Chapter 31— Lost Ruins
11 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

<Chapter 31— Lost Ruins>

"You said the floor 3 was acting weird because someone might have entered inside?" Leon spoke with little doubts in his tone. No matter how he thought of it, it's impossible to have someone challenge it unless a sane b*stard that he knew see it.

"Just as you said."

"Krkrl…" Leon chuckled oh so grandly, "Has the Lycan made it's move?"

Lycan, the monster he had once defeated on floor 3. He could proudly say, it's one of the toughest he had fought so far. Even him had a tough time fighting such a thing, so how the hell someone dared to fight it.

Lycan was the mythical creature on the floor 3. A wolf who climbed up to the pinnacle, and managed to assume the human form, becoming the strongest, and mightest wolf to be ever born.

In his youth, he defeated the Lycan after 10 years of preparation. After all, it was a mythical creature whose even the lord's deemed to treat as a threat.

"Still no movement Guild Master."

"I see…," It's been a few years ever since the floor 2 became undefeated that they've been surveilling the two-dimension. However, there were still no leads upon invading, nor how the monsters respawned.

They've been researching over it for generations, the floor Leon had traveled so far is floor 8, although he didn't manage to defeat the floor, he was able to get out through special means.

Everywhere around the globe, there were all dungeons. The dungeons had the same trials as the one their town has. Although it was a strange thing adventurer's never met each other inside, the dungeon was still cloaked in mystery.

I wonder what lies on the very last floor. The dungeons contain many floors that even him didn't know where it ended. Strange thing to say, he had already got used to it, after all, before he was even born, the dungeons were already constructed everywhere.

Even the person who created it was also a mystery. And thus, the reason, why he created it.

Truth be told, even Leon was scared of the dungeon. He hasn't even risen to the very top, and yet, he was already forced to stepped down, at the floor 8. Even though he was kind of curious, what lies inside the floor 9, he couldn't afford to take the risk and challenge. He might have passed the floor 8 by special means, but if he were to fail at the floor 9, it'll cost his life.

It wasn't worth the challenge…

But, now that Leon thought of it, it seemed like he's forgetting something important, just a few seconds ago…

Wait, did something important even happened to him in the first place…

Rather than happened, is there something even troubling him earlier…?

Oh… that was it! Leon immediately recalled the problem with Cayle. He just found him a few days ago, and he was already gone.

Just what the hell is wrong with that youth. Leon bit his nails in frustration. Although he hated to admit it, Cayle was actually the greatest found he had ever seen. He's like a gem rare to find, he found him glowing in the middle of voidness…

"Do your everything to find my disciple. I will never acknowledge failure. No matter how hard it'll be, even if you guys have to puke blood, if failure deemed to show itself, I shall take your lives in exchange for failure." The clumsiness in his atmosphere was no longer there. Indeed, this is the Leon that they know.

The soldier and the assassin immediately turned their backs to leave, leaving alone the troubled Leon on his unfinished business, the meal.

"Sigh… Just how far do you want me to suffer, Cayle." It's only been a few days since they found him after embarking onto floor 2 without preparation, and here again, he's already nowhere to be found.

Just how ungrateful is he… Bringing trouble one after another. Now Leon started to wonder whether his meeting with the youth was a blessing or not. Ever since he met the youth, troubles began to piled up one after another, so, at some point, he's beginning to wonder what kind of identity the youth has.

Now that he thought about it, the youth never told him where he came from…

Leon softly massaged his chin, before frowning forward…

Well, I'll just ask him myself once we found him. Although it struck him with great interest, he'll found not a single clue without the said person around. Leon decided to leave it for later.

***

"H, hey… I think you're misunderstanding something. I never intended to commit suicide- hey, stop dragging me!"

"Shut yer trap!"

An Asian man with his hair dyed in entirely darkness, was being dragged on the ground by a barbarian figure.

Even though Cayle told them that he never really intended to kill himself, they never believed him even one bit...

Who would? The person itself put himself into a dangerous situation, and even tried to stand still on top of the clocktower.

Just who in their insane mind would believe that the youth never intended to kill himself. If not for the fact they made it in time, the youth would have already had lost his balance and fell off the clocktower.

Good thing they managed to react immediately and take action, or else the youth would have his head exploded from falling with his head first.

...As soon they arrived in a prison cell, the barbaric figure threw him inside, before glaring at the youth with eyes of pity.

"Although this is a place for criminals and you're not one, stay here and reflect to your action." Before he even finished his words, he immediately left the place after locking the prison cell without even taking a few glance at the youth.

Cayle watched the barbarian's back vanished from the distance before letting out a grand sigh…

… Just how the hell did the situation became like this.

After being teleported into a dangerous situation, he was even thrown in prison. Even though it was much better than fighting a swarm of monsters he had imagined in his mind, the problem now was, how he would get out of this place...

2