Chapter 169
184 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A/N:- Join Patreon with 363 chapters ahead!

The $2 Tier has Early Access till Chapter 352.

The $4 Tier has Early Access till Chapter 356.

The $8 Tier has Early Access till Chapter 363.

 

... 

"Someone from Freya's family came here? There's even an invitation card?"

Lita touched her chin, "Could it be that she's already broken through to the Crystal Phase?"

Leylin has asked Lita to have a good relationship with Freya, out of everyone Freya is the only female warlock Leylin gives a damn about. She has a particularly good attitude, excellent talent and a lovable disposition Leylin decided to shelter her family as disaster strikes the Ouroboros Clan. 

Lita relationship is also not bad with Freya so, she decided to take Ivy with her and see what is the case. With Leylin busy in his own stuff, it is her responsibility to take care of all the politics and relationship connections. Lita has the burden of accomplishing Leylin task with the most perfect and efficient of ways. This is also an opportunity to shape herself, Leylin subordinates job is to serve him and make his task easy, not the other way around so, if someone is incompetent they aren't needed. Only by constantly shaping yourself and advancing would you have the honor and privilege of accompanying him.

Lita is expected to achieve good results and accomplish the task, this is what all the investment so far has been about. 

Lita thought for a moment and sent down an order, "Inform the guest to meet me!"

Immediately, Timmy, who had been waiting, finally saw the well-known ravishing and extremely talented Lita in the Mahakaal Castle. Leylin has closed of all the areas and barred all entry inside the Magus Tower, leaving only a single experiment lab for Lita hence, Lita meet the guest here. 

A few maids come in serving some desserts and drinks before withdrawing.

Lita watched the reserved young man. He was obviously very young, but the purity of his bloodline is very good. This descendant of Freya's family was probably someone that they favoured. Sending him here was a show of how highly they valued Leylin.

"The Dylan City is truly as beautiful as the rumours states, it only a pity that I didn't have the good graces of experiencing Lord Leylin infamous Magus Tower!" Timmy felt pity and grievance from the bottom of his heart. Leylin's top-grade Magus Tower had a reputation of its own within the Ouroboros Clan. There were always guests coming over and gasping in awe over it.

After chatting for a while, Lita asked, "Timmy, what are your intentions in coming here?"

At the mention of his business, Timmy turned solemn, "I was asked by the head of the family to pass this invitation to my lord but knowing that Marquis is busy it would be my honor to invite Lady Lita!" As he said this, he respectfully passed an invitation card to Lita.

Usually, if it was something common, communication via secret imprints was enough. Getting someone to specifically send an invitation was only something that large noble families would do. Even then, it was only done when there was some celebration or important festival.

There was a sweet scent from the surface of the paper. After skimming through the content, Lita nodded. 'Freya has already advanced to the Crystal Phase as expected, I heard that she was able to get some good items in an excavation long ago and return with many injuries. Maybe she was able to get something rare to help her breakthrough or either facilitate a transaction.'

For high-ranked Magi, advancement was always very difficult. Each success definitely called for a celebration. 

Lita decided to go to the event, an invitation from nobility was extremely important. The other party had even especially sent someone over, and since Leylin couldn't attend if Lita refuses as well, the the Freya family would feel very uncomfortable.

After sending Timmy away, Lita decided to take care of some business. With Anna gone, all the management is on her shoulders. Lita choose to go to the celebration taking only Ivy with her. 

Lita has already prepared the full forces to be in a battle ready position. Cole and Roderick would be stationed in the Dylan City taking care of the region as Lita would dive right into the hot bloodied fight that is about to begin. 

According to the timeline, The three elders have all been deep in experiments on the astral plane, and it's not quite likely that they'll emerge.

The desire Kemoyin Warlocks had towards Purgatory was something outsiders were unable to comprehend.

Mere traces of the Snake Dowager was enough for all the Warlocks in the Ouroboros Clan to go crazy. After all, the restraints of their bloodlines could only be resolved with her.

In addition, the Purgatory World itself was a giant world. It held boundless riches and, compared to the surrounding worlds, it could be said to be a large-scaled world. If not, the Snake Dowager would not have chosen to move her community here. This resulted in many Magi going forth and exploring.

Since the three elders were now consumed in their research on the astral plane, this gave her the chance to take advantage of the situation.

... 

Fresh flowers filled the ground. This was Freya's family's territory.

As it was a noble family that had been passed down through generations, the range of their territory far exceeded that of Dylan City. 

Freya's castle was situated beside a snaking river, with a sea of flowers around it.

Diverse, splendid flower petals spilled all over the ground, one could even smell a fishy smell amidst the fragrance in the air.

The Ancient Blood Serpent Castle that Freya's family had inherited was not a mere place for commoners. This was a true ancient Magus castle.

After the great effort of bloodline Warlocks across countless generations, every inch of the land of the Ancient Blood Serpent Castle was completely soaked in the power of magic.

This created a very formidable defence that could defend against even Morning Star Magi for a period of time.

In the Ancient blood Serpent Castle were many phenomena that even their current leader, Freya, could not explain clearly.

A large number of carriages were parked at the plaza of the castle, and in the area were many magical creatures.

A large number of guests entered from the main gate, and the entire area seemed very lively. Greetings were thrown around audibly on occasion.

Lita also came in an extremely decorated carriage but she brought only Ivy with her. Ivy is wearing a fiery red dress with a shinning silver sword sheath wrapped around her slim waist. Her aura was cold and unforgiving and had a warrior like prestige around herself. Looking at this duo many were mesmerized because both of these women were extremely beautiful, especially Lita who was very famous as well. Her arrival immediately snatched all the attention. 

"Lady Lita, there you are!" After some disturbance at the gates, Freya who was dressed in glamorous attire, came forward to welcome Lita. Lita is a shinning talent of the clan and every family wants to have a good relationship with her. Her fiancee is Leylin another good talent, although to many his chances to breakthrough to Morning Star is very low due to tainted bloodline but Leylin still stands at the peak of the clan excluding the Elder Association. He is powerful, capable, talented in potionerring and a disciple of an elder. 

No one wants to offend Leylin for no reason, of course if Lita decides to join their families they would gladly do so. But it is abundantly clear that she has no such intentions. 

"It's a pity that Leylin couldn't attend but I'm very happy that you're here today. I hope to be able to meet you privately after the banquet, and discuss some matters regarding elders." She lightly whispered into Lita's ears, before going to entertain other guests.

She was the main lead of the event today, and there were many distinguished high-ranked Warlocks who had made their way here. Naturally, she could not only accompany Lita.

"You seem to not like the party Ivy." Lita said in a teasing voice, after being together for such a long time all of them has become close to each other. Lita knows that although Ivy appears to be cold and indifferent, she is still very good of character and extremely loyal. 

Ivy looked at Lita teasing expression and didn't respond, giving her no pleasure whatsoever. 

Banquets like those between the elites were relatively boring. Many bloodline elites liked to flatter each other and flaunt their wealth, and eventually get themselves drunk.

Many good looking males and females would even cuddle on the stage, and then leave the banquet together and enter designated cubicles. According to rumours, the cubicles had relatively good soundproofing functions and even if the world were to crumble, the voices within would not be transmitted to the areas outside. The people in the cubicle were therefore free to do whatever they wanted without any worries.

Lita enjoyed the delicacies, talking with Ivy teasing her more and eventually meeting various other influential warlock like Robin. No one actually dared to come flirt with her because they could feel unveiled bloodlust oozing from Ivy everytime someone came close with ulterior motives. They were a bit offended but Ivy had Lita's full support and some people also heard rumours about several people working under Leylin with unusual strength and also Leylin biased for his own. This is one of the main reason for heat against Leylin. 

This was a celebration meant for just the high-ranked nobility. For the low-ranked Warlocks or peasants, they would get to rest for a weekend. Freya's clan would even provide white bread and rum free of charge.

From the looks of it, such an auspicious occasion had not occurred in her family for a very long time, hence the need for a large celebration.

Lita did not bother with all of that. After the banquet had ended, under a maid's guidance, she entered the depths of the Ancient Blood Serpent Castle.

The materials that made up the castle had since experienced many changes due to it receiving the radiation from the many Magi that had lived there.

The walls were coloured a crimson that resembled that of human muscle, and even possessed the same elasticity.

The floor was covered with a red carpet, and large mouths emerged from time to time, swallowing the trash in one gulp before licking their lips, as if after a tasty treat.

There was not a single ordinary human in the castle. With the exception of the low-ranked Warlock maids who were leading Lita, the majority were slaves of other races.

Lita soon met with Freya as she conversed with Lita about the elders action. Freya also presented several spiritual crystal with removed markings to help improve the relationship between the two families. Freya obviously still held some expectations regards Leylin and there is also Lita who is worth befriending. Lita understood her intent and although Leylin doesn't need these Crystals Lita accepted them for herself. 

Lita then took Ivy with her and returned but were attacked mid way. This attack isn't unpredictable, in fact it was something which Lita ordered, she asked the Oakheart Clan to send some bounty magus on her way. 

Reason being, her powers demonstration and true strength revealing. Lita needed higher position to get higher benefits so she created this plan. She killed everyone of her aggressor in front of the reinforcement of the Freya Family and exposed her Crystal Phase strength. 

The highest authority in the Ouroboros Clan belonged to the three Morning Star Warlock elders, followed by a whole bunch of bloodline Marquises among whom the ownership was split.

But above these ordinary bloodline Marquises were actually a special group of people!

They were young Warlocks— children who had already achieved the Crystal Phase and had hopes of advancing to the Morning Star realm! Such people were few and far between in the entire Ouroboros Clan. Their status was only lower than that of the few rank 4 Warlocks, and they were provided with the best resources, aiming for nothing less than advancing to Morning Star.

Now that Lita had shown that her potential was not inferior to those, exceeding it in fact, she would definitely receive more attention from Duke Gilbert!

This is all for one thing, the authority and opportunity to sharpen her strength. 

Everything went according to plan and an order from the headquarters, was issued which was that Lita is to become an enforcer of the Ouroboros Clan, and will be in charge of patrolling all the regions under control! She received powers to attack any royals under the rank of Marquis. Even if it's a Marquis, she has the rights to imprison them!

Although her unrelenting action could potentially hurt the benefits of various families and become a public enemy she didn't care. 

Lita collected her team of elites warlock lead by Parker along with Ivy and dived into a series of constant fights and eradication. This action was also needed to clear out various families vault and their library. Plundering is an extremely profitable action given that one has the ability to storm through the revenge that may follow but regarding this Lita had no worries. 

There were various information hidden in the archives of these families, especially the Ancient ones. Who knows what wonders is hidden there, maybe something like how Robin family had data about Gluttony imprint. Lita searched high and low and did all she could to rip these value information out. As soon as she got something that is maybe useful she send it to the stationed team in the Dylan City to investigate and acquire all the benefits. 

With the strength of Cole and Roderick, they explored various good treasures and old scripture which was added into the database of A. I. Chip. Information is information, one shouldn't underestimate it, Leylin would rather have something and not use it than, wanting it and having nothing. 

These exploring and plunder was extremely good for Lancy too, who got many rare things to help her subsequent breakthrough. 

The most excited was Ivy as she got the chance to release her true strength and chew her enemies inside out. Her innate Beast is the Three Headed Cerberus, which has extremely high bloodlust and fighting capabilities with ability to use three elements and coupled with the analysis and simulation of A. I. Chip, Ivy could be considered to be a half-magus. She is also extremely well versed in sword arts, ivy was able to release the outcome of a hundred years of training on her enemies, and although she isn't very strong only around the level of peak Vapour phase Warlock, her lethal attacks are extremely horrific and even some warlock under Lita were in awe of her ability. 

Everything was going according to plan as Lita waited for the fateful day. On the outside, the Oakheart clan has surrounded the Dylan City and the whole place was in chaos which is obviously a front since, Leylin smuggled more of them inside to speed up the work of the new Magus Tower construction. 

On the surface, Lita was without able to return to her territory and was waiting for information from the Clan. 

Finally the confirmation she was waiting for arrived in the form of a connection from Freya as she explained they can't make contact with Mentor or the other two elders meaning the elders are gone. 

"The time has come, Leylin has been waiting for me to take care of the situation here for sometime, so that he can explore the continent, and now the final moments are here. Ouroboros Clan, now you belong to Leylin. The headquarters and all the resources inside would be a good gift for Leylin." 

The chaos in the Ouroboros Clan was like a stone thrown into the peaceful lake that was the central continent, setting off ripples everywhere.

Due to the mutual deterrence of Morning Star Magi, such a large-scale war was rare.

The information about the current state of the Ouroboros Clan spread throughout the entire central continent like wildfire. Many spies, investigators, and idle Magi rushed towards Phosphorescence Swamp.

All high-ranking Warlocks were summoned to the headquarters but neither Leylin nor Lita went there personally but a team was assigned to take care of the situation and responsibility on the Farlier Family. The used the pretense of being under pressure and attack to dodge the responsibilities. 

"Storm clouds are brewing!"

.... 

4