Chapter 32.4— Artifacts-05
4 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

<Chapter 32.4— Artifacts-05>

 

“U-uh… May I ask something?”

 

At the sudden silent between the two of them, Cayle suddenly took the turn to speak up.

 

How surprising it was for the old man. He really thought that once the lad realized his whole body was tied up by something not visible to the naked eyes, he’ll throw a tantrum or something, so he was kind of shock to see the lad spoke up in calm manners.

 

“Sure, go ahead.”

 

“Is this thing wrapped all over me like a sloth glued in a tree, something created by magic?”

The old man inwardly praised the lad, before licking his lips. That looks so evil that the lad trembled for a little, with his eyes wetting in fear.

 

“Yes, you’re a smart one, not gonna lie. But why ask something so obvious?”

 

Actually, magic was kind of well known throughout the whole continent. Almost everyone could use magic, only those talentless were the ones who weren’t capable of. Of course, that were filled up by them becoming a knight of the countries. 

 

The old man’s eyes gleamed a dangerous hue as he stared down the lad. What an interesting thing he brought up, it made the lad quite mysterious in his two eyes.

 

“I actually can’t use magic, will you please teach me how to use one?”

Right on the spot, Cayle didn’t wasted any time, and went straight for the main purpose of his. The old man saw the burning desires in his eyes, before an evil cackled escaped from his mouth.

 

“Lad, magic is just like breathing. Ever since we were born, we were already been able to use magic. So, what do you think will happen if you suddenly teach a lion to fly, without any wings?”

 

The result was obvious, one could already see….

 

“Of course, he’ll fall off the course, and die from the fall. But, the reason why lions could adapt to any situation, was because it was able to fill the lacking parts, by things it didn’t even know about itself.”

 

“Indeed, you’re a smart one, I praised you for that.”

Before Cayle could even open his mouth to throw an another question, the old man sneered before cackling.

 

“However, you should know that there’s limit of everything in this world. A lion, will forever be a beast, and a human, will forever be a fragile creature. So, what do you think will happen if the human race tried to surpass his limits, and make a breakthrough.

 

Obviously, the human body will crumble, and he would die first from exhaustion since his body wasn’t used to it. Before he could be able to use magic, his body will die in exhaustion.

 

But, nobody said everything is impossible in this world.

 

If it is, then there wouldn’t be gods being served right now in this world, and mana wouldn’t exist to this very day..

 

The greatest thing about Humans were, their curiosity and desires were too strong. And too vast. Heck, even though they only had short lives, the world was pretty much always on war, because of their desires to expand their lands.

 

Cayle nodded his head in agreement, before finally deciding upon something.

 

He dropped his knees into the ground, before prompting to grovel in front of the old man. And as soon, he had finally gathered enough courage, he suddenly opened his mouth to speak, and spoke to his very heart content.

 

“I- I beg of you….. Please teach me how to use magic.”

 

What a filthy sight that was. Even Cayle himself was ashamed of himself. 

 

But, he cannot afford to just swing down his sword like forever. He also need to improve everything he could for himself.

 

“I- I came from a poor family, and the parents who raised me died from Human’s hands. I- I wanted the strength to become stronger, not because I want to take revenge, but instead, because I want to become strong. Strong enough to protect myself.”

 

Such a huge lie that was. Only an idiot would believe him.

 

Even him thought to himself that, even the dumbest person in the world might not believe him. Heck, it might even throw some irritating words at him, and start cursing like hell….

 

The story about what he told the old man wasn’t a real one, but since he was pretty desperate, he didn’t hesitate to resort to that.

 

The old man started walking away, and Cayle who’s head hung in the ground, lifted it up to look at the old man.

 

He didn’t even said anything before walking away, so he guessed, that the old man was probably tired enough to hear any shits about his lies.

 

Even Cayle didn’t retort to forcing it to the old man, and only gazed his eyes to his departing back.

 

He really thought that the old man was about to leave, since he was heading towards the exit, however, before he could stepped outside the room, his legs suddenly stopped walking, and from where he stood, was a huge statue of a wolf, so ferocious and looked scary enough even though it was just a statue.

 

Before he could even say anything to the old man, the old man suddenly stretched out his hand trying to gasp something, before touching a button, in the center of the wolf statue. 

 

Booooommmmm!!!!

 

And soon, with a loud screech, a way suddenly showed up from where the statue is, as the statue was now into the side, still busy sliding to the very end.

 

The old man walked down the downstairs that just showed up just a few minutes ago, before gazing back, to look at him.

 

“You want to learn everything about magic, right? What are you waiting for then? Come with me.”

 

“R- right.” Without even saying anything, nor asking about the current turn of events. Cayle followed the old man, while still gazing to his manly back.

 

Cayle didn’t know what the hell was happening, and could only tilt his head in confusion.

0