the neckless around my neck and my hair becomes snow-white, hiding my golden hair.

“Unfortunately we can’t chat much longer, Xia seems to have caught wind of this. Even I can’t defend you against that monstrosity.”

There's someone even more fearsome than Grandpa George???

George gives me a warm smile and flings open his arms. The barstool beneath me gives out yet I remain floating in the air. The doors to the inn then fling open and I am thrown tumbling in midair towards the portal place in the center of the merchants square.

“Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh”

I scream at the top of my lungs trying to hold back the puke from motion sickness. Everything is spinning violently until I make contact with the portal and everything changes...

74