Chapter 32.5— Artifacts-06
15 1 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

<Chapter 32.5— Artifacts-06>

 

“This passages has been used since the ancient times I dare say. Even the humans at that period also treasured this passage. Unfortunately, the humanity in this generation failed to find the trace, even the leading way here. Probably, sooner or later, this passage would be forgotten in everyone’s heart, and books about it would also be burnt to dust.”

 

As Calye and the old man kept going downstairs unbeknownst to them what’s ahead, his heart was entirely captured by what the old man was saying.

 

If this place was something their ancestors treasures even than anything, then it could only meant of one thing. Whether in the end of this way has tons of invaluable treasures, that no one could find in the world, or dangers unbeknownst to him.

 

However, he couldn’t put himself to ask the old man whether he knew the place, and could only grumble in defeat.

 

First thing first, he gotta learn magic. No matter what, he can’t afford to give the old man a sour taste in their relationship, that could cause into him not learning anything.

 

“But….Why did they treasured this place so much...?” As soon he finished his words, he immediately covered his mouth. Cayle was kind of dumbfounded. He wasn’t even thinking of such a question, but the words itself subconsciously escaped his mouth.

 

The old man giggled for a little bit, as if he was fascinated by the lad’s interest. 

 

“You’re a quite smart one aren’t you...?”

 

Cayle tapped his neck tons of times, before awkwardly groaning in despair.

 

“Aah, ahahaa…..I was just kinda curious myself…..Old man, was there anything important about this place? I couldn’t see anything to be treasured around here, so why our old ancestors were even protecting and hiding such a shady place?”

 

While Cayle was stepping down, and down through the staircase,  he suddenly bumped into the old man, as soon he stopped walking, and almost pushed him down. Good thing he managed to control his weight on time, and didn’t insert any strength in his palm. Cause, even if he was a powerful, he’s sure the old man wouldn’t be able to balance himself not to fall from a push. 

 

The old man’s eyes were at flame of resentment , and the atmosphere around him changed drastically.

 

Right now, he resembled a demon, instead of a beggar Cayle’s been seeing just a while ago. Now he’s starting to wonder whether he was really the same person he’s been speaking of.

 

No, maybe to be certain, he was wondering whether he was still inside the prison cell locked up and sleeping while dreaming about all this. Unfortunately, that’s not the case….

 

“The humanity in the old days were really astonishing. They built this place in order to pleased a god residing nearby.” Perhaps it was just Cayle’s imagination, but there was a glint of fear inside the eyes of the old man.

 

Those eyes…. Those eyes were as if it was saying, I saw it all with my two eyes. The legend of the old humanity. But, anyway, such a thing was an impossible thing….

 

The old man continued yapping, and turns his head back to the way leading downstairs. 

 

“You see, once upon a time, a god of war who’ve got kicked out from the heavens had fallen into earth and still an immortal, however, no longer as shiny as before. Out of furious, he destroyed whatever came into his way. May it be monsters, castles, or even the whole humanity. And at the end of the day, humanity gave up on killing the fallen god, after hundreds of years, and continued living their life not getting on the way of the fallen god.” 

 

“Then, at some times, there was a possibility that the god would be furious again and wreck a country, ain’t it? Why it didn’t happen then?” At first, Cayle was only listening to it out of boredom, but who knows it’ll be this good and will took his interest. And so, he decided to listen carefully at every words the old man will say, with his eyes fully focused on the old man’s manly back.

 

The uninterested flaming eyes of the old man, gleamed in interest before he turns his head to look at the lad again…. What a sharp fellow, just fits the disciple he’s searching for.

 

The old man grinned slyly before turning his head back to the dark space in front of them. Even though they’ve been walking for so long, the whole place was still covered in entirely darkness. 

 

Cayle himself was having a hard time carefully scanning the surroundings, that’s why he’s only looking at the back of the old man since he’s wearing a white t-shirt, and quite visible in the darkness. Most of all, it seemed like the old man was, well, quite used to the landscape of the place, so he chose to trust the old man. It’s not like he had any other choice, no?

 

The old man’s dry lips, were quaking…. Before it finally opened it’s mouth to speak. It seemed like he finally steeled his resolve for something, as he suddenly turned around his head to look at the lad again. However, this time, his eyes were like a beast who finally found his prey, unlike before where he carried a dominant atmosphere around him, this time it was slightly different from before. All the deadly around him no longer there, and was exchanged with lights gleaming in kindness.

 

Just who is this old man…..Surprise kept piling up one after another, that even Cayle himself was getting tired of seeing tons of shocking things.

 

“Lad, do you passed the test.” On the motionless expression etched on the old man’s face, a smile suddenly crawled out from it, and shaped into in even deeper smile. 

 

Snaaapp!

 

And with a snapped of his fingers, the dark staircase lightened up, and the staircase slowly disappeared before the stairs they were walking down to, immediately turned into a floor…

 

He knew what this was……

1