Chapter 1: Welcome to Earth
217 1 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Earth was a place where mana does not exist. However earth has something called nature energy and supernatural energy.

Two conflicting energy that exist and covered every inch of earth. Nature energy is more abundant on earth thus making it more stable. Nature energy consist of the four main elements. Fire, water, air and earth. But other branches of nature energy do exist just extremely rare and incredibly powerful if a human magi could somehow harness it.

Then there's supernatural energy. It is almost treated like a curse as any human attuned to its frequency will change and will be bestowed powerful body and gifts. Supernatural energy is not as abundant or as stable as nature energy but it is more powerful but also carries an inherent weakness.

Vampires were humans once, but when they accepted the supernatural energy into their body and it changed them into powerful blood thirsty monsters.

There was a war between the nature magi's and the supernatural beings. But that war ended a hundred years ago due to the sudden emergence of anomalies that started appearing on earth.

Anomalies that took the form of dungeons amongst other things. Dungeons acts as a monster factory and churns them out by the hundreds or more if it's not destroyed on time. While other forms of anomalies can manifest in objects granting that object with destructive abilities. Or an anomaly can manifest in a city, creating all sort of bizarre manifestation in that area.

The two forces worked hard on suppressing the anomalies from disturbing the normal humans who are ignorant of the true nature of the world.

***

In the outskirts of a small town in England nearby a town called Barnsley. Two groups of fifty people stood facing each other. One group was wearing a white uniform with different silver badges attached to their pristine blazer. The form of each badges correspond to a symbol of an element.

They were the nature magi's that protected this land. 

Opposite to them wearing black apparels were the supernatural beings. They too wore silver badges that shows what kind of being they were.

"Fancy meeting you unnatural scums here." Grinned Jackson.

"Well the higher ups know that you nature magi's wouldn't be able to get the job done." Laughed Bastian haughtily.

"Well, see about that Bastian. I've been hearing a lot about you. You're the newly appointed division leader who was recently promoted after destroying a dungeon full vampire bats by yourself. You're supernatural aspect is that of the wolf." Said Jackson.

"I could say the same thing about you, Jackson. You're also a new upcoming division leader. A nature mage that holds the power of the wind. You single handedly destroyed a dungeon of lava monsters." Replied Bastian.

"To be honest I'm not really all that impress." Spat Jackson.

"Funny, I was just about to say the same thing." Growled Sebastian. 

The two respective leaders of the group stood in silent a few paces away from each other. Each one looking up at the night sky. 

"What kind of anomaly do you think we're facing." Asked Jackson. Staring at the device in his hand that showed him that the magical energies in the area. It was growing rapidly and was in a constant state of frenzy.

A similar phenomenon when an anomaly would occur is happening right now, except this one was in a much grander scale.

"Shouldn't be something good. They have us two here as well as many group of people just in case whatever that's coming proves to be a grave threat. I think the Head quarter is using us to test this thing." Surmised Bastian.

"Maybe so but we'll try to solve it now before it affects the people that lives around here. My people have already set up a spatial barrier so the normal people don't accidentally get caught up or wander in."

"My people are already ready for combat. As soon as this thing appear, we're going to rip it apart before it can ever have a chance of saying hello. Anyway get ready I have a feeling that's it's coming any minute now." Warned Bastian as he took a combat stance and barked a few commands towards to his subordinates.

Jackson's team also began to get into a formation. The readings on the energy device were fluctuating haphazardly. There was a disturbance of energy as something was gradually forming in the sky.

Both teams stood side by side each other watching the sky intensely. Cracks appeared and an unknown type of energy  started spewing out randomly out of the cracks. The unknown type of energy devastated the energy device that both teams were holding, causing it to short circuit and some even blew up.

"It's coming." Warned Bastian who transformed into a 8 ft werewolf. Grey fur covered every inch of his body. His uniform ripped to shreds by the sudden transformation, the only thing remaining was just a little bit of his pants that covered his dangly bits.

"I know. We're going to bombard it with spells first and if it survived then your team will follow up immediately." Replied Jackson.

He conjured a weapon he found in the dungeon. The head quarter classify this weapons as anomalous objects. Jackson named this weapon wind scythe as it has the shame shape as a scythe and it also bolsters his wind powers.

"Division 3 get your attacks ready!" Jackson called out.

With the wind scythe in his hand, he began charging the weapon with wind energy causing the scythe to vibrate.

A humanoid shape figure flew out of the big massive crack in the sky. 

"NOW!" Screamed Jackson.

At his command various elemental attacks began to soar out respectively from the nature magi's. Wind, earth, water and fire blasting together that look similar to fireworks.

The attack hit the humanoid figure straight on. It caused a massive explosion due to the volatile elemental energy mixing together. 

"Did we get it?" Whispered Jackson.

"I can still smell it." Growled Bastian as he prepared to pounce forward, nails extending out his fingers of looking similar to knives.

The cracks in the sky have now disappeared and laying at the centre of the explosion was a boy that looks to be only about twenty years old. His skin had the same colour as caramel, smooth and unblemished. He had silver hair, a soft oval face and he looked to be only around 5ft 8 in height.

He laid there completely still. He was wearing a simple brown robe. Underneath it were simple white shirt and black trousers and leather shoes. Jackson and Bastian move cautiously along with their respective teammates.

"My god. How is this even possible. It looked like our attacks did not even do anything. There's not even a scratch on him." Observed Jackson. Flabbergasted by what he was seeing.

"He doesn't seem to be conscious. What should we do?" Asked Bastian.

"Lets inform headquarters and they can decided." Said Jackson. Bastian nodded but still kept his guard up.

***

"Are you sure this is a good idea Elana?" Asked Jackson. He looked towards the mysterious being that suddenly appeared out of the spatial crack. The boy was now bound and chained up with special chains and cuffs that cuts ones ability to manipulate energy of any sort.

"Well, this is the first time that a humanoid anomaly has appeared and the headquarters wants to see if we can communicate with it." Elana shrugged as she loaded the silver haired boy into its designated transportation.

The seemingly unassuming black sleek van was fitted with a bunch of reinforcement spells and was built using a very rare metal called Luminium, apart from its toughness, luminium can absorb any kind of damage from any source.

The unconscious anomaly was hurtling down towards the secret base of the magi's  and supernatural beings. They call the headquarters Beacon and Hope.

Please support me on kofi and PayPal if you like the story

8