Chapter 28— Insights
6 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

<Chapter 28— Insights>

The old man concentrated all his strength in his legs, and soon, the ground crumbled as he vanished on the spot.

Cayle looked around his surroundings fully but still failed to see the old man's figure. Before he could react, he was sent flying by a punch, and his body bounced back after hitting a bench on the side.

Aack… It was truly painful. It was like being struck by a strong object, and since he wasn't the same as that time when he fought the Orc's, his eyes watered a little, before the pain rushed into his body.

The old man couldn't believe his eyes… Is he acting or not? He felt a strange fear earlier when he confronted the youth, but now, his atmosphere change, and he seemed truly powerless… Like I thought, I shouldn't have spoiled the missy. It wasn't that he resents the youth, the one he's serving for just ordered him to do it. In the beginning, he already realized that the youth wasn't a bad person, after all, he was helping his master in the thought of her as a lost child….

Unfortunately, the missy took it as a mockery… The old man liked the youth, however, he can't do anything about letting him go. It's not for him to decide, instead, the decision was to his master.

The young miss was a daughter of the richest noble, the Arknight. If he were to disobey, he would be doomed. Not only would he get fired from his job, but he'll also never be able to find a new job again due to the strong connection the Arknight had.

The old man kept dashing with his feet as fast as lightning while circling around the youth. Cayle couldn't keep up with the old man's speed, so he decided to change his tactic. Without thinking ahead, he dragged his forward, while his eyes were fully locked to the missy, the old man was trying to protect earlier.

Just what is he doing? Even he didn't know the answer. For some reason, even though he kinda felt irritated about the fact of him cowering, his body moved before he could think. Sure, if it was him when he had unlimited stamina, he could at least put up a fight. No, to be precise, it's also even possible he could beat the hell out of the old man. After all, when he was in that state, he couldn't feel any pain, nor feel his strength weakening.

And also, there was one thing he was furious about. After he left floor 3, he forgot to look at his stats, and adjust his strength.

I bet I've accumulated tons of contribution points, and level now. Since he had almost massacred everyone on floor 3, then his level and contribution points must be reaching their end now… Just how many contribution points have I've accumulated now. He was so curious, that it made him felt he should end the punny fight quickly.

Unfortunately, he didn't have the time to dwell further into thinking. The old man soon stopped circling around him and leaped forward. His eyes that resembled a ferocious beast, gave him the feeling of a monster on the peak of all being..

Daamn… If only my stamina was unlimited just like the other time. Before he knew it, he was desperately asking for the other conscious to wake up. Even though he didn't want to admit it, he actually badly wanted to rely on it, since it was stronger than him.

***

The old man was anticipating such a situation, before cornering the running mouse. The youth continued running, even though the old man himself wasn't attacking yet.

And why he wasn't attacking? The answer is simple. He was actually afraid to. For some reason, whenever his gaze landed upon the youth, the strands of his hair always stood up in fright.

He was kind of curious what kind of beast was hiding inside the youth, however, he couldn't afford to wake it up. What if it suddenly came out when he was about to launch an attack. If the youth was really hiding a trump card, then he'll surely be doomed.

What's more, there was someone witnessing their battle unfolded. That was none other than the little miss he was serving. If he lost right here, he'll definitely leave a bad impression on the little miss, and might get fired from his job. There were tons of blood relatives he was helping out, he can't afford to lose his job just for a petty reason.

After gaining the advantage of the landscape, the old man made sure his every preparation was complete, before leaping forward....

His hand assumed a blade form before it bubbled up of flame made of purely mana. The flame was hot that it almost burned the old man's fist, it was one of his trump cards.

… Like his mind, he had no idea why he was releasing such a powerful attack. He wanted to stop his attack and wished for the youth to run, but to his misfortune, the youth suddenly stopped running. His eyes filled with anger.

"Hey! Do you wish to die! Hurry up and run!" The old man screamed on top of his lungs just to warn the youth, however, he was still motionless standing in his two feet.

The lady narrowed her gaze, as she stared at her butler with entire resentment. She wants him to beat up the youth, and yet it seemed like her butler was even planning on going easy on it, and letting it go…

"I'll report you to my father if you don't finish this…" With her cold voice, the lady glared at the old man's back, before he shivered in cold sweats. If he loses his job, who would feed his niece? The old man hesitated for a second before branding his resolve.

"Forgive me youth. Once you've survived this one, I'll treat you some goodie if ya ended up living, just stay alive that is…"

The old man was sincerely asking for forgiveness…

How kind of him, to sincerely ask for forgiveness for someone he's about to murder...

2