Chapter 18 – DA, BJ, Snake-Prey
46 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"This is a clear and obvious VIOLATION of the newest Educational Decree: boys and girls must remain six inches apart!" Umbridge's shrill voice reached us as Fred and I pulled apart. 

"We stan a based queen who promotes gay supremacy." I said. 

Umbridge looked at me quizzically like she hadn't understood a word of what I said. 

"Kylie, Shannon, and Pansy would appreciate the support, queen." I told her. 

Umbridge simply stared at me for another moment, before turning to Fred. 

"You will share in a week's worth of Miss Potter's many detentions, Mr Weasley." She said. "And as for you, Miss Potter, I think we shall have to see about changing up your phrase." 

And with a sickly sweet smile, the toad pointed us out of her office. 

"Well, I didn't think that went too bad." I said. "She usually gives out much worse." 

Fred shrugged. "Detention with you sounds fun as fuck. Not really a punishment to be fair. Well, I guess having your hand cut open over and over again is horrific, but nothing I can't handle." 

"It's not so bad." I muttered, and Fred turned to me, raising an eyebrow. 

"Huh?" 

I shook my head. There was something about the feeling the pain gave me... it was somewhat addicting. I didn't know why, but the stinging and burning sensation distracted me from the weird feelings in my head that Riddle was causing me, and from the thoughts about what him and Floppy had done to me. The thoughts tended to creep in when it was quiet and there was nothing to do or think about; I tended to become loud and exuberant when I felt them coming, but of course in detention with Umbridge, there wasn't enough people and snacks to throw a common-room-style party. The only escape was the pain, and the pain was starting to feel quite nice... 

"Hey, you okay?" 

I looked up at Fred. We had arrived to the staircase before the Entrance Hall. I wasn't even aware that we were going back to the ball. 

The redhead was looking down at me with concern. His eyebrows were furrowed slightly, a hint of a frown on his normally grinning lips. His chocolate eyes, usually hard and twinkling with mischief, were soft and worried. 

"Yeah, I'm fine, Red." I sighed. I watched over the banister as a group of giggling kids exited the Great Hall, their voices echoing and bouncing off the walls of the hall below.  

Fred bit his lip. "It's just that... you look like... like this is taking a toll on you. You shouldn't have to put up with this." 

I shook my head. "Seriously, I'm good. Everything's fine." 

I didn't even believe it myself. Fred's eyes narrowed. 

"Why can't you just talk to me?" 

I watched as the giggling gaggle pushed open one of the double doors of the Entrance Hall and went outside. I deliberately avoided Fred's eye. 

"I know something's up. Don't let whatever romantic mess we're tangled up in make it awkward to talk about personal stuff." Fred said seriously. "You're still my best friend. I care about you. More than you know." 

I glanced down at my feet as I leaned against the banister. Fred leaned beside me, his arms folded on top of the smooth oak. He looked at me. 

I sighed again. "First of all, it's not a romantic mess, it's a sexual relationship with no romance." 

Fred scoffed, opening his mouth, but reluctantly closed it as I continued. 

"But I do think there's something wrong with me..." I took a deep breath. "My past with Floppy and Riddle has been really affecting me. Sometimes it's all I can think about. And I think it's affecting my relationships." 

Fred nodded slowly. "You're afraid to let anyone get close to you in case what happened to Amy happens to anyone else." 

I looked at him in shock. How did he know that? 

"You're not that hard to read, Softpaw. I know you. And you've been pushing some of us away. And you've been working us so hard in the DA. It's not hard to notice that you're afraid for all your friends, so much so that you're paranoid about not training us well enough." 

I laughed softly. "Sorry. I'll lay off the pressure this week." 

"But you don't need to worry about us. If something happens to any of us, it's not your fault." Fred said. "You HAVE to remember that. Please, Daisy. Don't blame yourself again." 

I looked up into his eyes. They were soft and kind, so unlike the usual Fred Weasley. Against my will, I smiled, leaning into him. The music from the Great Hall was muffled, humming along in the background. The low, ambient lighting glowed all around us. 

"Thanks, Freddie." I said quietly. 

We rejoined the others in the ball for a few more dances. The night was fading away though, as many students were returning to their Houses due to the time. I glanced at the list, seeing no other alternative than to do number 40. Charm the Christmas trees to attack Umbridge right then and there. 

I gestured the Insurgents closer to me. The twins and Terry crowded around me, and I pointed at number 40, then at the huge, well lit and decorated Christmas trees dotted around the hall. 

"Nice." The twins chorused as Terry grinned excitedly. 

Not even a minute later and the trees were all charmed with the Homing spell, sprouting little wooden legs and ambling after Umbridge, who had come back down from her office. We heard a little shriek from the doors, and I craned my neck to look over the twins' shoulders. 

"Fuck yeah, get her, trees!" I yelled as Terry burst out into loud raucous laughter, and the twins slapped each other's arms excitedly, grinning. 

The massive Christmas trees were surrounding Umbridge at the doors, cornering her. The tips of the trees were bending forwards, rustling their ornaments and tinsel, dropping baubles and pine needles onto her. Umbridge's shrieks and cries for help went unanswered as the students still left at the ball pointed and laughed at her. 

We pointed and laughed along with them, Terry getting out his quill and scratching out number 40 as he grinned from ear to ear. 

~~~ 

The fifth year ball went down in Hogwarts history as one of the most iconic moments to happen. Umbridge attacked with Christmas trees was a huge hit with the gossip, and afterwards Kylie taking me to her private bedroom at the bottom of the girls' dorms in Gryffindor Tower also somehow got out, and people were having a field day with what might have went down. 

"I heard they fucked!" 

"I heard Kylie touched Daisy's tits!" 

"I heard they just cuddled and went to sleep." 

"We did all of those things." I informed Terry as we walked past the gossipers. 

Terry clapped his hands together in glee. 

December arrived, bringing with it more snow and a positive avalanche of homework for us fifth-years (though it didn't bother me; I basically never do it). Harry, Draco, Suzanne, Shannon, Ron, and Hermione's prefect duties also became more and more onerous as Christmas approached. To Terry's dismay (less making out with Draco for him, the poor Ravenclaw) they were called upon to supervise the decoration of the rest of the castle outside of the general ball areas ("I utterly failed at putting up tinsel. Peeves got the other end and tried to strangle me with it." Draco said sadly), to watch over first- and second-years spending their break-times inside because of the bitter cold ("And they're cheeky wee bastards, you know, we definitely weren't that rude when we were in first year." Harry said, and Terry and Draco pointed straight at me, to which Harry shrugged and said, "Yeah, alright.") and to patrol the corridors in shifts with Filch, who suspected that the holiday spirit might show itself in an outbreak of wizard duels ("Daisy, seriously, again?"). 

A notable moment was when Hermione first heard the rumours of Kylie and me and what we had done in Kylie's dorm. She got this little jealous look on her face, and when my short-haired lover passed us in the corridor, Hermione grabbed me, spun me round, and planted her lips on mine. I responded after a moment of surprise, enthusiastically, and when we broke apart for air, I watched Hermione's smug face as she turned it towards Kylie. 

But Kylie wasn't watching us with jealousy. She looked intrigued and... her eyes were darkened. She bit her lip, her eyes lingering on us, before smirking and raising her hand in greeting, and rejoined Harry and Ron in walking down the hall. 

"I think she liked that a little too much, Mynee." I said. Hermione bit her lip too. 

"I liked it too, girls -" 

I jumped as an annoying voice came from right behind me. I turned to see Floppy shuffling closer to us, his eyes glinting with malice, and without thinking, raised my fist right into his face. Floppy yelped loudly, falling back against the wall as he covered his face with his hands. 

I smirked as I watched blood trickle out from between his fingers. 

"C'mon, Mynee." I took Hermione's hand and led her away in the direction of the courtyard, all the while Hermione was gazing at me in admiration. 

~~~ 

I arrived early in the Room of Requirement for the last DA meeting before the holidays because I had taken it upon myself to decorate the place for Christmas and I didn't want anyone (Harry) interfering. But I had to do it. Nobody else but me would have strung a hundred golden baubles from the ceiling, each showing a picture of Harry's face and bearing the legend: 'HAVE A VERY HARRY CHRISTMAS!' 

I had only just managed to get the last of them up before the door creaked open and Ginny entered, looking as hot as usual.

"Hey." She said, looking around at the decorations. "These are hilarious, did you put them up?" 

"Yeah." I grinned. "Early Christmas present for my dear brother." 

"Mistletoe..." Ginny said quietly, pointing at a large clump of white berries placed almost over my head. 

I gazed at her as she stepped closer. 

"You want to join me under it, Ginny?" I said cheekily. 

I could soon see every freckle on her nose, and could count every eyelash on her - 

Ginny's lips were suddenly on mine. My eyes fluttered shut, and I responded to the kiss eagerly, moving my lips with hers. Our arms snaked around each other, the redhead grabbing onto my ass and me grabbing onto her breasts. I gasped into her mouth as I felt her hands squeeze on me, and I tightened my grip on her chest in response. 

"Oh, Godric." 

Ginny and I broke apart. I grinned. Harry and Ron had just entered, and I stepped away as Kylie and Hermione followed behind them. Harry and Ron gaped at us, Ron staring at Ginny and Harry at me, then they switched. 

"Oh, for fuck sake." Harry added onto his original comment as he noticed the decorations. 

I was saved the eventual awkward questions  by the arrival of Angelina and Katie. 

"Well," Angelina said dully to Harry, pulling off her cloak and throwing it into a corner, "we've finally replaced you." 

"Replaced me?" Harry said blankly.

"You and Red and Bushy." I said. "We had tryouts yesterday." 

"Who?" Ron said quickly.

"If you'd bothered to be there, Ron, you'd know." Angelina said roughly. 

"Ginny is our newest Chaser." I said proudly, pointing at her.

Harry gaped at me.

"Yeah, I know." Angelina said. "But she's pretty good, actually. Nothing on you, of course." She said, throwing him a very dirty look. "But as we can't have you..." 

Harry glared at the wall behind her. Ginny frowned at her. I sniggered. 

"And what about the Beaters?" Harry asked. 

"I'm one of them." Kylie said with a half grin. "I thought I might take it upon myself to offer up my huge arm muscles from my days of being a drummer. Seeing as Slytherin is seeking a rematch and all. Might as well protect Daisy." 

"Ugh, why ARE they doing that?" I scoffed. "How was anything that happened in that match unfair?" 

"It wasn't." Katie said gloomily. "But they argued that since we've had to reshuffle our entire team due to half of it being 'aggressive' and 'violent' that they deserve a rematch because it clearly was skewed in our favour due to our 'bloodthirsty' advantage." 

"Assholes." I said. "Don't worry guys, we'll crush them." 

"Who's the other Beater?" Ron asked. 

"Louis Barnock." I said. "That wee kid in the year below? Love that dude." 

The arrival of Neville, Dean, and Seamus brought the discussion to an end, and within five minutes the room was full enough to prevent me seeing Angelina's sad face. 

"OK." I said, calling them all to order. "I thought this evening we should just go over the things we've done so far, because I thought we'd give you guys a break, and it's the last meeting before the holidays so there's no point starting anything new right before a three week break -" 

"We're not doing anything new?" Zacharias Smith said, in a disgruntled whisper loud enough to carry through the room. "If I'd known that, I wouldn't have come." 

"We're all really sorry Daisy didn't tell you, then." Fred said loudly.

Several people sniggered. I felt the familiar swooping sensation in my stomach, as though I had missed a step going downstairs.

"- We can practise in pairs." Harry said. "We'll start with the Impediment Jinx, for ten minutes, then we can get out the cushions and try Stunning again." 

They all divided up obediently; Harry and I wandered around the room as usual. The room was soon full of intermittent cries of "Impedimenta!" People froze for a minute or so, during which their partner would stare aimlessly around the room watching other pairs at work, then would unfreeze and take their turn at the jinx.

Neville had improved beyond all recognition. When I passed Kylie she smirked at me; I resisted the temptation to walk past her several more times.

After ten minutes on the Impediment Jinx, we laid out cushions all over the floor and started practising Stunning again. Space was really too confined to allow us all to work this spell at once; half the group observed the others for a while, then swapped over.

I felt myself positively swelling with pride as I watched them all. True, Neville did Stun Connie rather than Dean, at whom he had been aiming, but it was a much closer miss than usual, and everybody else had made enormous progress.

At the end of an hour, Harry and I called a halt.

"You're getting really good." Harry said, beaming around at them. 

"When we get back from the holidays we can start doing some of the cool shit - maybe even Patronuses." I said. 

There was a murmur of excitement. The room began to clear in the usual twos and threes; everyone wished me a "Happy Christmas" as they went. Feeling cheerful, I collected up the cushions with Harry and stacked them neatly away. Harry left with Kylie, Ron, and Hermione before I did; I hung back a little, because Fred, George, and Terry were still there. 

"See you tomorrow, Softpaw." Terry lifted a hand in farewell as he exited the room with George, both boys grinning. 

"Why did they look like that?" I turned to Fred, my eyes narrowed. "Why were they grinning like that?" 

"Not a clue." Fred said, his own grin unfolding on his face. 

I set the last cushion on the pile next to me and made my way over to him, dodging stacks of cushions. Fred reached out for my arms, taking them and holding them down firmly as I reached for his shoulders. 

"Softpaw - Daisy..." Fred said, his grin dropping. I had barely ever seen him this serious before. I looked at him quizzically. What was going on lately? "I think we need to talk." 

"What?" I sniggered. "Which prank do you want to pull on Umbitch next? Or is it something to do with Hopper always making out with Draco when they're together, because honestly, leave the lads alone, young love and all that." 

"No... Daisy..." 

"Is it something to do with our sex life? Do I tug on you too hard when I give you handjobs? Sorry, I'll try to be more gentle -" 

"No! Daisy, I'm being serious." Fred burst out. I took a step back, alarmed, as the redhead shuffled on his feet, adjusting his stance. "Just listen to me for a minute. We have to talk about us." 

"Us? There is no us." I said. "There's just sex." 

"That's the thing, Daze." Fred said, crossing his arms. His eyebrows were furrowed and his mischief-less brown eyes were trained on me, not glancing away even for a second. "It's not just sex to me. I - I lo-" 

"Shut up, Red." I took a step forward and shoved him, his back landing hard against the wall. "You don't know what you're talking about. This IS just sex." 

Fred's eyes flashed; the hurt momentarily crossed his face before it was replaced by fury and outrage. 

"No, you shut up. I want us to be in a relationship." He growled. "I want to show the world how much I'm in l-" 

"Well I DON'T." I said forcefully, planting my lips on his. Fred responded angrily, roughly moving his lips with mine, before shoving me off him. 

"I KNOW you care about me too." He said, panting. "This isn't just me." 

"This is literally all in your head." I told him as an incredulous laugh broke free from my mouth. I dove for his lips again, and we kissed passionately, Fred's tongue slipping into my mouth. He gripped me tight and turned us around, slamming me forcefully into the stone wall behind us. I gasped as all the air rushed out of me, and latched onto him again, desperate for more. 

Fred broke away from me, glaring down at me. "Stop lying to me. Stop lying to YOURSELF. I know you feel what I do. Everyone knows it but you." 

"If everyone knows it but me, how come the entire school thinks I'm with Kylie?" I quizzed him, also panting now. I knew it was a low blow before it left my lips; the hurt came back into his eyes and stayed for longer. But the fury also came back twice as intense. 

"Don't say that to me." Fred growled. His eyes were stormy; his voice was low and dangerous. "Don't fucking say that to me." 

"You're the one lying to yourself. We're just best friends." I said, flipping us over so that Fred was against the wall again. "You don't love me. And I don't love you." 

Fred flinched. I moved my hand down his body until I reached his jeans, and to my surprise, felt a growing bulge there. After all this serious, deep, frustrated talk I didn't think he would be turned on. 

"Do you want me or do you want to argue all night about shit that doesn't matter?" I said, moving my hand. 

Fred let out a strangled noise. "I-It matters a lot, actually -" 

"Shut up." I growled this time, biting down on his shoulder. Fred's groan echoed throughout the Room of Requirement. 

"I'm not taking no for an answer, Daisy... I know you have feelings for me!" Fred struggled to say. "I don't care what you say, I-I know it's the truth! Stop being so fucking stubborn and just fucking be my g-" 

I covered his mouth with my hand. "Do you want me?" I purred in his ear. 

Fred moaned. I teased him with my fingers. The tiniest shudder went through him, and I grinned to myself, sinking to my knees. Down his jeans went, then his boxers, leaving me with Fred's length in front of my face. Fred was watching me, his eyes still stormy but dark with desire. 

I stuck my tongue out and licked. Fred swore, his head falling back against the wall. I licked up and down his length until I reached his tip, kissing it with my full lips, and sat back, looking up at him, my eyebrows raised. 

"Do you want me?" 

"Yes, you little fucking slut." Fred growled, completely losing it. His hands fell to my hair, tangling though it, yanking me to his crotch. "Open wide." 

I eagerly obliged, shifting on my knees as a rush went through me. Fred fed himself into my mouth, groaning and biting his lip, and I struggled to breathe as he settled into a routine, sliding back and forth between my lips, soon bumping the back of my throat with each thrust into my mouth. I choked on him, my jaw aching as his huge length filled my mouth and throat, but Fred simply forced my face into his crotch, making my nose touch his toned stomach. 

"Yeah, you're such a slut that you can't settle for one person? You can't settle down into a monogamous relationship? Huh?" Fred pulled my hair into a makeshift ponytail, yanked me back until only his tip was in my mouth, then forcefully yanked me forward again until I choked loudly on him. "You're such a fucking slut that you can't love me? That you can't be my girlfriend? Well, then you can take my entire dick down your throat." 

I squirmed on my knees as Fred slid across my tongue. I could feel him pulsing. He was about to explode... 

"Daisy... baby... I'm about to fucking come..." 

I braced myself. Fred throbbed in my mouth, and hot liquid filled it. All I could hear was the rushing in my ears and Fred's loud, strangled groans bouncing off the walls of the room. His fingers were wound tight in my hair, pressing me down, and my hands were on his thighs, nails digging into his skin. 

Eventually, Fred gently tugged my hair, and I slid off of him. My lips were swollen, and I looked up at him from my (probably) bruised knees. 

"Swallow." Fred said, his eyes dark. I swallowed slowly, never breaking eye contact until I felt the warmth settle in my stomach. I licked my lips, smacking them as I savoured his taste. I heard Fred curse again softly. 

I looked up at him and he extended a hand. I took it, standing up shakily. We both stood there next to each other in awkward silence, looking in opposite directions. 

It wasn't awkward because of the degrading talk; we had played around with the word 'slut' before during sex, and Fred never used it outside the bedroom. However, this was a lot more rough and anger driven, with my poor battered knees, lips, jaw, and throat being the main victims here. Not to mention the conversation that I had interrupted with the unusually passionate blowjob. 

"Well, see you back in the common room." I rasped, cringing at my sore throat. 

Fred eyed my tears as I wiped them away from my face. "Sorry, did I upset you...?" He said quietly, all anger lost from his face. 

I shook my head. "No. From choking. Don't worry about it, I liked it." 

"You always do." A hint of a smirk shadowed Fred's face, and I rolled my eyes. 

"Ha, ha. See you up there." I said, striding over to the door and opening it. I slipped through it, throwing one last glance back inside. Fred had collapsed against the wall, jeans tugged up, with his face in his hands. 

~~~ 

Most of the awkwardness had disappeared by the time it came for bed. Fred seemed to have accepted that this conversation would not be revisited any time soon, and so the three of us spent the night playing Exploding Snap, gossiping about members of the DA, and what Umbridge was likely to make us write at our next detention. 

We pulled off our robes and put on pyjamas as we chatted; Lee was already asleep. I got into bed but did not pull the hangings closed around my four-poster; instead, I stared at the patch of starry sky visible through the window next to George's bed. If I had known, this time last night, that in twenty-four hours' time I would have been having that wild conversation and then extremely hot sex with Fred... 

"Night." Fred said softly, from somewhere to my right.

"Night." I said.

Maybe next time... he'd be a bit happier. He had probably been expecting me to say that I felt exactly what he felt and was now really angry with me... but I'm crushing on Kylie. He's just my best friend who I'm very attracted to. And surely he feels the same? What he's feeling is just friendly love for his best friend, he's just confused. He can't possibly like me, it makes no sense. He was so supportive of me and Draco back in the day. If he liked me then why would he advocate for me to be with my crush? I don't know what to think.

I turned over onto my side. That's what they should teach us here, how boys' brains work... girls are much easier to understand... it'd be more useful than Divination, anyway...

George snuffled in his sleep. An owl hooted somewhere out in the night.

I don't know when but I eventually fell asleep. I had many different dreams, about the twins, Harry, Shannon, McGonagall, all doing strange things dressed like fairies... then the dreams changed...

My body felt smooth, powerful, and flexible. I was gliding between shining metal bars, across dark, cold stone... I was flat against the floor, sliding along on my belly... it was dark, yet I could see objects around me shimmering in strange, vibrant colours... I was turning my head... at first glance the corridor was empty... but no... a man was sitting on the floor ahead, his chin drooping on to his chest, his outline gleaming in the dark...

I put out my tongue... I tasted the man's scent on the air... he was alive but drowsy... sitting in front of a door at the end of the corridor...

I longed to bite the man... but I must master the impulse... I had more important work to do...

But the man was stirring... a silver Cloak fell from his legs as he jumped to his feet; and I saw his vibrant, blurred outline towering above me, saw a wand withdrawn from a belt... I had no choice... I reared high from the floor and struck once, twice, three times, plunging my fangs deeply into the man's flesh, feeling his ribs splinter beneath my jaws, feeling the warm gush of blood...

The man was yelling in pain... then he fell silent... he slumped backwards against the wall... blood was splattering on to the floor...

My forehead hurt terribly... it was aching fit to burst ...

"Daisy! DAISY!" 

I opened my eyes. Every inch of my body was covered in icy sweat; my bed covers were twisted all around me like a strait-jacket; I felt as though a white-hot poker were being applied to my forehead.

"Softpaw!" 

Fred was standing over me looking extremely frightened. There were more figures at the foot of my bed. I clutched my head in my hands; the pain was blinding me... I rolled right over and vomited over the edge of the mattress.

"She's really ill." A scared voice said. "Should we call someone?" 

"Softpaw! Daisy!" 

I had to tell Fred and George, it was very important that I tell them... taking great gulps of air, I pushed myself up in bed, willing myself not to throw up again, the pain half blinding me.

"Your dad." I panted, my chest heaving. "Your dad's... been attacked..." 

"What?" Fred said uncomprehendingly.

"Your dad! He's been bitten, it's serious, there was blood everywhere..." 

"I'm going for help." The same scared voice said, and I heard footsteps running out of the dormitory.

"Daisy, mate," Fred said uncertainly, "you... you were just dreaming -" 

"No!" I said furiously; it was crucial that Fred understand. "It wasn't a dream... not an ordinary dream... I was there, I saw it... I did it..." 

The pain in my forehead was subsiding slightly, though I was still sweating and shivering feverishly. I retched again and Lee leapt backwards out of the way.

"Daisy, you're not well." Fred said shakily. "George's gone for help." 

"I'm fine!" I choked, wiping my mouth on my pyjamas and shaking uncontrollably. "There's nothing wrong with me, it's your fuckin' dad you've got to worry about - we need to find out where he is - he's bleeding like mad - I was - it was a huge fucking snake." 

I tried to get out of bed but Fred pushed me back into it; Lee was hovering somewhere nearby. Fred climbed into bed with me and held me down as I struggled to get up. He stroked my hair soothingly, shhing me. Whether one minute passed or ten, I did not know; I simply sat there shaking, feeling the pain recede very slowly from my scar, relaxing into Fred's arms... then there were hurried footsteps coming up the stairs and I heard George's voice again.

"Over here, Minnie!" 

Professor McGonagall came hurrying into the dormitory in her tartan dressing gown, her glasses perched lopsidedly on the bridge of her bony nose.

"What is it, Miss Potter? Where does it hurt?" 

I had never been so pleased to see her; it was a member of the Order of the Phoenix I needed now, not someone fussing over me and prescribing useless potions.

"It's the twins' dad." I said, sitting up again. "He's been attacked by a snake and it's serious, I saw it happen." 

"What do you mean, you saw it happen?" Professor McGonagall said, her dark eyebrows contracting.

"I don't even know, I'm so fucked up right now... I was asleep and then I was, like, there..." 

"You mean you dreamed this?" 

"No!" I said loudly in frustration; would none of them understand? "I was having a dream at first about something completely different, something stupid... and then this interrupted it. It was real, I didn't imagine it. Big Arthur was asleep on the floor and he was attacked by a gigantic snake, there was a shit ton of blood, he collapsed, someone's got to fucking find out where he is..." 

Professor McGonagall was gazing at me through her lopsided spectacles as though horrified at what she was seeing.

"I'm not lying and I'm not mad!" I told her, my voice rising to a shout. "Please, I tell you, I saw it happen!" 

"I believe you, Miss Potter." Professor McGonagall said curtly. "Put on your dressing gown - we're going to see the Headmaster."

1