Chapter 9: Workup A Sweat
2.2k 0 12
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Shortly after her last lecture it started to rain. The wind kept steady, but the endless drizzle danced across the university amid a darkened opaque skyline. Lightning could be felt in the distance, each strike carrying an abundance of static discharge. Keri stood at the doorway of the science buildings and watched the storm pass with a mild interest. Ever since she was young she had a fascination with storms, often studying cloud buildups hoping to see a funnel cloud take root. She once heard about bands of collective adventurers who hunted the most violent of storms, simply to observe their chaotic brilliance and capture them on film. She wondered how they could accomplish that, traveling the world between the cities? How did they avoid the soulless? 

She scanned the mixing clouds, spying on them intently as if hoping to discover a secret they held. Nothing came of it. If it wasn’t for what glanced the corner of her eye she probably would’ve remained fixated on the rain for hours until it finally stopped. She turned her gaze and saw someone she recognized but hadn’t had the luxury to meet. She knew his name, it was hard for her to forget.

Zachary Hughs, A tall slender sophomore with golden hair and a studded jaw. He was laughing with a small band of what must have been his brothers. He was the new up and coming quarterback for the House of Contact. She knew it was him, she saw him on ads for the college games but never in person. He was gorgeous! Her eyes practically glued on to him as he walked past her. He was tall, slim, and burned with confidence. There seemed to be a glow casted from his wavy hair, although it was probably just her imagination. She never met someone she wanted to say hello to so badly. She watched as they walked outside and through the rain…toward the workout center. 

Keri looked into her own satchel, she did keep a spare pair of workout clothes. She always kept a spare just in case she had the urge to workup a sweat. She remembered the garter digging into her stomach and was reminded that she couldn’t take it off. Her eyes darted toward the workout center just a block away, then down her shirt at the linen bra. Just as she was about to abandon the decision to follow him there was a commotion behind her. It was enough to make he turn around and look. Behind her, just past the crowd, she saw what looked like another young woman stripping the pants of someone…

It was another Rachelle, and not just any Rachelle, but Sena Fuller. Sena was a fellow pawn as well, and on behalf of a senior next to her she was about to provide a brand of sexual pleasure Keri had already been exposed too. Keri swallowed as she bore witness to another day in the life of a Rachelle pawn. To her surprise Sena didn’t seem phased, in fact she was even exchanging words with the guy! It was almost as if…she was enjoying herself. Her hand unbuttoned her white shirt, exposing her creamy flesh. Sena’s thick ginger hair blossomed past her shoulders and rested against her tender mounds.

Keri Pryde didn’t want to stick around to watch, or catch the notice of the senior sister. If the senior Rachelle knew there were two pawns to play with…well she perished the thought. 

Keri turned around and exited the building as non-discrete as possible. The rain was warm as it soaked into the lace stockings. Thankfully the gym building only a short jog away. By the time she arrived she was coated in water, her chestnut hair was matted and covering her eyes. 

Once inside she looked around, the workout center had a plethora of options to work up a sweat. Private facilities for recreational sports, tracks, lifting equipment, not to mention a large pool. It had two floors, but she rarely visited the second because it only featured a running track that ran along the outline of the building. 

Unlike the gym back home, this one actually had separate locker and shower rooms. It was a luxury she greatly enjoyed. She hoped the it would be empty and gave a breathe of relief to find it barren. She took note of what Julie had commanded her, to wear a skirt and keep the lingerie on. She removed her blouse and threw on a tank top. Of course it was easy to tell she was wearing something very crude underneath, but at least she couldn’t show off all her goods this way. Julie ruined her day, but she wasn’t going to ruin her workout. And maybe, just maybe, she would catch a sighting of Zachary while here…

Whats the worst that can happen? She wondered to herself. Maybe Zach would notice? Maybe she wanted him to notice her? Her cheeks were blushing just thinking about him!

Once she felt comfortable enough she made her way to the primary fitness area. Her eyes immediately spied on the bench press’s and peck fly machines, but then she thought better of it. She didn’t want to position herself in any way that would allow it easy to see up her skirt. She resigned herself to the large row of dumbbells arrayed on the forward wall. She looked around but didn’t see Zach. Keri scanned the room briefly, not trying to catch anyones attention, but couldn’t find that handsome man anywhere. Maybe she was mistaken, or maybe he went to the pool area instead? 

Regardless she picked up a pair of twenty five pound weights and worked on her biceps and triceps. She decided she would do at least five sets before moving to something else. Of course several of the jocks noticed her, some couldn’t keep their eyes off of her. There were a few winks here, a couple show off flexes there, she couldn’t deny she liked the attention. It was actually kind of flattering. She remained fixated on the wall, or the dumbbells. Only occasionally did someone try to tease her that she actually was tempted to signal something back. 

She never had so many guys try to win her attention before. By the time she completed her third set she already had four guys fawning for her. She had no way of knowing which fraternity house they belonged to, but they each tried to earn her affection in some way. The only one that almost worked, stressing almost, was the rather bulky athlete who wanted to challenge her to an arm wrestling match. Surprisingly he actually knew her by name, apparently he had seen her boxing match online! 

He even addressed her as Vixi, and then flirted with her by saying how much hotter she was in person. She let the wall around her inner defenses to cave in and decided that somehow, she actually liked him. 

His name was Brutus Abernathy, and he would become the first male friend she would have on campus and possibly the first male friend since…Johnathan.

Brutus was dark skinned sophomore, with a barrel shaped body that was mostly muscle, and thick armed. He could’ve been a football player but didn’t seem to enjoy the sport. She imagined he would probably have a portly face if he didn’t workout, as of now it was a strong oval with dull cheekbones and a pudgy nose. He had a small dark beard that grew down his neck. But his charming disposition and barrel laugh caught her whimsically by surprise. 

“I can’t believe I’m talking to the ‘Vixen’ in the flesh, you were a killer in the ring! Even though it was only one match, you were a fucking killer! I can’t believe you gave it up,” He obviously had no idea about her present day circumstances. 

“I’m just impressed anyone knows about that!” She crossed her arms hoping to keep his eyes to her face, “But you have me at a disadvantage, you are?” 

He laughed realizing how awkward he was, one hand instantly went to rub the back of his neck, “Sorry, my bad, Brutus! My name is Brutus, but you can call me Brute…all my friends call me Brute. Or at least my brothers do.” He seemed suddenly embarrassed.

Keri returned the smile without realizing it, he was kinda cute in his own way when he was embarrassed, “Good to meet cha Brute,” she exposed her lower tier slang hoping to show he could relax, “And if it matters, I don’t think you look like a Brute. Brutus is a much better boxing name.”

He seemed pleased with that, “Really? Well maybe you could show me some of your technique? Theres an active petition on campus to start a boxing club! Maybe we can participate as a team! Your speed and my awesome strength, how could we lose?”

Keri considered that with mild interest. He didn’t know it but she had some unpleasant scars that would disband that hope. But she could show him a few moves, she could do that much. She pretended she didn’t notice his wondering eyes prying down her shirt, and felt a surge of excitement knowing he was attracted to her. She was learning that she liked receiving such attention, it was a strange revelation. 

She nodded to him and pointed to a a pair of forty five pounders, “Would yo mind being a spotter? I need to work on my shoulders.” She could have offered to return the favor but knew he was getting something out of it on its own. 

She sat on the bench, careful to not expose herself, while Brutus eagerly stood behind her. He kept a small distance but he needed to lean in in order to help steady her arms as she clenched the handle of both dumbbells. Strict shoulder presses required steady hands, firm grips, and calculated movements. After the first few reps her arms were shaking, and Brutus used his hands to help guide them without providing any additional effort. She could smell his cologne, it stung her senses so he definitely needed to use less of it. 

His body exuded strength as he towered over her, providing motivation as she felt her muscles burn. Her shoulders were locking out slower with each repetition, and she studied her technique with the mirror in front of her. Brutus was hiding his inner excitement as he leaned in a little too closely. His hands glided from her elbows to her triceps. Just as she felt like she couldn’t keep up the reps her arms collapsed and she leaned back. His hands clutched at her sides just below the armpits, fingers pressed against the edges of her bra. She could feel his palms pressing into her abdomin, and interestingly he was reluctant to release his grip. 

She looked up at him, “Am I distracting you,” she teased. 

With that he let go, suddenly realizing his mistake and scratched the back of his neck, “Sorry, my bad.” His ridiculous smile barely disguised the grin.

Keri let go of the dumbbells, letting them impact the floor with a thud. She stretched her arms and looked to the side. There he was, Zach was strolling into the main room with a large ball in one hand, and a couple of brothers trailing behind. She immediately looked away, which she suddenly felt was weird. She never felt so shy before. 

“Hey could you do me a favor?” She stood up from the bench, and turned around to face Brutus.

“Sure,” he seemed to recompose himself.

“Do you mind putting these back? I need to clean up but it was great meeting you.”

“It was my pleasure, and hey maybe you could give me your number? So we could spare sometime? Or if you ever need a spotter?”

Keri’s new phone was very sparse for contacts. She put her fingers to her chin as if pondering the request. To which Brutus quickly responded too in a not so confident way.

“Or I mean if if you want to, I’m sure you have better things to do than teach some upstart like me. Sorry if I’m pressing,” He stammered. 

So this is what its like to tease and hang them out to dry? She wondered what had came over her and sighed. One look at his pleading eyes made it impossible to dismiss him, “Ok, but just one thing.”

“Sure name it!” It amused her how surprised and relieved he sounded.

“Don’t apologize, its not very attractive. And I would really like it if you spotted me again, maybe tomorrow?” She handed him a small note after penning her number to it. He accepted eagerly.

Whatever storm of chaos was going on in his head he seemed to regroup fairly quickly, but definitely not decisively. “Sure, absolutely! Just, um — yeah same time same place?” 

Keri looked at the clock on the wall and agreed with a wink, “see you tomorrow Brutus.” 

She looked back half across the room and noticed he was grinning like a five year old on Christmas. What was she doing? She’s never done anything like that before? Maybe Julie put some magic spell on her underwear. 

She couldn’t shower, but luckily she hadn’t worked up that much of a sweat. She put on the top she had earlier, along with her jacket. Her shoulders were numb and she liked that feeling. It was the feeling of accomplishment after doing something physical. But of course had she not had to wear this ridiculous outfit she would have pushed her self far harder, and far longer.

It was impossible for her to process what had just happened, Instead she was focused on trying to catch up to Zach. Maybe she could run into him outside? But only if she hurried? 

12