Chapter 36
2k 25 47
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 

Emilia let out a sigh of relief, the scary adventurers had all ran off somewhere after pointing their weapons at her. She had been cursing the Goddess in her heart for lying about this being a peaceful place and leading her to pick non-combat skills.

 

“I just wanted to read some books in peace…” she said with a pained voice.

 

Then as if life was playing some sick joke on her a voice announced that the city was under attack. She watched as a massive golden barrier formed to protected the city from the flying monsters.

 

Emilia was rooted to the spot shaking in fear. Back on earth, the scariest thing she had ever seen was a spider the size of her palm hiding behind her toilet. 

 

Yet in the sky is a dragon-looking monster with multiple heads, wings, and legs. It was easily as large as the blue whales she had seen in the David Attenborough documentaries. 

 

It let out a terrifying roar that shook the heavens as it furiously attacked by launching fireballs and lightning attacks at the barrier with bloodshot eyes showing its beserk state.

 

The barrier held strong, defending against the onslaught of attacks. The Dragon monster was then killed by some futuristic weapon that looked like it belonged in a sci-fi film.

 

While Emilia was still terrified and rooted to the spot she watches on with a pale face as the golden barrier started displaying holes as it lost power and the futuristic weapons that had emerged from the skyscrapers remained silent.

 

The Dragon monster wasn’t the end of it either. There were many monsters in the sky but they all had one thing in common. They were large abominations of monsters or animals she was familiar with from Earth or fictions.

 

***

Xia disabled the artifact’s shield allowing the combatants of Eden to fly off straight from the island and attack the monsters raining down attacks on Utopia. 

 

Xia seems quite eager to the others to eliminate the monsters as fast as possible. He quickly used up powerful moves that left everyone around him in awe, such as [Finger of Doom].

 

Why was he so eager? Embarrassment. These monsters were all designed by him out of boredom and his inner otaku went a little out of control.

 

All of his monsters ended up with mutated looks as extra limbs were added in stupid places and they all have silly weaknesses. For example, he just killed a 5-meter tall spider with angle wings and seven legs instead of eight for absolutely no reason.

 

Although his monsters truly inspire fear in enemies due to the insane size and skill set, for Xia they were his biggest regret. Such a massive waste of points for a little bit of entertainment. If he hadn’t wasted millions of points on all these creations he could be a God by now.

 

Why Xia wishes to become a God might be a question on everyone’s mind. Xia had read thousands of light novels before transmigrating into this world. 

 

Every decision he made so far was based on the experiences of those novels he read since the Goddess said they all happened in reality.

 

He always wished to rule, become an absolute overlord, and answer to nobody. This is why he picked an undead and the most powerful one. 

 

The raise undead skill guarantees him a loyal workforce that requires no resources other than mana. In the novels, the undead protagonists always abused their undead skillset to quickly take over or create nations to rule over the living.

 

Xia didn’t pick human because no matter how powerful he was, getting people to move to his city if he somehow builds one would be near impossible, what could he provide that other countries couldn’t?

 

Utopia city, which he was currently defending was a perfect example of city building in a magical world. It’s a city with a billion population. To put that into perspective it’s 27 times the size of Tokyo back on earth. Yet despite its massive population its 100% self-sufficient and also actively trades with other nations helping them through rough harvest seasons.

 

Although it has some issues as all cities or countries have, it’s pretty close to perfect.

 

There was just one problem in Xia’s opinion. The city looks modern with tall skyscrapers, clean tarmac roads, and public parks scattered around. But even with his help and a thousand years of innovation, there was no advance in technology in this world.

 

Xia really wanted to create things like computers or the internet so he could read light novels again but there are some things that mana can’t easily be used for.

 

To create a computer as a single artifact is too complex as it required over a hundred spells and ended up being the size of a building. Similar to the first computers on Earth.

 

Mana is very useful but there’s something only electricity and technology can accomplish. Xia studied computer science at university in his old world but even with that knowledge he couldn’t build the computer and its operating system from scratch and the people of this world didn’t see the use of inventing it as most of its functions could be done with spells like telepathy.

 

Therefore we come back to the question, why does Xia want to become a God?

 

Simple. He wants to link Earth and Utopia city together and trade for technology, and only a God could accomplish such a feat...

 

***

The citizens of Utopia city stared up into the sky with wonder and awe as hundreds of majestic-looking beings flew out in many directions. Some flew on giant swords while others simply moved through the air with their hands behind their backs.

 

Since the immortals never descended to the mortal plane this was the first time many citizens had laid their eyes on the immortals. Anyone with a green card can use the portal to visit Edens merchant square but only around 0.1% of the population had access to green cards as their selling price was around a million gold coins (1 gold = £100).

 

The citizens watched on as the immortals killed the flying monsters that had been raining down fireballs and other elemental spells upon the city. They then quickly left in the direction of Utopias walls.

 

While the majority of citizens watched on with respect others such as those from the Wilson family had greed in their eyes. The Judgment protocol said that in the event that the immortals left Eden undefended they would move in to overthrow the government.

 

While the greedy citizens had their eyes set high a little girl with pink eyes and a curious personality was being lectured by George in the Wisdom Inn, completely oblivious to the battle that’s to come...

47