Chapter 3
85 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It's my second day in Kenshi Academy and after a few boring normal classes of language and other academics, we're heading outside to the testing area for "basic controls" as the teacher said.

"You're looking a little nervous there Haruto, don't worry about not being able to call out any powers if it's too hard. You just need to train a bit more then it will come naturally."

It seemed immediately after meeting Sora he and I became pretty close, although he seems nobody forgot what happened yesterday during our limit breaks.

"I'm sure Haruto will get it if he tries again," said Ayako

"Uuuuh I mean, I don't think he doesn't need to train or...He just...I'm sorry!" She said as she went red again and looking down.

Then there's Ayako who seems to get embarrassed after she speaks her mind but she's definitely a good person who means well.

"You guys don't need to worry, I'm feeling confident I'll be alright today."

From inside the crowd of people gathering up, I could see Kazemi pretending she isn't staring at me, but as soon as I look away she'll just stare again.

I don't know why she's avoiding me but even if it can't happen now, I know we'll talk again.

"Alright, class today we are doing basics nya!"

In miss Hayashi's hands was a moderately small hand-sized stone, it had no color at all so much so that it could be glass.

"This is an artifact much like the orb from yesterday, used to identify the magical element of whoever touches it nya. All you need to do is touch it and pour out magical energy and then-"

The stone's empty constitution was filled with a bright glimmering red light that shone visibly even though it was daylight.

"Now it's your turn nya! Everyone grab a stone and let's find out your elements!"

The explanation she gave of controlling magic was summarised as such; magic encompasses everything in our powers and originates from our bodies like stamina. To control it we need to focus solely on the commands separately and then release it.

All around me people were releasing lights of blue, red even some green. Looking over Ayako I could see her's shining a faint shade of green meaning she has a wind element. Based on its dimness it seems her magic really isn't that high.

Woah! Sora really has the hang of it, he's got some powerful fire magic. The color looks much darker than miss Hayashi but the amount of light he's producing is around the same. So he should be around her level just starting out.

Shouldn't Kazemi be somewhere here too, I wonder what element she...got.

Kazemi wore a sour expression that could only be compared to when someone is lifting something heavier than they can handle. The small amount of blue light she produced was sort of underwhelming, it might be the lowest in the class.

Well... the second-lowest, it doesn't help with all of these people around getting results while I'm down by two already.

After miss Ayako came over and examined my stone she looked kind of puzzled, I wonder if this is related to the weird thing during my limit break.

"Could I have not been limit-broken right or something? Maybe my magic not flowing right or-"

"Well, that's not it."

"Huh, what do you mean?"

"You have quite a large amount of magic pouring out but...it seems you don't have an element?"

"Don't have an element, is that even possible?"

""Kukukuku"" a large group of people was giggling between each other.

I can hear you dammit!

"Oooh, I have an idea! Let's move onto weapon summoning, seeing as everyone has established their elements nya haha!"

Not everyone...

"Now remember what I said earlier everyone, visualize one aspect at a time and when you feel something you just draw out that feeling."

Not again! I feel the magic flowing through me but no visualization, similar to the limit break test. I feel the power but right before the formin it just goes berserk on me and doesn't do anything.

I held out my hand in different positions hoping to start some sort of reaction similar to the people around me spawning weapons.

"Sword? No maybe a spear!...shield!... axe!...anything?"

""kikikikiki"" more people seemed to join in on the laughing at me as everyone else's weapons seemed to be forming one after another.

There are only a few people left, I can't stay behind right!

"Hey Haruto...um don't worry I couldn't get it right either," said Ayako approaching me from behind.

I can clearly see Sora swinging a massive two-handed sword around happily, he seems to progress well with magic.

"I'm not sure what the problem is but it can't be too bad right, hehe."

"This is unacceptable!'

A girl with long white hair began walking in my direction after speaking out to everyone, I think she's talking to me?

She seems very well kept, similar to that prestigious girl from yesterday. Wait no this girl is different, while the other one lacked any emotion to those around her...this one is like a ball of fire heading straight to me.

"Uuum did I do something wrong?" I said very nervously.

"How can someone of your weak Calibur be considered my master?"

"Master?" I asked.

""Master!?"" everyone else followed with.

"I think you're confused, I'm not anybody's master and we haven't met before."

"My name is Shiho Uchida, I belong to the Uchida clan that are sworn to serve those who possess sacred armor series."

"Sacred armor? It's true that I've heard that those with sacred armor are able to contain no magic element...but they are only born every once in a lifetime!" screamed miss Hayashi.

She finally says something logical and it's to back up the crazy girl.

"I don't know what you have been told but I am not your master and I am not someone with any sacred armor."

"I can not stand for such a pitiful person to be selected, but this choice is not mine! If your so sure you are not then show me that you don't have the power then."

"Show you, I can't even see my element nonetheless make a weapon. Why not bother someone else."

"You can't run from this!"

"Swoosh"

She threw a runch straight to me but I just managed to dodge and the fist grazed the side of my cheek.

"Woah Woah are you crazy, I don't want to fight. Let's just talk or- Ah!"

"Swish swish swoosh"

She just kept unleashing kicks and punches, all I was able to do was keep moving back trying to dodge and not get hurt. She seems really strong and hasn't even used a weapon, I can't count on this dragging out.

"Why is this so important to you, why would you want a master so bad?"

She finally stopped to talk to me, although she continued to hold her fighting pose.

"It's not about having a master, I was chosen to be of service to a powerful knight. I somehow got a weak nobody like you!"

She's jumping in to attack again, I think this one is going to land!

Uchida leaped forward with a spinning kick that came up to head level, she was clearly going for more than a knockout.

I don't want to fight, I never have. If I was that powerful knight she spoke of I would stop all fights before they start but for that you need strength...

The moment I raised my hand to catch her foot the glowing light from the limit break reappeared, although this time only on my arm and the lightning didn't appear either.

"Slam"

My hand managed to catch her foot in time, a second ago it wasn't going to make it but hen there was that large surge of light and now my hand is covered in armor.

""Woah!!"" Everyone in the area screamed.

It seems everyone around is as surprised as me, my hand is covered in armor. From each fingertip all the way up to my elbow, a gauntlet of white metal with golden streaks had replaced it.

It feels like my arm is on fire but not painfully, if anything it feels really good.

"My armor...but why only my hand then?"

"That is due to a large amount of energy, master," said Uchida who's the leg I had still been holding up.

"Sorry!" I said as I released her foot.

I was so absorbed I forgot about the fact that I caught her.

"What do you mean a large amount of energy?"

"The divine series armor such as the one you yourself possess takes a large amount of magic to uphold, much higher than any other armor."

"Divine series? So it really is true that Koboyashi has a sacred armor set nya!"

Why are you contributing now when you did nothing a second ago?

"You seemed to change your attitude to me pretty quickly, weren't you attacking me a second ago?"

"My apologies Master, I was carrying out my duties to access your strength and now that I have confirmed your strength I place my loyalty to you, you are my master."

She even bowed on the floor as she said that! She can't be serious can she, I don't want a servant...

3