Chapter 29— Floor 3
6 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

<Chapter 29— Floor 3>

There was one thing Cayle realized after entering the dungeon…

He was actually been relying too much on the other conscious and strange power in his body.

… And, out of all, the floor in the dungeon was still cloaked in mystery.

He was wondering how the hell it was even created, but although his head was full of questions, there was no one who could answer him.

Actually, he had guessed in his mind. For some reason, the strange power that often flows in his body, and the system which helps him grows stronger was kind of strange. Like as if, they were all dancing on a palm of someone else control. Even his fight with the goblins, nor all his other battles. It feels more like it was all planned.

… That even his meeting with Leon, was a fate itself. Just like how he coincidentally met Cait inside the dungeon, and how he grew stronger. For sure, there was a mastermind behold all of his questions…

But the main question is who?

As the old man's palm-like blade was approaching his face at a fast pace, a grin soon shaped up in Cayle's face…

And to confirm his wonders, he had to take risk…

If the root of all was really watching him, then he'll surely take action and save Cayle from the life and death situation, however, if it was false, and it was his strength all along, then he's sure is doomed.

Not only he'll receive the strike, right on his face, he might also die.

What a crazy move this way… if it was him back from his previous life, he wouldn't have done such a risky thing. Out of all, he was utterly scared about the fact of dying, so why would he wish for death itself? Wasn't it the same as embracing death? He'd rather not do it if he wished to, however, that was the past him. The Cayle in the present grew strong due to the battles he's been to, and all the trials he had managed to defeat through effort alone…

No one handed him anything. Sure, the strange power helped him grow stronger, as well the system, however, since it already became his power, he fully accepted all of it, and decided to become part of it.

Now, I wonder what you would do… Embracing the flaming fist approaching him, he felt like he's about to meet his demise.

Is this how it feels to confront death? There was excitement, and despair roaring inside his heart at the same time.

When the fist was about to reach a nick of his skin, the clear blue sky suddenly vibrated in terror. The clouds which as white as an empty paper was now cloaked in darkness.

And, all of the sudden, a small black hole appeared between Cayle's feet. He could see the infinite void flowing within the black hole.

Without even a second, his whole body was immediately sucked inside the black hole, before his body vanished without a sight…

***

The old man didn't have a second and decided to charge forward with steeled resolved. Although the youth didn't do anything bad to them, he had no choice but to beat him up till death due to one he's serving, order.

If he didn't do it, his life will be over….

Just the memory of his lovely niece who lost their families on war ached in his heart, that he no longer had the desired to show mercy on his opponent…

As soon he brought his hand shaped in blade forward, with an intent to literally kill the youth, his gaze landed on the youth's face as he wore a devil-like frightening smile…

It's like facing a second Leon, whom he used to watch on the battlefield. The youth carried a sinister smile, as he confronts death.

All of the sudden, he suddenly had the urge to stop his hand, however, it was already too late since his hand was only a few inches away from the youth's skin…

… However, as soon his hand was about to sever the youth's head in half, the mighty blue sky suddenly vibrated in a heavy atmosphere. The clouds spritely dashed away, and soon, the whole sky became cloud in entirely darkness. He averted his eyes to the youth for a second to look to the sky, and when he shifted it back to the youth, the youth was already nowhere to be seen..

***

As soon the black hole appeared down between Cayle's knees, a weird suction rushed over and sucked him totally and completely. It was a nice escape.

Cayle really thought that he was doomed, if not for the fact that someone was really watching over him, then he would have his head rolling in the ground earlier if all his theories are wrong.

… But, still.

Like I thought, I was right on the money. Like Cayle had guessed, someone is really watching over him. Even though he did it with his life on the line, the theories he builds up until now were all answered.

But two questions still remained clouded in mystery… What is he/she trying to accomplish from helping him, and is he/she scheming for something?

Even though the mysterious person helped him, he still doesn't know whether it was only using him for its plan or just helping him out, since it took a liking to him..

Well, either way, out of all, I'm sure of one thing… The one who's helping him up until now won't make a move to put his life at risk. So, at the confrontation of life and death, he had nothing to be afraid of…

It's not that he wanted to rely on it, but just, since it's helping him out, he might as well use it as an advantage on everything.

It's like having a portable assistance, when someday in the future he was put in danger again, he would be saved by it in the nick of time. The fact that he didn't consider is whether it might stop helping him one day, is the only thing that didn't floated up into his mind.

"Now that I thought about it, where am I now?" After he got sucked into a black hole, his eyes were forcibly closed. He didn't literally opened it, in fear that something dangerous might come out.

2