(Vol 2) Chapter 51
1.3k 19 28
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Command?”

 

Scarlett was very confused, it sounded like lag or delay between each of the commander’s words…

 

Suddenly a notification sounded within her brain and an email notification appeared. She inwardly requested the Ai to open the email and read the contents.

[There seems to be time dilation between worlds. This alien world is operating at 10 times the speed of Earth. From here we are watching at 10x speed so instructing you directly is too difficult. Therefore our last command is that you must complete the mission assigned no matter the cost! Also, try to destroy that black box before more monsters are spawned. -HQ]

 

Scarlett read the message and was slightly angered, although she personally didn’t like Freya, Scarlett still hated feeling like a disposable tool to the higher-ups.

 

Her teammates noticed a brief flash of anger appear in their leader’s eyes before turning cold once again.  

 

(Soldier) “Commander Scarlett, should we continue the mission?” The soldier asked with a slight hint of fear in his voice. A skilled assassin had died and they were only 10 minutes into the mission. Who knew how many more dangers were lurking in the forest.

 

Scarlett took a small sharp breath to calm down and faced the middle-aged soldier, “Yes HQ has ordered us to continue the mission no matter the cost. We must first destroy the black box and then continue on.”

 

The soldier’s expression turned gloomy ‘Did HQ really hate them this much? Just walk into the forest filled with aliens, sure why not what could go wrong haha!’

The group of eight members quickly got to work and destroyed the black box. To their surprise, it was really weak and only needed a few good kicks and a rock dropped on it before it finally crumbled into pieces.

 

They waited around for 30 minutes to make sure it was broken. As expected no more monsters like that zombie troll appeared so they prepared to leave.

 

(Scarlett) “Timothy, you released drones to check the surroundings right? Got any information?”

 

The timid man quickly ran over to Scarlett while holding a large tablet. He had a rather grim expression.

 

(Timothy) “Commander I did indeed send out drones, all of them were quickly destroyed after leaving the canopy of the trees by enormous birds. However, one drone survived!”

 

Scarlett was disturbed by the fact they were surrounded by such ferocious birds, one should know these drones were high-tech military drones that had missile defense systems and could perform evasive maneuvers at hundreds of miles an hour.

 

(Scarlett) “How come one of the drones survived then?” 

 

(Timothy) “Well it was being chased by a bird creature but when the drone went near this house the creature suddenly stopped and flew away.”

 

Scarlett looked at the house on the tablet. It looked like a small castle as it had stone walls surrounding a large wooden house. There was light coming through the windows so someone was definitely living inside. How could someone live in such a hostile environment though? 

 

(Scarlett) “Okay we will visit this house then, how far is it?”

 

(Timothy) “Around two miles away in this direction” Timothy then pointed in a direction while checking a map on his tablet.

 

(Scarlett) “Alight team, everyone get ready to head out! The objective is only two miles away! Everyone needs to pay close attention to their surroundings and be ready for battle at any time!”

 

Everyone nodded in agreement and tightened their hold on their weapons. Nobody was in the mood to mess around, especially after seeing how Freya died, they made sure to be extra attentive to their surroundings.

 

And so a brave group of Earthlings took the first steps into this new and dangerous world…

 

***

 

Meanwhile, at the house in the woods, a young girl sat in a comfy chair near the fireplace and was happily reading a book.

 

After finishing the last page she received a notification from the system.

 

Ding! +77643 exp awarded for finishing “Advanced Rune formations”

 

Ding! Level up!

 

The young girl laughed happily and checked her status:

 

[Name: Emilia Reed]

[Race: High Human]

[Class: Sage]

[Titles: Golden Bloodline]

[Level:78]

[STR: 305, DEX: 432, CON: 983, INT:1364, WIS:1269]]

[Skills]

[Fireball X]

[Invisibility X]

(Bloodline Skills)

[Self Repair](The body will automatically repair with mana)

 

[Home Teleport](Teleports the person to a pre-set location, can be changed.)

 

[Safe Travel](Monsters in the Underworld dungeon will not attack on sight but will attack if provoked. This only applies to the first floor)

 

[Telepathy](Can communicate across large distances through the mind)

 

[Unlock/Lock Home] (Surround a property with a barrier to stop trespassers. It can also be used to deactivate the barrier. Requires contact with the barrier to use. Can also surround the user’s body with a barrier in the same way)

 

[Summon Undead] (The user can summon and control undead beings)

 

(Divine Skills)

 

[Summon Book] (The user can summon any kind of book they can imagine)

 

[Passive exp](The user cannot gain exp from killing but instead slowly gains exp through other activities. This effect is doubled while reading books or sleeping)

 

The little girl was in fact Emilia Reed who was reincarnated into this world a month ago.

 

When she first arrived in this world, she was instantly kicked out of her home and onto the streets with no money or even decent clothes! Her reincarnation was really too pitiful.

 

Luckily she was given a powerful ability [Summon Book]. She felt incredibly embarrassed as she was walking around in pajamas so she accidentally wished for some way to be invisible from everyone’s gazes.

The system seemed to understand and summoned a grimoire that would teach her the skill [Invisibility X]. 

 

Not only did the book teach her the skill at the max rank but she also learned it the second she opened the book.

 

Emilia at the time had no idea how insane this was and was just happy when she activated the skill and everyone started acting like she didn’t exist.

 

She then made a grimoire for the fireball spell. After learning it and confirming that it worked by instantly killing a monster in the sky, she proceeded to an auction house.

 

She assumed that these grimoires could be worth a few silver coins at most.

 

Little did she know after explaining the effects the auction house owner almost fainted from shock!

 

In the end, the Fireball grimoire sold for 1000 gold coins, and the invisibility grimoire sold for a million gold coins.

 

When asked if she had any more she stupidly said she could make them! The look of greed on everyone’s faces at that moment was truly terrifying and she realized she fucked up badly.

 

Emilia quickly grabbed the money, stuffed it into her spatial storage, and activated her invisibility spell. She then ran without looking back. Everyone in the auction house spent the night searching but couldn’t find her.

 

Emilia knew she messed up so decided to wait out the monster stampede and then escape the city. She spent this time carefully buying new clothes and other essential items.

 

After a week the monster stampede finally ended and she escaped through the city’s front gate. After running for a few hours she came across this small abandoned castle, deep in the forest.

 

After making sure it was definitely abandoned she decided this would be her new home! Due to her [Safe Travel] skill, no monsters approached the house so long as she was home. 

 

Also if anyone came she could surround the house with a forcefield or use her [Home Teleport] skill to escape back to Eden.

 

For the last week, Emilia had been leading a very slothful existence. She had no need to eat due to her being a High Human that could absorb mana for food. Therefore all she did was read books that she summoned and slept in a comfy bed that the previous owner had left behind.

 

Emilia still kept the necklace that George had gifted her. It changed her golden hair to a beautiful snow-white color and masked her royal aura. She wore it at all times as she was worried that this Xia person would find her.

 

While she was having such deep and terrifying thoughts she felt the presence of eight weak humans entering her territory.

 

Her cute eyes narrowed suddenly. 

 

Who could they be?

28