Chapter eighteen A
2k 6 49
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 Chapter eighteen A.

 

The mourning of Laznuss had arrived as I woke to the soft sheets and blankets of my ship cabin. Milly and Sasha had gotten up earlier. The morning was still young; as I went through my pre-dawn routine.

 

The previous night I had spoken to Timothy about what he had found in the city. There were plenty of slave merchants in the city and a few auction houses. The platinum shackle auction house was the most affluent slave auction house in the city. They specialized in selling the most skilled slaves. They as well handled all the auctions for the fallen nobility and was where the high priestess would be auctioned off the following Dawning.

 

The other auction houses all dealt with goods and items. Crates and silos were a bulk good auction house and sold raw ore, crops, and other such bulk items. The paragon auction house dealt with the exquisite and rarified items adventurers and skilled craftsmen found or created.

 

I had also instructed Timothy to find a suitable manor for sale. Finding out that I would be unable to stay on the ship had put a dampener on my plans, and I figured it would be wise to set up a permanent presence in the city. A place where my people could make a home and be more comfortable. They were followers of Amara; after all, hearth and home are a core tenant of their beliefs.

 

"Good morning master Grayson," May said in the ever-cheerful no-nonsense tone she had as I sat at the breakfast nook in the gally.

 

"Wonderful morning May, how's the gally this morning?" I asked as the pleasant aromas of breakfast filled the room.

 

"Going splendidly, master Grayson. Now I'll have a good breakfast out to you in just a moment." May said.

 

I was brought a delicious omelet with vegetables and of course cossa. As I ate, Holly walked into the galley carrying a large milking jug and handed it to May.

 

"Good morning master Grayson. How are you?" Holly asked.

 

"Doing well; you?" I said around a mouth full of food.

 

"Excellent, this ship truly is wonderful. I never thought I would be able to visit let alone live aboard such a vessel in all my life."

 

 

"I'm glad you like it. is the V birth working for you and Zora?"

 

 

"Yes, the room is so nice. I felt bad that we have such nice accommodations, then I go to the rooms of the others and...well...everyone has such nice rooms. Enchanted draws and cabinets, the bathing rooms are splendid as well. I don't think there's a slave alive who has better." Holly said, answering in her deeply melodic voice, the hesitation replaced by true affection.

 

 

"Good, I only want the best for you all. You know I think this slavery thing is a barbaric mess. But as long as I'm your master I will see to it that all of you get the best I can provide. It is the least I can do for holding your freedom and lives in my hands." I said, giving her a warm smile. I had long since come to grips that I would not be able to change the ways of the empire quickly, and the fact that freedom terrified most of the slaves only compounded the issue.

 

 

"Yes, we all know lord Grayson, very odd. But we endeavor to accept all that master is to give to us."

 

 

"On that note is there anything you need or want?"

 

 

"Uhm...no I don't think so...I mean..."

 

 

"It's ok you can say."

 

 

"Zora and me were talking and we both would...like...you to milk us some time." She blurted out softly, hesitating a bit.

 

 

"Oh, that. Definitely, I can put that on my to-do list."

 

 

I did not understand how the minobous could blush through her white fur, but she did. The exposed skin on her breasts was turning a shade of pink. She bowed her head and quickly left the room.

 

 

"Poor thing, she's been dying to ask you that for days now. Zora can barely speak when she thinks about it." May said in a play-full tone from the galley.

 

 

"Really? The only reason I haven't is I've been busy. Does it mean that much to them?"

 

 

"Oh yes, for an owner to personally milk them. it's the height of honor for a minobous slave. They have a deep-seeded need to feed their loved ones. What you did the first night when you bought us, well, it was one of the nicest and most satisfying things I think you could do for the two of them. it made them feel welcomed and at home; valued and loved if I dare say so, master Grayson." May answered.

 

 

"It meant that much. Wow, I had no idea."

 

 

"I suspected not, but getting you to milk them again is about all those two girls go on about. Quite adorable." May said as Timothy walked into the room.

 

 

"Do the others have anything similar that would make them more at home?" I asked may as Timothy sat at the table with me, and she brought him over a plate of fruit and vegetables with a large glass of milk.

 

 

"Humm...well a few... sort of... the fairies are all overjoyed I cook with their personal herbs and spices. I use the fruit from the dryads as well. When they see you eating and enjoying what they have grown and cared for they all take great satisfaction and comfort from that. It makes them believe they have a permanent place with you and that they are useful."

 

 

"I have noticed all the plants hanging around the ship. They are well taken care of and I love the aroma."

 

 

"I'm sure one of them is listening at the door and they're going to run off and tell the others. Making you happy means they get to stay. You're a wonderful master and the fear of you selling them off makes them work hard."

 

 

"Well make sure you let them know I'm not going to sell any of them, ever." I said seriously.

 

 

"I know, it will take time for the others to come around though. The kitsune you rescued; are still in shock for the most part. Were all talking to them and giving them little tasks to do like clean windows, straighten and recoil ropes. It reassures them they have something to do and are needed. The mothers are doing much better, they are holed up with Amber and Ray'mea. The little ones are doing much better as well, and the rooms with the attached nursery you made are absolutely beautiful. Amber's been asking when she can personally thank you."

 

 

"Having her and the kids happy is thanks enough."

 

 

"I think she wants to more physically thank you, master."

 

 

"It is to be expected with how well you are treating her and the children. It is quite outside the norm." Timothy said while smiling.

 

 

"She knows she doesn't have to do that right?" I asked.

 

 

"Oh, she's well aware of that, all of us are. If anything, it's only making some of us want you more." May said while an impish smile crossed her face. The pink hair elf that was plump in all the right places leaned a little more seductively over the counter, exposing the tops of her breast more.

 

 

"Well...that's just... Delicious." I stumbled over the words as my other brain began clamoring for attention.

 

 

"I'm glad you think so." May said, biting her lip before turning back to the galley.

 

 

"So...um...house...yes...you'll be looking." I said distractedly to Timothy.

 

 

"Yes, master Grayson. That's the plan for the day, is there somewhere your thinking of in particular in the city?"

 

 

"Yessss... the nobles district if possible, I want a larger estate."

 

 

"Thin I will make inquiry's today and findout what selection I can have prepared for you tomorrow." Timothy said, bowing his head slightly.

 

 

Mid-morning found Sasha, Milly, and myself standing once again in front of my new home apartment: 25 - 50. I had explained to Sasha that I needed two slaves to attend me at the college, and she had eagerly volunteered. She had worked with the nobility when she was younger. She had a firm grasp on how to act and what would be expected. She said she was fine with everything that entailed and that she would help guide me also.

 

 

Milly, on the other hand, had only ever lived on two farms and had no idea what living amongst the nobility would entail. Sasha had informed her of some of the perversions she would be expected to endure, but that had only piqued her interest more.

 

 

I knocked politely and then opened the door stepping into the short hallway I had previously rushed through. The apartment had a cozy, refined air to it; as I entered the large sitting and study room. The smell of the florin Strafa's cooking filled the air, and there was a delightful arrangement of breakfast items arrayed on the counter.

 

 

"Eric, how wonderful of you to join us this morning." Ashley said, standing from the lounge chair she had been sitting in while she was drinking her cossa.

 

 

Rachel came out from her room and said in the same delighted tone, "Lord Grayson, it's a delight to see you this morning. I am very much looking forward to our date today."

 

 

"What a pleasure to find you both so eagerly waiting." I said with a knowing grin. The women were in long flowing silk robes with floral prints. They were open, exposing the full sets of lingerie they each wore.

 

 

Ashley, upon standing, had undone the knot holding her robe closed, and the soft lacy deep green of her stockings, garter belt, and brazier hugged her lushes form gracefully.

 

 

Rachel had come out with her robe open, and the soft blue crotchless lace panties she wore framed her pink pussy beautifully. Rachel was petite, and her ass hugged her body, two soft round cheeks outlined in sky blue. Her breasts were not as large as Ashley’s, but they were in no way lacking, as the blue of her brazier held them up.

 

 

"Would you care for some breakfast?" the women offered.

 

 

"That would be wonderful." I said. It was another quirk of the world; anything I ate was almost instantly digested and put to the best use in my body; so, I could always eat.

 

 

Ashley pulled a chair out at the table, and Faith moved to the counter to create an arrangement of Strafa's cooking for me. The two women joined me, and the three of us sat. Faith, Allie, and Brie prepared plates for us, and I saw Strafa pull Milly and Sasha into the kitchen a bit, so they were out of the way.

 

 

"So... Dear husband... which two servants have you decided to bring? I remember your beautiful kitsune, but a bovine'ness?" Ashely said in a light conversational tone.

 

 

"Ah yes, Sasha and Milly. Milly produces milk of legendary quality and I have quite the appetite for it. How would you like them to address you?" I offered as both Sasha and Milly came over and curtsied.

 

 

"Oh, how wonderful, legendary. That is quite something. You may address me as Mistress Ashley in private and exalted Mistress or lady in public. Understood?" Ashley said in a kind tone.

 

 

"yes, mistress Ashley." They said in unison.

 

 

"And you may do the same for me, though if we are engaged intimately, you may call me Rachel." Rachel added.

 

 

"Yes, mistress Rachel." They said again.

 

 

"I do not want to sound rude, lord Grayson, but it is quite apparent you are not, shall we say, a natural-born citizen of the empire, from where do you hail?" Lady Rachel said politely while taking another bite of food.

 

 

I hesitated and looked at Sasha, who immediately leaned over behind me and whispered in my ear, "tell them you are a world walker, but not about your power."

 

 

"Is it that apparent. I am from another world altogether, a world walker." I said with an easy nervous smile.

 

 

"Really?" Ashley said, her voice filled with shock.

 

 

"Yes, in fact, I just arrived on this planet, some twenty or so days ago." I added.

 

 

"I have heard rumors but never thought they would be true." Rachel said, looking at me sidelong.

 

 

"Hum... a hard thing to prove, but I think we shall take you at your word. You have no reason to lie about such a thing and you have enrolled at the college after all." Ashley said as she looked at Rachel for confirmation.

 

 

"There could be reasons, but no... I don't think any of the empire's rivals would be able to have a spy into the college, at least not for long." Rachel added.

 

 

"So now that you have my secret, are you two still excited to have me around?"

 

 

"Goddess yes, a handsome and mysterious world walker. What lady wouldn't, this will just be more fun now that we know. Not that many others would even believe you, world walkers are a sort of myth after all. Supposedly the founders of the empire were ones as well, some three thousand years ago. The legend says that, 'From the mists, they marched, along the sea of stars, five thousand came, a red bull on flag bore their way, from underfoot the beasts did howl, as the first legion marched along the bay, the first legion with standard raised the number nine they did display. Spears and shields formations made; the first legion numbered nine carved the empire along our bay.'" Rachel finished as she recited what sounded like a tavern rhyme.

 

 

"The ninth. You're kidding me?" I said, holding back laughter.

 

 

"No, it's a very old song, well it is actually a part of the founding history, every child remembers it. About the only part of that boring history, that sticks, the bards sing it to, so it is well known. Why?" Rachel asked.

 

 

"The lost legion...well I guess that solves that mystery for me. And explains the empire."

 

 

"Lost legion?" Ashley asked.

 

 

"Yeah, back on my world, like two thousand years ago. An imperial Roman legion went missing, supposedly they walked into the mists of Caledonia and were never seen again. Sounds like they ended up here." I said, shaking my head.

 

 

"Well, that does seem to fit, so you come from another empire?" Rachel asked.

 

 

"Not exactly, the roman empire fell a long time ago. I almost forgot I got a gift for you two."

 

 

I pulled the four perfumes from my storge ring still in the decorative bag and placed them on the table. The two women's eyes filled with happy surprise as Ashley reached for the bag and pulled the paper from it. When she saw the bottles, her smile grew, and she playfully smirked at Rachel.

 

 

"You have good taste, lord Grayson." Rachel said as she sniffed the bottles.

 

 

"These are wonderful, but you did purchase them before you met us." Ashley said playfully.

 

 

"True, but who better to give them to than my new wives." I said back, still weirded out by the whole concept.

 

 

"These smell fantastic, which is for who?" Rachel asked.

 

 

"I'm afraid I don't know you well enough to make that choice. I hope you both can enjoy them."

 

 

"Anything from the masters at Grand Aroma Thera, are fantastically expensive and wonderful. Oh, the others will be so jealous. These are the large bottles also; I only have one of their fine scents and could only afford their smallest bottle from my stipend. Thank you, Lord Grayson." Rachel said while her face flushed at the gift.

 

 

"Yes, they are exquisite. And quite the first meeting gift, lord Grayson, you aim to impress. Thank you." Ashley added, breathing in deeply.

 

 

"Faith, why don't you entertain Master Grayson while we go and get ready. Sasha, Milly you can attend lady Rachel and me." Ashley said as we finished breakfast, and they both stood and headed into their rooms to finish getting ready.

 

 

"Yes, mistress Ashley." Sasha said while pulling Milly along after her. Brie and Allie went into the back while Strafa finished in the kitchen.

 

 

I went and sat in one of the large lounge chairs, and Faith happily came over and sat in my lap. Draping herself across me and wrapping her arms around me. The pink-haired elf was soft and warm. The tight fabric of her shorts pressed into my crotch, letting me feel every inch of her plump ass. She kissed my neck and nuzzled me as I held her.

 

 

I ran my hand up under her shirt and thumbed her nipple. Feeling them harden under my caresses. She cuddled me, allowing the relaxing sensation of her pressed against me to wash over me. I was rock hard but not in an uncomfortable way, nor did I have the urge to ravish her. It was a comfortable arousal that passed the time in silent enjoyment.

 

 

Before I knew it, the two women had walked out from the back fully dressed. Ashley wore a dress made of light white and pink roses that alternated by layer with deep rich emerald silk. She had a sun hat that matched. The soft colors and the deep emerald made her hair stand out like burnished rays of the sun. It was braided to one side and hung down past her right breast.

 

 

Rachel wore a light sky-blue dress trimmed in white lace. Her small sun hat did little to hide the long black braid that flowed down the side of her neck and over her left breast. She was a swirl of the soft sky, and the two dresses, even though different, complemented each other like the sky shining down over a lush garden filled with roses.

 

 

"Well holy fuck, the two of you look absolutely wonderful. I seem to be rather underdressed now." I said as I gaped at the two gorgeous women.

 

 

"Nonsense, Lord Grayson; you look very dashing and handsome. And I quite enjoy the simple yet refined outfits I have seen you in; they are excellently made and have a certain nonchalance about them. It does give off the air of high nobility, particularly with your build." Rachel said as a soft pink blush flushed across her chest and throat.

 

 

It must have helped that the bulge from my erect cock caught both their eyes. They picked up sun umbrellas, one green and the other light blue with lace.

 

 

Brie and Sasha came out of the back next in outfits that suggested they would be accompanying us out. Sasha wore a pleated blue mini skirt and across the top that left much of her upper half exposed. The nearly transparent white cloth only gave occasional peeks at the pink of her nipples underneath. Brie had a matching skirt and top though hers was a plaided green and red, and her white cross top was trimmed in light green lace. The green of the lace and skirt complementing her dark red fur tails perfectly.

 

 

"Our Sasha and Brie the only servants we are going to bring?" I asked, clearly not knowing the custom.

 

 

"Yes, it is normal for a lady to only bring one slave on her daily outings, any more is seen as overly gauche. When a husband and his wives are out, the wives will bring only one slave and the husband one. It's a custom that formed after the fashion had been to bring as many as you could and as rumors of the time say, hardly anyone could walk in the streets or enter the shops, as lords and ladies had nearly their entire households out with them. Much better this way." Ashley answered.

 

 

"I see. That does sound like it would become quite crowded. Do you intend to have Brie crawl around today? Why do the noble ladies do that anyway?" I asked.

 

 

"Oh, no not today unless you want her to?" she asked as I shook my head no, "though if we see my rival Tiffany Greystorm, the bitch, Brie knows what to do. The game I guess you would call it; you'll notice that the only times the demi humans act like animals is when stopped in a group of ladies. It is a game to see whose slave can be the best tamed, any slave can stand there, but one who acts, and plays the part the lady had selected well is seen as honoring their Mistress. It's also why you won't see many of the lords participating, they consider it beneath them, though most do enjoy the spectacle." Ashley answered.

 

 

"It is quite silly and there's no way to ever truly decide who is winning. Though I suppose that is why the noble ladies love it so much. An endless game of public competition, with no clear victor." Rachel said with a sigh, clearly letting me know what she thought of the whole thing.

 

 

"I thought it was something like that, so where are we headed first? I am going to leave showing you my ship for tonight." I said.

 

 

"Well seeing as you are new to the world, I do not wish to be impolite, but I don't want to take you somewhere you can't afford either; how are your finances? I know it's terribly rude to ask, just, with certain customs it would look horrible if we had to pay for something society says you should pay for." Rachel said, not quite knowing how to get the information she wanted.

 

 

"Quite alright Rachel; I am actually well off. I found gold and gems upon my arrival. So, don't worry." I said, lying slightly, I had made a bunch of gold and gems, but I was well off. Though I was going to have to find a source of income that wasn't just making gems, it was going to arouse too much suspicion if I kept unloading more and more gems every time I needed money.

 

 

"That is fortunate; Handsome, well-mannered, a mysterious world walker, a mage, and well off; what more could a lady ask for." Ashley said the rose hue on her cheeks almost perfectly matching the shade the roses on her dress were done in.

 

 

We made our way out of the college tower, Sasha attached to my sword belt by the thin, beautiful silver chain attached to her gold collar. Brie was similarly attached to Ashley though the silver chain she had was lightly looped around her wrist.

 

 

It was past mid-morning when we turned and started our way down the avenue of the marina. The air was clear and calm, with only the barest hint of a cool breeze coming off the water.

 

 

I had offered Rachel my right arm, and Ashley walked to my left, my sword preventing us from locking arms. The circumference of their dresses where such that I was able to hold their arms politely and not get tangled in the fabric.

 

 

"I can't wait to show you some of my favorite shops, they're such a delight to spend time in." Rachel said as we walked past the window displays of the storefronts.

 

 

The walkway along the marina avenue was beginning to fill with the ladies that would be promenading around on the day. They clung to the road like strange multiple-colored flowers, their dresses refined and elegant. Very few bustled busily, and there was a lazy sort of atmosphere.

 

 

The strolling pace Rachel and Ashley set was easy, calm, and full of dignified grace. I could tell it was more for the benefit of others to allow them an opportune moment to glance at them and myself.

 

 

The first shop I was led to was only a ten-minute walk. The hard stone and foe wood of the building gave off a cozy feel. The front windows were two half-circles with a large wood door beset with glass in between the two. The windows held wonderfully extravagant flower arrangements and the sine above the door read, 'The noble rose.'

 

 

Brie quickly moved forward and opened the door allowing Rachel, Ashley, Sasha, and myself to enter the flower shop. The floral and fresh plant sent clung heavily in the air. The main room was longer than it was wide. Dotted on tables both long and small were arrangements of flowers. Plants hung from macramé holders, swinging slightly over tables and from the walls.

 

 

"This is the lady Ashtons flower shop. It has been in business forever. Her arrangements work wonders on a room." Ashley said with more than just a hint of respect in her voice.

 

 

"Yes, she does create the most beautiful and fragrant displays. I have to give her that." Rachel added.

"It is quite a lovely shop; I don't think I saw any flowers in our apartment?" I said.

 

 

"You catch on quick; we did not know if we were going to get a practice husband this year or not and some lords hate beautiful things. I had not thought to get any before we met with our perspective suiter." Ashley said.

 

 

"Well, I trust the floral arrangements of the room are in good hands with you Ashley." I said.

 

 

"Oh, don't give her a blank ticket just yet, Lord Grayson, will be swimming in flowers if you do that." Rachel playfully mocked.

 

 

"Will not, I was only going to put us on the list for a once-a-week delivery. Maybe let's see...three for my room...two for your room Rachel... four for our bathroom... six for lord Grayson's bathing room... two for lord Grayson room...five for the sitting and study room...one large one for the dining room...and a small fragrant herbal selection for the kitchen. Maybe one simple pleasant smelling one for the slaves room... and the outdoor table... so that's twenty-six?" Ashley said, looking at me with hopeful eyes.

 

 

By the indicated pleading, I think I was supposed to pay for this floral decadence. "Hum... ok but only two for my bathroom, one for my room and three in the sitting area." I said, adjusting the count from twenty-six down to nineteen.

 

 

"yes!" Ashley said, letting out an excited squeak.

 

 

She had totally overdone it knowing I would bring the real number down to what she actually wanted. Sneaky, sneaky. Oh well, it was only flowers.

 

 

We spent the next, oh I have no idea how long going over flower books and arrangements. Well, more aptly, Ashley did; Rachel found a corner chair and began reading. While I had found the most interesting plant to play with. It was called a jiggly giggly wiggly and did exactly what it sounded like. It looked like a small cactus plant but with no thorns. It was green and had a jelly-like consistency. It was like a slime monster only rooted in place. The thing was about the size of my hand and was carnivorous; it would catch small bugs and digest them. I went around the shop and caught the bugs and fed them to my new little friend.

 

 

So, upon exiting, we would be getting weekly deliveries to our room of nineteen flower arrangements. Crazy, and the weekly price of four gold was nothing to scoff at either. I had also purchased the jiggly giggly wiggly and insisted it go in my room. Ashley was flummoxed that my little wiggling cactus would offset her floral arrangements, but I would not be swayed. The thing was too cool; well, it entertained the five-year-old part of my brain at least.

 

We stepped out of the shop and off to the side, and I noticed Ashley wiping a small tear from her eye. "Are you all right Ashley?" I asked, thinking she might have allergies or something.

 

 

"Yes...it's just..." Ashley trailed off, looking at Rachel.

 

 

"You see lord Grayson, though Ashley's father is a duke...well... Winter shore is of more strategic value than an economic hub. She's also the fourth daughter and her stipend while large...is not as large as some others. You made her very happy by indulging her." Rachel explained, smiling up at me for bringing such joy to her friend.

 

 

"Ashley..." I trailed off while taking her hand and pulling her in for a light kiss.

 

 

The wonderful flush on her face returned, and the two women who were already in a good mood turned even brighter as a lightness filled their steps as we continued our strolling pace.

 

 

There was a marked difference in the way the surrounding nobles treated me while in the presence of Rachel and Ashley. The countless monopoly-looking men and ladies would go out of their way to sidestep us. They must have known the two because I was sure as hell was not garnering these responses.

 

 

There were mild looks of curiosity and polite, short hellos. Some of the groupings of ladies even moved out of our way as we approached. A few of the more practically dressed men even took their hats off and offered polite bows.

 

 

After Another half-hour of leisurely walking down the street, stopping to look at dress shop windows, handbags, glass trinkets, and bobbles until we reached our true destination, it was a bookstore; in fact, it was a Hobbs's and son's store.

 

 

Besides me, I could feel Rachel's anticipation, and as a book lover myself, I could understand her excitement. The rows of shelves were like old rooms. The smell of parchment and paper a delightful haze that sent my mind into the wide worlds of fantasy.

 

 

"I just love this store; I could spend a fortune and a lifetime in it." Rachel said in a fawning voice, making me question if nuptials were soon to be forthcoming.

 

 

"I know what you mean, the smell of knowledge," I said, offering her a companionable smile.

 

 

"Not you too. One book lover as a friend is bad enough, not my husband too." Ashley playfully wined. But I could see her eyes light up as well, she was a mage after all, and if there is one thing all mages have in common, it is the love of books, tomes, and scrolls.

 

 

"What are we shopping for here, though I would love to buy every book I don't think even I am that rich," I said jokingly.

 

 

"Well in truth, I just wanted to pick up some new quills, ink and fine parchments for some enchantments I am working on." Rachel said.

 

 

"You enchant?" I asked.

 

 

"You haven't even asked what kind of mages we are yet. So, I'm going to let the mystery stand a while. Let you brood on it." Rachel said with a play full tease of her bottom lip.

 

 

"Ashley?" I asked.

 

 

"Nope, I'm with Rachel on this one, you're just going to have to wait a bit, maybe over lunch." Ashley said with a firm nod of her head, settling the matter.

 

 

It was true I really did not know much about the two, but I was going to probe them deeply for answers if I had to.

 

 

"Well while were here, might as well pick out a few books as well Rachel, Ashley. Call it a bribe to get even deeper into your good graces."

 

"Any deeper and I'm not going to be able to stop from gushing all over you." Rachel said with a nerdy playful grin on her face.

 

 

I walked through the rows of shelves and admired the selection that was on display. I had enough skills and abilities for the moment. I selected mundane books, a bestiary, an herbal encyclopedia, and alchemy text.

 

 

Ashley wandered close by and seemed to pick books off the shelf at random and skim through them. Rachel, on the other hand, was in the writing supplies section going over everything she needed.

 

 

The store attendants, while waiting to be helpful, did keep their distance, except for when I selected a book, one would come over and take it to the counter quickly.

 

 

Supplies selected and tomes stored in my ring of holding, we made our way out of the wonderful shop.

 

 

"Why don't we head over to the kettle and pan for lunch?" Ashley suggested.

 

 

"Sounds good to me, Rachel?" I asked.

 

 

"That should do nicely I think, I bet Lady Elizabeth will be there as well."

 

 

"Most likely." Ashley added.

 

 

49