Chapter 41
1.7k 12 45
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

In an unknown castle in an unknown land, a group of highly powerful figures had assembled.

 

This group called themselves the ‘Surface Alliance’ and they only meet to discuss matters concerning the Underworld.

 

The alliance contained many powerful countries that exist on many continents. Within the group that has assembled today were many Emperors/Empresses and Kings/Queens but also the leaders of different religious and merchant organizations.

 

Utopia city and Eden is a unique case of a country that doesn’t exist anywhere else and therefore needs extensive planning to deal with.

 

To start the meeting a woman wearing white robes stood up from her chair with elegant and practice movements, she then audibly cleared her throat and waited a moment for everyone’s attention.

 

This angelic woman is the head of the Avalon church, a powerful entity on the Noxus continent. She has the most power in this room since she controls the most powerful religious organization on the continent that Utopia city resides under.

 

“Greetings esteemed members of this humble organization, let me start this glorious meeting off with some information. This priest that my church spent great amounts of gold on promoting to a blue card member of Eden has secretly sent me some interesting news!~”

 

She then paused to build up some tension like she was putting on a performance. Annoyance could be seen on many of the people’s faces especially leaders of other religious organizations as they had a rivalry for believers. 

 

Letting out a sigh a man wearing purple robes with white hair and tired eyes gave into the women’s game “Miss Avalon would you please share this information with us? We would appreciate it…” 

 

The angelic woman then clapped her hands together in excitement and a grin on her face “My priest has reported that Utopia city is under attack by hordes of monsters as we speak!”

 

There was a brief silence until another elderly man broke it with an annoyed tone and waving his hand dismissively “That’s the information you called us all here for? Although this has never happened in history they have the defensive capabilities to defend against anything, let alone some monsters.”

 

Many around the enormous round table nodded their heads in agreement. A middle-aged woman with red hair said “They have hundreds of walls and the first wall is a kilometer high and covered in those weird turrets that instantly kill an S rank level warriors, not to mention they have many ascended humans that have lived and trained for hundreds of years.”

 

The emperor of the Empire that is the nearest powerhouse to Utopia decided to also remind everyone of the Eshnar incident. “500 years ago a single immortal called Alice aka the Pink Demon destroyed an entire country single-handedly. Eshnar fell in a single bloody night. For those here that don’t know the story, a noble merchant found out that he shared blood relations with an immortal known as Alice. He was blinded by greed and demanded that she be wedded to his son. He reminded everyone that she was sold as a slave and therefore should act like one. He had no idea of the calamity he had brought upon not only himself but the entire kingdom.”

 

A middle-aged man with a lion head who was the king of a kingdom of beastman chimed in “But that was 500 years ago, back then Eden was the only known force to have many ascended humans, now there are hundreds of ascended humans that are under the church or some of our countries. If we group up all our hidden powerhouses we could defeat the immortals.”

 

The Emperor was a little annoyed at being cut off by a beastman but replied with a stiff tone “Although we could win in an open fight we still don’t know the power level of the supposed king of Eden, Xia. There are only legends about him, even our spies have only caught brief glimpses of him around Eden.”

 

After a brief pause a young man spoke up, he was new to the alliance and had only joined a year ago. His father had passed away so he was forced as the new king of his country to join in this meeting.

 

“Sorry if I sound ignorant it’s my first time here, what exactly is the reason you all want to defeat Utopia city so much?”

 

All the nobles in the room let out a heavy sigh of annoyance, not at the young man but because of resurfaced memories. 

 

“Young man listen to me.” an elderly man spoke up “Imagine you were a peasant working the fields in your country, the local noble needs to raise taxes to fund a war. A thousand years ago this peasant would have no choice but to grit his teeth and hand over the taxes.”

 

“But in modern times, this peasant can simply pack up and leave to Utopia city where he will be provided a free house and 3 meals a day. Although Utopia city isn’t perfect it’s much better than starving and struggling to make ends meet.”

 

“Because of Utopia, all the nobles faced extreme work shortages as peasants left kingdoms to go and live in Utopia. Luckily Utopia was willing to sell us food at very cheap prices to make up for this.”

 

“Because our food supply was almost 100% provided by Utopia no country was willing to attack them despite the fact our citizens were being stolen from under our noses. As we would die from famine within a year.”

 

“Peasants left and the nobles found themselves almost bankrupt as there was nobody to collect taxes from. The peasants and commoners that did stay started demanding fair taxes and rights otherwise they also threatened to leave.”

 

“Our ancestors were all forced to give in to the people’s demand, while Utopia city prospered every other country slowly got poorer and poorer. That is why we created this alliance to try and find a way to deal with Utopia and Eden.”

 

The young man who had been listening closely nodded in approval. The power had flipped and now the royals and nobles had to bow their heads to the commoners and beg them not to leave to Utopia.

 

The angelic woman who was still standing and tapping her feet in irritation at being ignored finally spoke up “Oi listen to me you old geezers I wasn’t finished giving all the information.”

 

Everyone turned back to look at her with surprised expressions on their faces.

 

“The priest doesn’t know the reason but Utopia’s defense system seems to be offline, the floating islands also almost fell from the sky. He reported that most of Edens immortals had flown off the islands to personally handle the monsters…”

 

Everyone’s expressions turned serious. Could this be a chance to finally take down this powerhouse and restore their kingdom’s former glory?

 

45