Chapter 32.3— Artifacts-04
8 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

<Chapter 32.3— Artifacts-04>

 

Now, how should he deal with this old man? Should he try approaching the old man with the power of money, or just beat him up to death. Honestly, he wanted to choose the latter. For some reason, this old man in front of him pissed him off so much, that he felt like he wanted to take a piss over the sleeping old man. 

 

Before Cayle could carry on what on his thought, the old man suddenly awakened from his deep slumber, before rubbing his eyes while gazing to the youth looking at him, with really cold eyes.

 

The old man struggled to get up from the floor he was sleeping, before taking out something on his pocket.

 

“Here.” The old man actually handed him a half-eaten bread. The bread looks old from it’s texture alone.

 

How kind of him, caring over the youths that were going to become the new generations.

 

Krwururu…..

As if it was the most obvious thing, Cayle’s tummy began rumbling in hunger. Now that he thought about it, it’s been a really, really long time since he last ate a food. Was it before he died on his previous life? For some reason, the memory was kind of blurry, and he couldn’t get a picture of it.

 

Without hesitating, Cayle immediately stretched out his hand in attempt to grab the food being shove over his face. Why would he reject a blessing? As long as he can fill his rumbling tummy, it doesn’t matter how low he would fell…..

 

And, the old man itself wasn’t really a bad person too. He was even giving him a bread right now. The corner of Cayle’s eyes moistened for a little bit, before he wiped it away. Next time such a thing happens again, he will never make the same mistake again.

 

The old man tilted his head, as he saw the youth salivating towards his bread. When the youth’s hand was about to touch the bread, the old man immediately deflected it with his hand.

 

“Hands off, this is my property!”

 

“Eheii, old man~ Ain’t ya givin it to me earlier? Why give me such a hard time? Was it because I treated you, oh-so-rudely earlier? Please forgive this youngster, it’s just, the world I’ve seen wasn’t that enough to give off the importance of life. However, now that you’ve reminded me how important life is, I now understand what you’re trying to tell me~” Cayle formed an elegant smile, however due to his average looks, the smile in his imagination wasn’t as what he’s currently showing in front the old man. Rather, it looked malicious, and evil as if he was scheming something bad as an antagonist, not a protagonist.

 

The old man flinched a little, before he shoved back the bread over his pocket.

 

Like a beast in heat, Cayle leaped forward out of hunger over the old man, but, as soon his distance with the old man became inches away, the old man hastily grabbed his neck before K.O’ing him, like a pro wrestler.

 

***

 

“That was a foolish thing to do, young lad.” 

 

After waking up from hearing the rather irritated voice of the old man, Calye found himself tied like a masochist. It seemed like after he lost conscious, the old man tied him down, in thought of him someone who’s brain not right in the head.

 

But, what confused him wasn’t the thought of him being tied up as if he was about to be interrogated, instead, the fact that the old man managed to make him lost consciousness just from a single strike. 

 

He didn’t even lost consciousness when he was struck by an Ogre, and even bounced like a rubber ball tons of times, yet, the old man K.O’d him without even a minute.

 

Just what the hell is his identity. Confusion was all over his face, that the old man cackled rather wryly after seeing it.

 

“My identity doesn’t matter, may I know the reason why you suddenly jumped right at me, young lad?”

 

As if it was the most obvious thing in the world, the old man didn’t revealed his identity, as if he had read the lad’s mind.

 

What a scary thing that was. 

 

Cayle shivered for a moment, before his body trembled like nothing before. Even when facing tons of Goblins, he held his head high, but in front of this unknown old man, he was rendered useless and was shrinking in image like an ant about to get stepped at, in front of a human.

 

Although it pained him to admit it, he really do want to admit that the old man in front of him is truly something his level cannot fight after.

 

But what about when he doesn’t feel pain? 

 

Probably, he could last for a few minutes or so on, but, that’s the end of it.

 

The old man hasn’t even shown his strength, and even tho he was caught off guard, it was still impossible to make him go to the dreamland unless the said opponent has really had a power that could oppose the gods.

 

Cayle glared before the old man, while his whole body was tied up into something he couldn’t see.

 

Was it magic? It wasn’t surprising anymore if it is. After all, this was the so-called another world, that even he didn’t know the origin, existed for real.

 

He didn’t even know where the magic came from, and was slightly taken aback how did Leon’s younger sister was able to use magic. Perhaps it was through birth, if not, what else would be the answer?

 

He could feel he was tied up, however, could only feel it. The thing wrapped in his whole body wasn’t visible to the naked eyes. It reminded him again how important magic in this world was, and to never let his guard down.

 

But…

 

Could he also use magic like any others? 

 

Cayle formed a new goal in his mind, unto finding out whether he could also do what the lifeforms in here could. Like them, he was also a human, so he thought it may be possible to give it a try.

 

For now, he should ask the old man about it. Perhaps he knew one or two things about the origins of magic since he had lived long, enough to have his hair turned white.

1