As a gecko in the poor singer’s room [2]
35 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Those first few mouthful of time always pass by peacefully, making people want to lower their guard and have some sort of hope for the future, but life will always throw a curve ball at you if you're not paying attention. Tang is always fully aware of this, he knows that this is buffer times, a nice adapting period before the tragedy crash down. But he doesn't know what to prepare, world's logic as it guide stories will bend and swirl like it's a roller-coaster, if it said disaster then disaster will fall, no matter how much he worries he can only follow with it.

That doesn't mean he's being passive. Buff lucks, strengthen bond, the small little things like what he did past life help him secure a position in his target's heart. At the same time he's more active than just mob around acting like a lizard.

-----

Li Jie has been in a great mood lately. His recent job is a really good one with high salary, it's a really hard job to snatch yet he's lucky enough to get it. The gangsters near his house that always threatened people has been clean up, he no longer have to worried about being robbed. His small stream has always have a lot more traffic lately. Suddenly he has been blessed by luck, but the small things that he used to couldn't get him this happy.

Recently his family's friend has contacted him, explaining that they has promised to provided for him. At first he was bewildered, how could a pie suddenly fall from the sky right into his hands?? But with regular contact, he slowly put down his guard. Turn out someone has been looking for him for a long time but only now has they found him. He noted that he quite like this older brother, their first few contact has been awkward with the other continously tried to apologize to him, expressing embarrassment for not caring for him all this time. That because of his job in another country for now he can only send money over. Li Jie doesn't know if he should laugh or cry, but he made it clear that his life has not been that hard and the fact that now they're in contact, it's never late to do anything. After several instances of him refusing to move out because of his attachments, their chat got smoother. From mundane things to recent trends, Li Jie just found that it's relaxing to talk about nothing with this person, a simple hello would be enough to look forward to. Perhaps it has been so long that when he have someome to rely on, he can't help but let himself fall. Don't matter if the other wants to use him, this little bit of warmth making him really unwilling to let go.

-----

It's another day like that, just a simple message while he was eating dinner and his gecko roommate sharing the meal with him. It's unexpectedly warm his heart, a feeling of fulfillment wash over him.

"You know, it has been really good ever since you moved in. I can't help but think your my lucky God."

The youth eyes curl up, his happy smile is extremely dazzling at this moment. Li Jie feels like he has been smiling more in these 2 months than his first 17 years of life.

"It's weird though, sometimes when I talk to him I can't help but think of you. Haha, are you him?"

It's a strange connection between a nice older brother and a gecko but he feels like it's only natural. Especially when his gecko roommate recently drag back small flowers for him everyday. He knows that it's weirdly intelligence but the thought that it and that guy is the same is a bit far fetch. Although sometimes, he could almost see the expression of the gecko when the other side sending him a message, maybe because they're both sometimes show him extreme silly side or maybe because they're both weird variables in his life that he connect them. He even have a fantasy that this gecko is what God sent to him for compensation and it has been making him happy. In the end he only shake off his excessive imagination, instead wanting to tease by comparing his brother to a gecko. He chuckle again.

The sounds of laughter like spring breeze, yet in the eyes of someone, it's like a horrible existence.

"S-Scary...if not for world logic shield me I suspect that he would treat me as some sort of magical creatures. Communication skill is truly wonderful."

[Hehe, sooner or later we would go down that rote, why did you not wanting him to find out now? *^^)]

"If he does that now he'd be treated like a lunatic! According to this world, he talking to a gecko has already been weird enough. I bet he knows that too. I'm not willing to gamble that he somehow doesn't turn into a fanatic, right now I still need to build up his trust a bit more, then wait for the transformation skill and make my debut as his trusted brother!"

(^  ^) out of all my host this one is truly an idiot, but he's honestly so cute what to do~~?

Tang is in high spirit, no matter what the system want to say he will surely earn an A this time! He has been using the system like it suggested, setting up an account for easier talk to the target. At first he want choose to be a fan but in second thought, this identity now is more convenient for sending money. As a trusty older brother, he could provide for this kid and support him both emotionally and financially. At the same time he could learn more about the target and established a better link. And when he show up, people wouldn't treat either as mental patient for believing a gecko could become human and make things out of thin air. From a logical stand point, his plan is not flawed. He just forgot an important detail, the part that read "As a supernatural existence". Naturally the rules will pull him back on track, but letting him making a few mistakes is not a bad thing.

A voice suddenly cut off the thought of the system and host.

"Hey, recently life has been really good to me, it's a bit unreal. Maybe its all a dream? Even if it's a dream I don't want to wake up at all."

There's no answer and what remains is darkness. There's just a small laugh I'm the dark as if the owner has think of a good joke. Venting to a gecko is really a joke though, but if this is a dream, then what stopping someome to talk to a lizard? The breathing even out and the owner of that voice sink into dreamland. How good would it be if this dream continues forever...

The thing a teenager said is sometimes baffling. In the process of growing up their emotions swing around endlessly, switching without warning. It might be because of that Tang hate dealing with teenager, a target with steady maturity is easier to deal with and is quicker to get the task done. But it's clear as day his detach style really won't work well.

Within the dark room and the dead quiet night, Tang realized he has made another mistake.

 Although he did take the target into consideration, he has yet to treat Li Jie as a human being. To communicate to someome like they're your friend? To care for a pitiful child? He doesn't really have knowledge about this. These normal worries are a foreign concept to him, but the emotions he has recived through his skills awhile ago make him a bit...weird. A sort of paranoia that everything good is fake, it came suddenly without a warning, like the tick of a clock, it went away quickly yet it echo in your mind. For the first time, Tang was caught in a dilemma, all just for a waver in his target emotions. It's as easy as that.

If his target has not just randomly comment out loud, if his emotions has not fluctuate that big, would Tang ever notice his stiffness as if he's in a mold? Maybe his target being a teenager like this is a good option, he might be able to pick up a thing or two about how human emotions work. In the next and the next world, will he again forget his target is a only a human being and not a character from a book? Although they're born for a story, they're all real. His gaze on Li Jie grew complicated.

The system smile meaningfully again, to an unfinished character, what does a sudden attack mean. How great it'd be for it to witness a new creation in the making~.

~~~~~

Author's note:

I'm sick ba, my brain is even more mush now but I really just want to pump out my thoughts. Honestly please someone, anyone! Is there an way to edit chapters, I want to rewrite some of it so badly wuwuwu Ọ   Ọ

2