Chapter 4
72 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Well that was a disaster, but what am I going to do with that girl..."

After that huge commotion miss Hayashi finally stepped in and sorted it out, it was too bad that everyone left in a hurry after class. I didn't even get to talk to anyone about how crazy this is, at least Sora should be here.

"I could use the calm change of pace to this weird da-"

"Good evening Master, how may I be of service?"

"Eh..."

Shiho Uchida is in my room...this is getting out of hand.

"More importantly where's Sora?"

She wouldn't have attacked him right...I can't help but think it's one of those crazy girls who kill the roommate situation. Now I have a bad feeling.

"Don't worry he's in his room." said the strange voice that came from behind me.

Looking behind me too the next person in my room was a woman I've never seen before. From her dark hair and serious business attire, she seems like she would be an important person, I almost feel out of place next to her.

"Nishimura Sora has been relocated to another room and Shiho Uchida has taken his place in this room along with you."

She said that so calmly but there's no way this situation is normal, just who is this woman.

"I told them if I don't see the students regularly they wouldn't know my face but I guess now is a good time to introduce myself.

I am the principal of this school, Watanabe Fujiko. From now on you will share rooms with Uchida to aid in your protection."

"Protection from what?"

"My master, from the new threats that will uncover along with your awakening." She said as she lowered her head.

"Did you think it was a free ride?

You chose to be a knight for whatever reason you fight, and other knights fight for theirs. But you have a divine armor series that separates you from others. Those with sacred armor classes face much stronger threats than wars.

Uchida, I'm leaving it to you, oh and kid; train up nice and strong for what's next."

After miss Watanabe left I was now left with more questions than ones answered. I guess if Shiho is going to be here I might as well ask her all I can.

"Can I call you Shiho?"

"You may address me as you please, master."

I guess I don't have a choice in this matter, I'm stuck with her for now.

"Great then you will call me Haruto, I'm not into this whole master-servant thing."

"I can not disrespect you in such a way master-"

"I thought you would place loyalty to me, isn't that what you said earlier?"

"That is correct, My apologies...master...Haruto," she said as she blushed.

I guess that's close enough, but there's a lot I need to learn about this situation.

"Shiho what did miss Watanabe mean by what comes next?"

"Very well, I shall explain for you.

There are two types of sacred series, the divine class, and the chaos class. Although they are both considered sacred classes they are very different in the fact that they work on different principles.

As such when a sacred armor series is awoken at that moment the other sacred armor series' is awoken as well throughout the world."

So there are others out there who have gotten powers like mine, probably seen as different from those around them.

"Because they are so powerful and possess unique abilities they are drawn to each other."

"That's great! SO that means I might be able to meet them."

"No it's quite the opposite, they are drawn to each other on the basis of combat. One of the conditions to forming the sacred armor is one's desire for power."

"So I have...a desire of power?"

''Yes but yours is pure!" Shiho exclaimed while blushing.

"What do you mean pure, am I different from them?"

"Before a sacred armor can become either a chaos or divine class the user needs to form a powerful desire which the armor becomes the method of achieving."

A powerful desire, could she mean from what happened in our fight?

"When the user's desire is based off a need of their own they are given the chaos class but if a user's desires are for others they will be given the divine class. This is why I will follow you master Haruto."

Shiho's face was lit up with a look of pride as if she discovered gold among rocks.

I get the overall situation but it seems a little unfair that I will have to fight these people I have no problem with, for what? No, I won't follow these rules.

"Well, I guess we are with each other for a while huh?"

Shiho's face went red in an instant after I had said that and started waving her hands frantically in front of her face.

"I can't...not with...but you're my...It's not right! How long have you..."

Eventually, she got so flustered she fell backward to the floor and was unconscious.

"Shiho! What's wrong, are you ok? you turned really red, is it a fever?"

I guess she's out then, I'm not sure what these next years are gonna be like.

After I put Shiho on her bed to let her rest and cool down I went out to see if I could have a moment's peace.

Walking along with the cafeteria I noticed a repeating sound that drew me to it.

"Whoosh whoosh whoosh"

Peaking around the corner to see what was making the sound I noticed the familiar long red hair waving around as a large sword was cutting through the air.

Sora? What's he doing out here at this time busy training, but he kind of looks upset.

Do I interrupt him, he might not want to see me after Shiho kicked him out...

"Hya!"

As Sora swung his sword to the side, a large burst of fire was released and his left leg slipped causing him to fall to his knee.

"Dammit! Maybe I should just quit right here and stop being a knight..."

"No don't!"

Wait what am I doing? I thought I wasn't going to get involved...aw well I guess I can't go back now.

"I'm sorry, I meant that you shouldn't quit over a slip. You managing to release flames from your sword already is really impressive, far better than I could ever do hehe."

My words aren't making him feel better, it seems to be doing worse actually.

Sora's face transitioned from a general worry to the look of someone who received devastating news.

"I wasn't really going to quit, it's just what I sometimes say to myself to encourage myself to work harder.

Although I'll admit It's not too encouraging to know you didn't tell me you were so powerful."

Wait, me? Is he talking about me discovering I have the divine armor? Is that why he seems so off.

"I only found out about that today actually."

"Wait really!"

"Why are you so surprised!!!

I thought he for sure was going to be mad for a while but he took what I said so easily, he might be more mature than me.

After explaining the situation to Sora from everything I knew he finally understood.

"So you're gonna have to fight some pretty strong knights eventually."

"Looks like it, but I'm not so sure I'm keen on the idea of fighting people I don't know but I guess that's what it means to be at war."

(He has a lot to deal with all at once, and here I was thinking he lied to me and getting angry. Argh, there's no other choice.)

"I've made up my mind Haruto."

"What do you mea-"

Sora dropped to his knee and planted his sword into the ground above him while keeping a hold of the grip.

Not again!

"Haruto allow me to be your sword! I know you're going to be stronger than all of us soon but I know that if I fight your fights I can help.

I know you'll do what's right for everyone else, so please let me your knight!"

3