The Imperial Eye. one.
1.8k 9 40
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The Imperial Eye. One. 

 

Grand Master of the Occulta Oculus; Exalted Earl Yveno Catacus.

 

    Exalted Lord Damian Hunter lounged in the day bed on one side of the Imperial void anomaly monitoring room. Robes clumping and clinging to the languid bored form of Damian was only mollified by the sweet grapes fed to him by his personal slave. She diligently placed the cool grapes in his mouth while pressing herself up against his back. 

 

    Delicate scrollwork and inlaid silver, gold with many other precious gems and metals adorned the table that took up the center of the room. Attendants, some human, others with only hints of their beast kin ancestry, had collars of gold and silver ringing their necks as they walked around the table. Ever vigilant, from the fear of punishment or even worse, missing a void creature incursion and dooming all within its path. 

 

    Barthos eyed Damian surreptitiously. ‘By Roxclou serving arms, he’s one of the laziest ass holes. At least he is only allowed to bother us if we miss a mana flare.’ He thought while he surveyed the northeast of the Empire. His designated zone; a section along the mountains that bordered the scattered kingdoms farther to the north, between the great city of Eastern Dawn and the winter coast fortress at the Sanguis pass.

 

    ‘Poor girl, I hope he doesn’t bind her mana pool to him… there was that. It couldn’t be…yes.’ Barthos thought as a swirl of black, blue, white, and gold spun for a moment on the map. The slight tornado-like flare denoted much and nothing. The mana flare and disruption indicative of void creatures was always a mass of black with hints of the other colors; sometimes, they spun for a full minute before dying down. These multiple color flares were the worst for the higher-ups; they could mean anything from a small void creature to some other powerful monster forming. 

 

    ‘That, however, is not my problem….’ Barthos thought while he raised his hand in the air, signaling for a replacement to take his spot while he filled out the report. Noting the precise location of the flare, or as precise as the map would tell, he left to fill the report. Being replaced by Nora, Bathos walked to the far wall to fill out his report. 

 

    Head bowed nearly horizontally, Barthos held the report outstretched to Damion, “Exalted Lord Damion, I have made a report.”

 

    “And…” Damion drawled out, reaching out and taking the report and setting it with a few others. 

 

    ‘Goddess, is he drunk… he’s not supposed to be drunk, even a little.’ Barthos thought as he said, “The size and duration of the anomaly was a one-star flare-up, but it did have all denoted colors, so it is marked as two stars with a possible follow-up needed.”

 

    “Right…Right…standard…standard…Back to work.” Damion drawled once more at Barthos. His opening maw taking another grape, paying no more mind to the demi-human. 

 

    Walking back to his position, Barthos paid no more mind to his report, his job done; now, he needed to avoid being punished. 

 

    There the report lay atop his brethren. Doing his best to avoid the spatters of juices being flung by the chomping maw of the creature. Time passed uncounted by the report, as other brothers were added to their growing number. 

 

    Soon soft hands picked up the report carrying it through the air. Lights changed, and the closing and opening of many doors did little to relieve the confusion of the report. He was lain on a table where the jovial face of another creature copied his information, giving form to two other brothers. 

 

    Under the glow of candlelight, the original report found himself tucked into a folder, hidden from the world. A dark home for him to rest.  

 

    The two copies of the report continued their mission, whatever that was; Carried by two different hands. Through more doors, more changing lights, until they rested atop the desks of more owners of the faces. On top of more of their kind, they waited, ready at a moment’s notice to fulfill their mission.

 

    Yveno Catacus walked into his office. The room set aside for the head of the Occulta Oculus glowed with polished age. His desk, carved from fine Dalbergia wood, inlaid with golden sun wood, bore the Imperial flag on the front and sides. The eye of the order hiding on the corners. 

 

    “I am going over reports, do not disturb me unless the emperor needs something himself.” He said coldly to his slave secretary. The elf from the star clan was passible to him. He enjoyed her body, and she did an adequate job for him as well. 

 

    “Yes, Exalted Master,” Aryanna said head bowed as she sat behind her desk. She was so thankful for her job and being owned by such a powerful Lord. She had experienced the hand of a cruel master once, at least more crewel than her current one, and she never wanted to be owned by someone like that again. 

 

    Door closing behind him, Yveno sat in his chair and kicked up his feet onto the desk that cost more than some Baronies. Reaching over, he grabbed the smaller than usual stack of reports.  

 

    “Hum… Let’s see here…Three-star threat from a monster formation in the central regen. King Ashmont’s son is to marry king Alada’s daughter. I hope those fools of the scattered kingdoms can stay peaceful for a few more years.” Yveno said, setting the papers in their respective places on his desk.

    “One-star mana flare along the fang sea. Beast kin armies mobilizing on the western plains again. A two-star flare of…Every type…This can’t be right…The northeast of the Empire? Nothing ever happens there… I’ll need to send an agent to investigate. What city is near there, Laga’vast…That would be Exalted Barron Isaac Placidus.” Yveno said out loud to himself, sitting up and making a note in his logbook.  

 

    On the far end of the Imperial palace, the Exalted Marquess Anducor Tascius, Grandmaster of the Imperial Arcana Elevatum, magical head advisor to Emperor Amuilius Tagin, sank his massive form into the sofa that acted as his desk chair. Long ago, he had grown far too large for ordinary chairs. Slumping back on the oversized cushions and pillows, he watched his new slave girl lasciviously.

 

    “Bring my reports!” Anducor commanded at the other slaves in the room. Adjusting his robe so it fell open, allowing for the cool air of the room to chill the perspiration that collected along his folds. 

 

    Two of his bonded mana pools came over with reports in their hands. “Read them to me!” Anducor commanded before the fool girls got the idea to hand them to him. As they read, he watched the bent-over form of his new slave arranging food on the table in front of him. 

 

    The Leo’ness was almost too much beast kin for his tastes. But the firm tone flesh of her backside had convinced him to try her, at least for a time. “A three-star monster formation in the central regen, my most loved of masters.” The first of his bonds said, her sheer wrap unable to draw his eye from his new toy. 

 

    “Send a warning to whoever is up that way; I’m sure they will care,” Anducor said, groping at his bond elf slave. 

 

    After his wanderings, she got to her feet, and her bond sister took her place and read, “There are several one-star flares of no note; there is a two-star flare of every color, though.” She said, draping herself across Anducor’s bulk and holding the report in front of him. 

 

    “Odd, it could be anything. I’m sure that fool Yveno will send someone. I will offer to advise him at our council lunch.” Anducor said, his eyes still fixed on the submissively presented Demi human Leo’ness. 

 

    “One last thing, my truest love master, the Archmage of the college, still wants your thoughts on his most recent project.” The second elf bond whispered in his ear.

 

    “Yes…Yes…Remind me tomorrow, I will write him. Now…You worthless cat, come and show me what you can do!” He said, his voice turning commanding and cruel.   

    

    Hours later, after the sounds of mewling and whimpers faded amongst the wet slaps, Anducor pulled himself from his engagement. Heading through his apartment in the imperial palace, he made his way to his lunch with the Emperor.  

 

    Even headed in the same direction, all be it from the opposite side of the palace. He had, like his counterpart on the council, had taken his relief in the body of Aryanna. Though, as with all things done by him, it was born of efficacy and lacked the cruel hand Anducor loved so much. Leaving Aryanna bent over his desk, he left the star elf to her own devices for his time with the Emperor. 

 

    Glass doors gave way to the splendid garden overlook where the three most powerful men of the Empire met regularly. Yveno seeing the Emperor already seated, said, “Exalted Imperial majesty, wonderful to see you again.” 

 

    “Yveno good as always to see you,” Amuilius said to the short-cut brown hair and trim figure of his spymaster.

 

    Sitting at the table, the doors once more opened, Allowing for the bulk of Anducor to waddle in. “Exalted Emperor, truly a pleasure.”

 

    “Come and sit, Anducor; how are the Exalted mages this day?” The ringed hand of Amuilius gestured to Anducor’s oversized chair. 

 

    The table was set in fine mithril plates, and the transparent windows overlooked the royal gardens. The slave attendants moved like ghosts, making no sound. Their invisibility was only heightened by their translucent attire. Soft pink and creamy skin moved plates of food and poured wine. The Delicate gestures of the elf and Demi-human slave’s serving to provide another perfect lunch for their overlords and masters. 

 

    “The Exalted ones are most well, content and happy as always in the bosom of the Empire,” Anducor said, food finding its way to his engorged lips. 

 

    “As expected, Tell me Yveno any news?”

 

    “No, my lord northing concerning. An odd report was given of a two-star full spectrum anomaly, but I have dispatched instructions. It will start being investigated in the morning.”

 

    “Full spectrum, you say, keep me updated.”

 

    “As you command my Exalted Emperor.”

 

    “What of the beast kin savage?” Amuilius said, drinking from the mithril laced champagne flute that kept the excellent drink always tickling with bubbles. 

 

    “It appears their army is on the move again or getting ready to move,” Yveno said while signaling one of the Demi-human orc women to massage his shoulders while he ate. 

 

    “Does Duke Albillac’s twelfth legion have everything it needs?” Amuilius said, gesturing to a small gnome girl to crawl under the table and rub his feet. 

 

    “The twelfth is quite well provisioned and well guided by Exalted Duke Albillac. He is aware that you want more captured for enslavement. He advised that he would even raid into their lands farther than before to make acquisitions.” The weary-lined face Yveno said, chewing on a nighen cucumber, letting the relaxing effect of the cool plant and the massage wash some of his worries away. 

 

    “Good…Good…Anducor, your daughter is serving quite well. The Goddess Alleystra and Sippsie would be most proud.” The Emperor said, a twisted, happy smile on his face. 

 

    The same twisted smile greeted him from Anducor as he spoke, “I am so pleased that Addison could serve your Majesty; there is no one I would share her more gladly with than you.” 

 

    “Your daughter Cassandra is proving to be a delightful addition as well, Yveno.”

 

    “I am pleased my fourth daughter can serve his Excellency.” 

 

    “Are you still partaking of your slaughter, your majesty?” Anducor asked after a few moments of his pleasurable remembering’s.

 

    “Yes, it is the only way to get stronger. I do hope they brought me more than level 30 monsters this time.” 

 

    “I do wish we could go back into the dungeon-like the old days.” Anducor reminisced.

 

    “Those were the days, nothing but magic and blade and all the levels in the world waiting for the taking.” Yveno agreed.

 

    “I almost think it would be faster, though slaying the subdued monsters is far easier. And leaves me more time for more pleasurable pursuits.” Amuilius said, chuckling.

 

    The three continued to eat and drink, letting the slaves tend to their ever-growing needs. The sun had moved well past their usual meeting time, as they talked of dungeon levels conquered and conquests of every other kind. 

 

    

 

All right thank you for reading and to all my supporters out there.

 

This is the start of some of the other POV’s. Hopefully, I can round out the plot more and create greater character depth.

 

Tell me what you think of the chapter.

       

Spoiler

The next POV will be of Sarah, the priestess of Amara, then the maybe the dungeon and Sasha right before she met Eric.

 

[collapse]
40