Start up: As a gecko in the poor singer’s room[1]
51 1 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Li Jie can't remember much about his childhood or his family, for all that he knows his family are immigrants from China, his name is a given from the beginning. Right now his name has been changed a bit to fit this country but he can only remember Li Jie, he can't be bother with the rest of it. From long ago his parents already passed away, what left for him is this name and his small shabby apartment. Throughout his life he has always been alone, part because of his heritage, part because of his own situation. So he clung on to what supposed to be a happier time with great strength, if he lost either of those he'd certainly lose what's left of him.

Li Jie right now just graduated from highschool, in the blend of caucasian children, he stood out like a sore thumb, he making it through highschool is actually a big deal. It's not that he is bullied, but the isolation left a big gaping wound. For a child who has to live alone and be independent at an early age, the fact that he could not lean on someone make his personality a timid, for certain he had developed some type of resistance to everyone. So really, he has done a good job graduated highschool.

But maybe that's about it, he doesn't have enough money to get into college, even if his records are all straight A. It's not that he really doesn't wish for more but he is not outstanding enough for a scholarship, those has already been snatched away by more unfortunate children or those with backing. In the end, he just gave up on going, instead finding a stable job and have his own saving is more appealing. For him right now, he just want to be able to sing, the technologies are pretty advanced and if possible, he wish one day his online presence is strong enough for his voice to reach all. With a streaming schedule at 7pm everyday minus the days when he have to work, his popularity raising at a steady pace, making him a bit hopeful.

The weather slowly shifting to summer provide a lot of opportunities for earning money, yet this time Li Jie is not really in much of a hurry. He's slowly changing into online works so that he could be more comfortable and beside, his contious works from early years is enough for a short rest. He also still need to wait until he reach 18 for a better chance at work, who told him to be born in November? For now, he's having something to keep himself busy with. Thinking to here his footstep can't help quicken, a smile bloom on his face.

Its almost a childish thing he keeps doing but before bed, he'd wish for some companion, a kind one, someone who he could protect. It's ironic how shabby he's living, yet his biggest wish is to protect someone, maybe because himself always look so feeble that he wish for an excuse to become someone strong. Li Jie never really expected that his wish would come true, only in a very very weird way.

About 2 weeks ago when he was wishing, he has been really down at that time, almost crying. Yet he got disrupted with a loud 'Thud'  and a small gecko lands infront of him, cutting his gloomy mood short. Although uncommon, geckos are not really rare here, at first the thought that his apartment went down a level again linger but as long as bugs are kept out then it's fine, this small one will leave sooner or later anyway. But the silly face of the small lizard staring at him unexpectedly brought him laughter. Maybe it's self-deprecating how he could laugh in this type of situation but he's still a lot happier than before. He even thought it wouldn't be bad if a gecko move in with him, although it's just a small amusing thought.

But soon he noticed that his new roommate is not like the others. His gecko has a light brown color but its eyes were brow not black, almost as unsual as him in this town. But it's not special just because of that. For starter, the gecko never dodge him, it even take initiative to approach him, letting him touch the smooth and cool skin. It always shows up somewhere near him but always cleverly avoid getting crushed by any object. And lastly, always when he gets back into his apartment, this fellow stick on his left wall like it's waiting for him, then it will follow him around the house until bed time, where it'd sleep on the small table next to his bed, then repeat the next day. It made him happy, especially when his gecko seemingly enjoying his cheap guitar performance, sometime even showing a smile(?). It's an amusing thing to see such a creature react in such way so he ended up living with it, a gecko doesn't eat much so he doesn't mind sharing, beside with this size he undoubtedly will be the protecter for his roommate. With a new routine and a joke about his wish came true, his life ended up a bit less lonely.

-----

Tang want to express that is he really with a supernatural existence system or a zoo system?? Why does he keeps becoming animals?? Eventhough the lesson from the tutorial has given him a lot of respect for his system, he still can't help cursing out about his situation. In a way this type of body is more than exciting, but right now he's a transmigrator, it's not easy to do any task in these type of body, not to mention if he want to do research then he can just buy items and try it when he's in his own space, what's the point of doing lab work while he's trying to experimenting with the supernatural aspect?!? Tang has not realized that the time spending with the system has turned him from a mad scientist to a workaholic in general, devoting himself to his current tasks 100%.

His target in this world is Li Jie, even with a pitiful past he will soon be discovered and signed under a major company. With his talent undoubtedly his life will go up and his dreams will soon full bloom! Haha as if, life is just digging a big pit for this poor child. Li Jie is a very beautiful youth and possess a pretty voice, but in the entertainment industry stories, the type like him is only used for pitiful canon folders. There's no surprise when his life took a swift left turn and crash into a wall. In the original script, he'd soon fall under the hand of a very disgusting rich guy and his manager will sells him out for resources. In the end he was force and blackmailed, then was blackend by the rich guy favorite actor, ended up dying because of stalker fans attack. Li Jie role in this story is an example of the rich villian wicked ways, serves as the case for the protagonist to imprison and clean up all the corrupt ends, he just show up as an example of the bad and its consequences, although the trial was held and the internet mourn, the death won't be back. So that's why Tang is now here.

From what he could tell, it's best for Li Jie to never sign under the distorted company and continue his online career. Also he'd need to pay attention to the movement of the villian more tightly. From what he understood, this world logic is much tighter and fate can't be skipped, Li Jie and that villian has been tied together, but as long as he guard carefully then the pig can only look but powerless to touch his cabbage. Then at the right time, he could replace Li Jie and speak up, tying the loose end for the protagonist and earn extra points. With his upgraded account, he doesn't think he can't do it.

But learning from mistake, he has gotten much more careful, always remember that he got a system and a store ready on hand. Now he needs to buy the transformation skill as soon as possible and help Li Jie learn some self defense. His luck buff would soon turn into active helping instead, he need to be ready.

~~~~~

Author's note:

System brother not showing up this time waaa....But he will soon poke his head out again (・ω・)

I will put a warning for heavy chapters later on. As I said, the story will get serious now, I'm not playing around brainlessly anymore. I will only...

Brainless abuse characters la~~

Don't worry nothing will happen to the jade bodies of these targets. Rest assure Ų w Ų

I wonder how will Tang turn out in the end~~~

4