The Early Years – Chapter 12
3.8k 32 102
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Refrigerators were invented as early as 1913, and freezers were introduced in the 1940s.

 

Rex was standing in a succubus house that was abandoned. Kira had been becoming more influential with the completion of phase 1 of the plan. Phase 1 was to attack the elves' economy, but as a bonus, Ivangor was caught as well. Previously Kira had been mostly acting using her mother's influence, but that was changing quickly.

 

“They will probably hail her the one true queen once we finish, this will be before she is even an adult...” Rex was mumbling to himself.

 

He was currently attaching some ducting around a hole in the wall. The other side of the hole was attached to a machine, but all that could be seen was a metal grate.

 

“I am a genius, I made an engine, and cooling unit in one. The blades on the fan wheel are enchanted. This thing should blast out frigid air and then I can turn the whole house into a freezer.” Rex's eyes brightened at this idea.

 

Checking his work he found some slight mistakes in the seal in the wall.

 

“It looks good Kira, add the fuel!” Rex yelled into the grate.

 

Rex stood in front of it expectantly and began hearing the engine turning. The engine was a ring-shaped outer casing, that housed a rotor with really powerful magnets. He used 6 enchanted rings, that just created a rotating magnetic field. The field would spin the magnets on the crankshaft, as they were attached.

 

The engine had a fair amount of torque and was able to get the fan spinning quickly. The fan was just a drum with blades attached. The rotation of the drum would suck in air from the top of the grate, cool it using the fan blades, then released the cold air from the bottom

 

The machine took less than 30 seconds to reach its full speed. Rex saw a problem though, as he stood right in front of it. There was a blank look on his face, and it was clear he was disappointed.

 

“This sucks.” He said flatly.

 

Currently, he was being pelted with snow. It was flying out of the grate and hitting him in the face.

 

“It's fine, it is just freezing off the humidity. If I just seal the door for a while it will all freeze up before long.” Rex muttered to himself.

 

Looking over it one more time he nodded to himself.

 

“Alright Kira, it is fine!” He yelled through the machine.

 

Rex walked to the door and pushed it open. He walked into the island's humid heat and pulled the door closed behind him. It was supposed to start storming today. Turning around he saw Kira skip off the roof, flapping her wing once to disperse the fall, and landed gracefully.

 

Rex was finally the same height as the little girl. This had been something to bring him some pride. Until Kira flexed her little arm and smiled at him proudly.

 

“I got the motor you made onto the roof. It was too heavy to fly, so I had to make a ladder.” Kira reported to him.

 

The idea of the little girl carrying a clay box as heavy as her up a ladder crossed his mind.

 

But she did it all so easily!

 

She trained two hours every morning and after abandoning the ax, Rex had no idea what she did to train.

 

“Oh, have the beastmen and elves started fighting?” Rex asked.

 

-

Beastmen Plains, Border of the Elven Lands

 

A beastmen wearing a rough chain mail armor stood as the leader. With the head of a rhino and over 8 feet tall, he was a behemoth. It was questionable if the chain mail was necessary on his thick leather skin. He was standing on a large prairie that formed on the waters outside the elven lands. Right now he looked shocked and terrified.

 

In front of him stood an elf. Under the elf's feet was the officer that had just been reporting to him. The officer was turned into metal shards and pulp under the elf's feet. The elf's legs were thicker than the usual elves and had large muscles under his leather trousers. The Leather was thick and slightly baggy and reinforced with thick dyed leather strips. They came from many high-level magical beasts. The entire thing was riveted together. Simple moccasins were worn for shoes with thin socks. 

 

His vest looked like a basket woven from these strips and reinforced with steel rivets where the leather crossed. His bread threatened to reach his beltline but was bound in a golden chain. This chain snaked around his right ear and bound his topknot. His right eye was glass and surrounded by scar tissue. A deep scowl was set into his face, and his right arm was elbow deep in the rhino's chest.

 

They had heard what sounded like a monkeyman roar from the sky. Then this elf had come down and smashed his commander under his feet. The elf's legs hadn't even buckled under the impact. His eye never left the rhino even as he was falling. A whitelisting noise was heard as the elf merely moved his arm. A sick crunch was heard, and he felt no pain, his chest just felt fuller.

 

“You dare stand in this king's way! To the leather factory with you!” Ivangor roared.

 

He pulled his right arm back slightly out his chest, he then reached in with his left hand. Casually pulling, the beastman was ripped into two pieces. These pieces were launched by the force, killing several of the surrounding beastmen.

 

Crack!

 

The king had reached up with a blood-soaked hand and used it to crack his neck. The bloody palm mark on the side of his neck only added to the intimidation. Reaching down causally, he grabbed the crushed commander's mace in his right hand and a rock in his left. All of the beastmen were staring at this mad elf in horror. His breathing was getting slightly more excited, and a tent was beginning to form at the front of his pants.

 

Coming into view on the waters were many elven log boats. They were paddling furiously towards the shore. They had been partway across the waters when their king just stood up. He was sniffing furiously, then his knees bent slightly. After that, the boat under him exploded, and he disappeared. If not from the force dispersing the fog, they wouldn't have known where he went.

 

They paddled as quickly as they could, after rescuing their sinking comrades. Quickly approaching shore to the sounds of desperate screaming and roaring. As the boats landed and the soldiers in heavy armor sprang out, one ran to the forefront. They ran rapidly holding a pillow with a glass crown. Their king had used the one on his head to change his velocity in mid-flight by throwing it in the opposite direction he wanted to fly. The reactionary force had canceled out his jump, allowing him to fall.

 

The elf ran over the blood-soaked and empty battlefield. Kneeling before the gore-stained king, they reverently presented the crown.

 

Ivangor stood covered in blood and gore. Just starring at the sky with a sad look on his face.

 

“My children were all born from battles like this. The battles were all too short, and I can't get it up any other way.” Ivangor said in lament. “I should have brought one of my wives if it was going to start like this, I think I needed to replace another son.”

 

Not a single elf in his guard reacted to this comment. Laughing at Ivangor was the same as challenging him, and he had no qualms with twisting them apart in his hands. Their job was to desperately follow and carry back his spoils.

 

He took the beautiful glass crown with a bloodstained hand. Caking it in filth with his actions and placing it right on his head.

 

“I need to pay back the beast's transgressions, they have forgotten to fear this king!” Ivangor stated as he stared in the direction of the nearest beastmen city.

 

-

Succubus Homeland, Rex and Kira's house

 

The rain and lightning had kept Kira and Rex inside. In front of the two children was a checkerboard, using white paper with black graphite. Using Kira's monster figurines they were playing a game of chess. They had been playing checkers and chess, for the last day.

 

Using all of the fat they had, they made all of it into soap. This was for the glycerin it produced. The freezer had enough fuel to run for a month in the tank and the two were just waiting till it stopped raining. They both would have worked before in it, but they had both gotten a bit lazy.

 

“Check.” Kira announced.

 

She is such an aggressive player!

 

Using his rook he was able to buy some time for his king. Kira's tail excitedly shot out and moved her rook to check his king, her tail then began lightly tapping the table in excitement.

 

“Check!” Kira announced.

 

Looking closely at the state of the table, most of his remaining pieces were tied up. Moving his king would save it, but then he would lose his rook. The more he analyzed the table it only showed he was about to lose.

 

“You got me, Kira...” Rex conceded.

 

The little girl fought not to smile keeping her stoic expression, but her head raised slightly. Her little horns were now pointing straight up, as the little girl gloated silently. Rex sighed as he reached forward, giving her head a few pats.

 

CraaaBang!

 

They could hear something crack then erupt. It was very loud amid the sound of the rain.

 

“Kira, let's go check it out!” Rex said as he stood quickly.

 

Kira stood up following him, grabbing a burlap robe. She pushed this onto Rex's frame and forced him to wear it.

 

Looking at the girl who was wearing a short tube top and short shorts, Rex felt conflicted inside. She seemed to hate the cold more than he did, but she just didn't get sick. Illness was something no succubus has ever had.

 

“As a succubus, I am much stronger than you.” She stated proudly as she took up her ax.

 

Rex sighed as he knew arguing was pointless, she had truly selective hearing when she wanted to. On the nightstand next to her side of the bed, was the ugly black pot he made. Rex wasn't allowed to touch it, she would whip his hands with her tail. It was an embarrassment he woke up to every morning. They shared a giant stone slab covered in stone, Kira insisted they had to share it every night. She said a wife's duty was to sleep with her husband. Fortunately, that was all she had heard and didn't know what came after.

 

“I'm so glad you spend less time with the sisters.” Rex mumbled.

 

Walking outside the two were instantly shocked by what they saw.

 

“Why is snow falling with the rain?” Rex was stunned.

 

Kira on the other hand was fascinated by what she was seeing. She had never seen snow before, and it was lazily floating around. Reaching out and grabbing a piece she watched closely as it melted.

 

Rex's eyes were following the ground, he could see snow that looked freshly disturbed. Following the path of the snow on the ground, he saw it lead to his freezer home.

 

“Where did it go, why is it just a giant pile of snow there now?!” Rex exclaimed.

 

There was a large pile of snow with some rubble in it, a pillar of snow was being shot into the air and floating down. He was completely overcome with shock. Suddenly he saw nothing but white and his face felt cold.

 

Wiping the snow off his face he looked over and saw Kira with a proud look on her face. She looked just like she did when she won the game of chess. Rex furiously grabbed some snow, tossing it back at the little girl.

 

Her tailed whipped and flashed, smashing the snowball back to powder. This action only caused her to raise her little head higher. Looking around he saw the other succubi had already come outside and were also throwing snow at each other.

 

Looking back at the little girl in dread, he saw her tail dig into the snow-filled ground, acting like a shovel and slowly lifting a pile of snow into the little girl's outstretched hand. She looked at Rex as if she had been given a mission.

 

Oh No!

 

-

Savage City, Fourpaw's Throne room

 

“OOOHHH NNNOOO!” A scream was heard.

 

A wooden pillar whistled through the air, almost pinning the Hyena beastman into the wall. He had dropped to all fours when he felt a sense of danger and felt the wood as it scrapped past the top of his head. He was just finishing his dinner when a subordinate came to report that the madman Ivangor was attacking the city.

 

The hyena heard a scream before the report could be finished, then the subordinate talking had exploded. Another beastman who was guarding the room had been thrown violently into the reporting beastman, turning both of them into a paste. There was an elf standing by a hole where he had grabbed a support pillar, ripping the wooden pillar right out of the ground, and threw it at the beast king.

 

The elf stood stoically with a scowl on his face. His topknot waving in the breeze, behind him was a hole in the sandstone wall. If you followed this hole you could see a path that leads back to the wall of the city. It was a straight line of destruction with no deviation, even going right through buildings.

 

“Why the fuck are you here!” The Hyenaman screamed.

 

Ivangor stood on the spot, saying nothing as the remaining guard charged forward to surround him. They were in various sizes and shapes, all donning shiny metal armor with spears and other large weapons. The leader was an elephant with large tusks wielding a giant hammer. He raised it over his head and violently swung it down towards Ivangor's blank face.

 

The hammer shattered the glass crown on his head, then stopped with a dull thunk. Ivangar stood unmoved, his topknot deformed under the hammerhead.

 

“You dare touch this King's glorious hair? Fuck off!” Ivangor said as he kicked forward.

 

A crashing noise was heard as his foot met the thick iron plate on his chest. The plate armor was like water under the elf's foot as it caved easily. The elephantman seemed to disappear when the foot met his chest fully, then they heard a loud explosion as the wall on the opposite side exploded. A line of gore was all the remained of those who were behind the elephantman.

 

Ivangor stood motionlessly, his leg still raised. As his leg returned slowly to the ground to join the other the beastmen couldn't help watching the topknot fought as it lifted its chain, returning to position. The guards were all standing holding their shaking weapons, a couple had even pissed themselves.

 

Standing up the Hyena man kicked over the table of gore he was eating at.

 

“Kill Him!” The hyena roared to the guards.

 

The guards lunged forwards and various blades launched towards the elf's body. Like a reed in the wind, he barely shifted, as the weapons passed him. He began stepping forward as if on a casual walk as he avoided them. He began using the weapons that missed as stairs as he seemed to casually ascend like a war god out for a stroll.

 

The guards and the hyena beastman all stared in stark horror, as they saw Ivangor standing from shoulder height, atop a spear shaft. He was looking down with disdain at the guards from above. He stepped forward and brought his foot down on the spear-holding beastman. The beastman's armored head was driven into his torso, as Ivangor stepped on the top of his head and seemed to gracefully float from the middle of them.

 

His eyes never left them as his legs lightly dropped down coiling under him. Ivangor bust forward lightly, turning his legs toward the guards as he turned in the air vertically. Both of his legs shot forward like cannons and hit the dead body in front of him. The body was launched into the rest of the guards, tearing through them like a giant cannonball.

 

Ivangor was also sent lightly flying from the guards, he reached towards the ground under him causally, and performed a spinning cartwheel, landing gracefully on his feet.

 

Ivangor was starring down the Hyenaman calmly, some of the hyena's wives were backed against the walls. Tales were rampant about this psychotic elf, as a child it was said the doctor gave him a spanking after he was born. It was rumored this baby tore off the doctor's arm and shoved it up the poor elf's ass. He was never bullied in school as he ripped them apart with his bare hands, and even his parents were like reeds before him.

 

“I followed the tracks, you killed someone I could have considered a friend.” Ivangor stated flatly as he looked at the Hyena with some rare hate.

 

“As you are a beast king I will give you a chance. If you come with me and apologize before his grave, this King will only crush most of your body.” Ivangor stated this solemnly as if presenting some great compassion.

 

The Hyena looked appalled, he wanted to scream. Who the fuck would pick a fight with a psychopath like you?! Countless beastmen had died at this crazy elf's hands over the years. He would start wars just because he claimed they helped him relax.

 

“I have no idea what you are talking about!” The Hyena man roared out angrily.

 

“If you won't admit it then this King can only kill you painlessly!” Ivangor declared righteously.

 

Ivangor seemed to duck down lightly before springing forward into the air. He was front flipping rapidly towards the Hyena man. The Hyena instantly felt a sense of death approaching and reached over grabbing one of his wives next to him. Ivangor straightened out right above the Hyena man with one leg pointed straight in the air. He seemed to be standing in the air with it raised like an executioner's ax.

 

The Hyena pulled quickly using the force to trade places with the poor beastwoman. She didn't have time to react before Ivangors leg seemed to just disappear. The woman felt nothing as she was instantly vaporized in her rags. A deafening boom rang out, as a pit was dug straight down. Ivangor crouched before the pit his one leg extended towards the center of it, and the leather lightly smoked on his leg from the friction.

 

Cracks were spider webbing across the floor the point of impact, they were starting to crawl up the walls. Ivangor used his one crouched leg to stand casually.

 

“This King missed, let this King go ahead and try again.” He stated with no change to his face.

 

The Hyena man looked in horror at the elf. He had begun hearing fighting outside of his palace and assumed the elf's guards had finally arrived.

 

What brought this calamity here?!

 

-

Succubus Homeland, Rex and Kira's house

 

Rex was watching Kira with a happy look on his face through a glass window. She was standing naked in front of a table. Two large bulbs stood proudly before her chest.

 

“That is some beautiful glass.” Rex commented.

 

One of the glass bulbs contained salt and sodium bisulfate, it was being heated up and releasing gas. The gas went into a tube into a second bulb that was in an ice bath.

 

Rex's hand had been moving slowly as he watched all of this. They had run this reaction so many times already but his hand continued to move steadily.

 

“Can I put my clothes back on now, I'm starting to get cold.” Kira complained.

 

Rex watched as the fluid continued to condense in the second bulb, the smile on his face growing. He looked down at his hand that was firmly grasping onto his stirring rob. He was stirring a pot with a light yellow liquid that was viscous

.

 

“No, Kira, all that gas escaping is Hydrochloric acid, if you take your clothes into there they will just melt.” Rex told her lovingly, she was currently doing something he could never do.

 

Looking back at the fluid before him he couldn't help but laugh.

 

“This is one of my favorite chemicals ever!” Rex announced.

 

One of the sisters sat to the side watching, the two kids had borrowed her house. She looked at Rex who was laughing like a maniac as he continued to stir the pot. The pot was half the size he was and was filled with that liquid.

 

“What is that foul-smelling stuff?” The succubus couldn't help asking, she didn't know why he would get so excited over something he couldn't eat.

 

Rex looked at the succubus in disdain. He reached into his pocket and pulled out a piece of paper, lightly balling it up and dipping it in the mixture. He held it over the fluid low careful to avoid any drips. He then casually tossed the paper to the ground. It hit the ground and did nothing, sitting calmly in place before a light breeze rolled by picking it up.

 

It rolled quickly across the ground as it picked up speed. Rex inhaled sharply as he watched it go on its path, finally stopping as it slapped against the wall of a succubi house. A loud sound was heard as a boom erupted, and a cinder block-sized hole was made in the house of the succubus.

 

Rex's heart raised into his throat as he watched cracks spreading across the wall before it crumbled down. He looked in dread as he could see Kera looking through the wall with a shocked look before the building began falling on top of her. Rex knew she would be fine, but she was going to be pissed.

 

Why did I crumple it up first?! Of course, it was going to be able to carry way more Nitroglycerin that way!

 

If that paper had detonated right in front of him like that, he might of set off the entire pot of Nitroglycerin.

 

The succubus who watched this scene looked at the pot in horror, as she realized she was only 10 feet from this thing. Then saw the second identical pot of completed product next to Rex's legs. He smiled at her gloatingly as he continued to stir, seeing Kera crawling out of the ruins of her home and staring at Rex hatefully, she came to a decision.

 

RUN!

 

-

Beastmen Plains, Downstream of Savage City

 

The Hyena man crawled out of the river and coughed up lungfuls of foul-smelling water. He began hitting the ground angrily, behind him were the flaming ruins of his city. To get away from Ivangor he had dived headfirst into sewers, then swam to the river. He was shocked to realize Ivangor couldn't swim and counted his blessings.

 

He was the newest of the 12 beast kings and the weakest individually, but he possessed the largest clan. His jaw strength was incredible and he had always considered himself one of the cruelest and craftiest.

 

“You stupid fucking tree rat! When I get to Fang city I will immediately organize a raid to burn down all your forests!” The Hyena man roared angrily as his eyes turned bloodshot.

 

“You chased me through my whole fucking city! I ate shit because of you! I” LL GET YOU BACK, YOU BASTARD!” The hyena roared as he stood but was soon stopped as he heard something.

 

It sounded like a rapid pitter-patter sound and seemed to be getting closer. Looking back at the river he saw something shocking. The elf king was on top of the river water, running rapidly right towards the hyena. It was like the river was his private road as he went over it barefoot. In his right hand were his leather moccasins, and his socks hung dry over his shoulder.

 

“I didn't feel like getting shit on my shoes... but thanks to your yelling, I quickly found you.” Ivangor reported as he continued to run on the waves. “Now, come! Accept this King's foot!”

 

The Hyena's heart sank in his chest as he felt a cold sweat under his fur.

 

Why the fuck is this happening to me?!

102