Chapter nineteen B.
2k 2 46
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter nineteen B.

 

       Taking a quick shower, I got dressed in the Imperial mage college uniform. Uniform was a very loose descriptor; the clothes had been delivered previously by the towers servants. There were robes, dress like atter, pants, and almost every kind of still of clothing all done in the black and gold of the Empire; there was even a kilt. I dressed in a pair of slack-like paints, a black collared shirt with a vest. I then added a long coat that had slashes up the side to allow for a sword to be worn.  

 

       I went and sat at the table in the dining nook. Strafa and the rest of the slaves had gotten ready, but most of them were in comfortable-looking clothes. They were still revealing but not in the overly playful sexual display as if they were going out in the city. 

 

       Ashley came out first, sitting at the table. She wore a black dress fitted tightly at the top and flaring out to a loose skirt at her hips. The black was accented by gold, and Exalted mage Ashley Wintershore was monogrammed above her left breast. The dress also had flecks of gold mixed in, giving it a glittering, shimmering effect.

 

       Rachel was in a fitted polonaise dress, and unlike the larger circumferences from the day previously, this one’s petticoat and bodice dress had a far more practical feel. Black and gold were still the only colors. I started to have a better idea of why all the fashion around the college was a riot of colors when out on the streets. The rather dull school attire left little room for expression except for the style of the black and gold clothing.

       

       Allie and Brie brought over plates with the girl’s preferred breakfasts. I was given a selection of eggs, bacon, and vegetables. Strafa was an excellent cook, not extravagant, but good simple home cooking. Hot cossa was survived, and we dug in. 

 

       A light knock was heard at the door, and a few moments later, Faith came into the dining nook and handed Ashley, Rachel, and me each a newspaper. The paper was thicker than newsprint from Earth, and the paper had the look of being more of a pamphlet than a newspaper, but the intent was the same.

 

       “Oh, good the Imperial Tribune has arrived.” Rachel said as she stopped eating and began to read. 

 

       Ashley leafed through the pages and pulled out a section that, in bold letters at the top, read Imperial social. “It was rumored the young Imperial princess might complete a challenge; I wonder if she got it done?” Ashley mused out loud. 

 

       The girls were quickly engrossed in the reading as I began to read as well. 

 

Imperial Tribue September 13, 3212 T.E. Mundness (mon).

 

VOID BEAST ATTACK!

 

       The eighteenth legion of the glorious Empire was dispatched from their fortress stronghold from outside of the city of Western Dawn. In the early hours, to answer the calls of help from imperial citizens. A pack ravaging Void beasts appeared through one of their portals near the town of Steppin’s hold. The four monsters we have come to find out took on the appearance of great black wolves taller than the surrounding trees. In Exalted Lord captain Yandis’s words, “They were great black wolfs and we feared the worst. But with the power of legion and the strength of my brothers I was never in doubt that we would put down these rampaging beasts.” Suffering partial casualties, the legion slew the monsters and claimed their corpses.

 

       “Sounds like the eighteenth lost half their numbers….” Rachel said.

        

“What makes you say that?”

 

       “If they use the word some, that means about a fifth was lost. Slight casualties about one quarter, partial about half and if it was a glorious victory, it could mean anywhere from half to all most all were lost. Generally speaking.”

 

-Join the imperial legion, become a hero to all citizens- six gold signing bonus. One gold a month.

 

Beast kin slaughtered.

 

       The southern western plains have long been the main battlefield against the feral beast kin. This mangy attack was rebuffed by the glorious Dimond Duke Albillac and the twelfth legion from the western city of Diamond. Unyielding as always, the slaughter of the enemy was complete, and many new slaves have been added to the glorious Empire.

 

More strife amongst the scattered kingdoms.

 

     The warring kingdoms are at it again. The small principalities to the northeast have once more entered open warfare internally. It is unclear who will be the victor in this ever-waging struggle. After only four years of peace, open fighting is once more raging across the fertile valleys. The three southern kingdoms’ hostilities began when king Alada was assassinated at his daughter’s wedding to the prince from the neighboring kingdom of Ashmont. It is believed the northern neighboring kingdom of Setten was responsible for the assassination of their southern neighbor due to the perceived slight of not marrying the daughter, Princess Tanya Alda, to their prince.

 

Princess Sahara Amelia sold.

 

       The second princess of the middle kingdom of Amelia was sold to the Exalted Viscount Harden of Eastern dawn. She will be the eighth young wife to join the esteemed Viscounts bed. She was sold for a bedding price of ten thousand gold in order for her father to raise more funds to fight in the current conflict. We wish the new wife all the best in fulfilling her husband’s desires.

 

Free isle pirates attack!

 

     Pirates attacked a transport ship filled with slave cargo off the notorious winter shores. Duke Wintershore’s Navy was Luckily in the vicinity during the attack. Through the heroic and valiant efforts of the Imperial Navy, the Free Isle scum were utterly destroyed to a man. The three ships of the free Isles stood no chance against the Imperial Navy destroyer. All the slave cargo destined for the port city of Gray storm was saved and successfully made it to auction.  

 

 

Imperial princess completes Sippsie’s second challenge???

 

       A wonderful piece of gossip has just come out of the Imperial palace that eight-year-old Princess Violette Tagin, the sixteenth daughter of the Emperor, has successfully completed Sippsie’s second challenge with her long-time playmate Alice, the daughter of the Exalted Duke Godfrey. May the God's Ack and the Goddess’s Alleystra and Sippsie forever bless the Imperial Family.

 

-New slaves, added every day, Hillbright’s slaves-

 

-Tired of the chaff? Best trained slaves in the capital! Cooks, maids, Artisans, and more! The Golden Collar is here to serve. –

 

- Useless slaves? Train them at maximum slave train school. -   

 

-Fallen nobility auction! The Platinum Shackle auction house is happy to announce that this month’s nobility auction will be held in six days on Dawning at our esteemed auction house. – 

       

       “It seems your fathers where mentioned?” I said as I finished reading the paper.

 

       “Oh, they are always mentioned being the heads of the territories that get attacked most often. I just wish they were paid accordingly.” Ashley said with a bemused laugh.

 

       “Yes, port winter shore is where the eastern Imperial navy sails from, the free isles are always attacking. And the beast kin cannot get large enough numbers over the Fang mountains in the south east, so they attack acrost the western plains, if they are not trying to take islands on the Sea of Stars.” Rachel added studiously.

 

       “Do the free isle’s not have slaves?” I asked, needing to know if there was somewhere slavery did not touch. 

 

       “Oh no, they have slaves and treat them horribly if the stories can be believed. They are called the free isle’s because they have no government and are just bands of pirates that claimed the isles. We can defend from them but sailing in the isle’s is complicated and each attempt to take them has been rebuffed. The only absolutely free lands are to the north, though it is a harsh land along the northern shores of the Ice Fang Sea.” 

 

       Ashley and Rachel looked at each other and nodded as we finished our breakfast. The conspiratorial glances were cute, and Rachel got up and went to her room and returned with a small box.

 

       “Since you were kind enough to get us meeting gifts, we thought it was only right that we get you something.” Ashley said while Rachel handed me the box. The girls looked eagerly at me as I opened the package.

 

       Inside was a beautiful pocket watch. The gold glitter and had vine patterns with leaves embossed on the front. A long silver chain with a clip hung from it. The watch was a 24-hour clock, and the numbers were delicate and silver. The hands were the hour minute, and second hands, just like on Earth. I used the identify Ability on it and got a notification.

 

       [ Pocket watch: Quality: Superb. Scarcity level: unique. This pocket watch is set to Imperial standard time. The fine mithril parts allow for an acceleration enchantment. Acceleration: movement speed is increased by three times for five minutes once a day.]  

 

       “This is wonderful, thank you. I was just thinking I needed a watch.” I said as I got up and knelt over both Ashley and Rachel and gave them a kiss.

 

       “I am so glad you like it.” Ashley said as I clipped the watch on and put it in my pocket.

 

       Just then, a knock came from the window that leads out onto the balcony.

 

 

46