Chapter 5
55 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It's still my second day in school and this is happening again!

"Sora...what are you talking about all of a sudden?"

"I'm offering my sword to you, please accept it!"

It's not uncommon for knights in this age to offer their sword to another knight or person of higher power as a way of declaring complete loyalty. It's a formal custom that survived the ages but is still uncommon for teenagers outside of war.

"Sora even though I have this divine armour and stuff I'm not sure if I can really beat anybody, I don't want to put anybody in danger."

"Tsk.

Don't take me so lightly. I might be weak now...But I will get stronger, strong enough that you won't have to step in and save anyone."

That's all he really wanted huh, just to help out and keep everyone safe. He was probably thinking of this better than me, I should have taken his intentions into better account.

"Sora."

Sora raised his head and watched as my hand glowed and covered itself in armour.

I reached out my gauntlet in the shape of a fist right in front of him.

"I'm not too used to all the honorifics so will this still work?"

"It would be weird if I had it any other way."

Sora extended his fist and energetically bumped against mine.

"Thump"

"I Haruto koboyashi appoint Sora Nishimura as my personal knight from this day onward."

""Hehehe""

-

The next day.

"Yawn~"

"Good morning Haruto."

Oh, I recognize that sweet voice.

"Yawn~ Hey Ayako what's up?"

"Why are you so tired, did something else happen?"

"I guess you didn't hear."

It would be troublesome if what Ms. Watanabe said last night was to spread around...It would be like that opening ceremony, every day!

"Is it something to do with your divine armour maybe?"

"How did you know about that?!

Oh great that demon...She must have told people already and it slipped."

"U...um...Everyone kind of...saw. When you and Ms. Uchida fought yesterday."

"Oh yeah I forgot about that."

I was too taken back because I learnt it there myself.

"...How?"

"Well it's good that you and Sora know seeing as I planned to tell you both anyways. Wait now that I think about it, where is that muscle head?"

"Well...He's kind of been like that all day."

She pointed towards a seat in the corner with a boy hunched over.

His face was planted frozen on his desk, no sign of life.

That's strange, he seemed pretty happy last we spoke. I even made him my knight, whatever that means.

"Any reason?" I asked.

"I'm not really sure. I heard that he isn't doing well on the academic side of his grades though. He might be worried about falling behind."

What a lame excuse to be all mopey. I guess I have to take action!

Maybe I should mess with him a bit to get his spirits up.

"Hey, knight how dare you be so lifeless when your master is around. You should be-"

"...ger."

"Huh?"

"st...er."

"Speak up man you're starting to look depressing now."

"Stronger. I have to get stronger."

"Oh this again, sorry to disturb."

"Don't walk away, I'm being serious!"

"What do you mean Sora?"Ayako asked.

"Oh yeah Sora agreed to be my personal knight."

"R...Rea...Really?"

"Yeah he cried for me to do it so I had no choice really."

"Thunk."

"Oooow! What's the big idea you muscle head?!"

"How can I not jump on the opportunity of being by a divines side, the wars we will be part of will go down in history."

"I already told you, I don't plan on starting any wars."

At this point I doubt I would even be able to. So much for a all powerful armour, it doesn't even apply to my whole body.

"Slam!"

"Everybody make their way to the central courtyard in two minutes nya~!"

What's this about, could it be some new curriculum? No they probably would have addressed it in the classrooms then.

"I guess we have no choice then."

All the students from our grade were gathered across the courtyard in groups while the higher grades were spectating from the upper classroom balconies and windows.

This is strange, why are they all watching us gather here, I feel like an ant for the amusement of a larger species.

"Doesn't this feel off to you guys?"

"I thought so too, this is definitely going to lead to something dangerous."

Aside from Sora agreeing it, that confirms it all too well. Those smirks coming from our seniors, they expecting something any minute now.

A women appeared instantly on the roof of one of the school buildings.

"Shut up you novices! I have graciously given all of you the chance to prove yourselves before those before you! You will battle amongst yourselves leaving only one knight standing. The knight who will then be given the best reward a mut like you could receive.

For incentive I'll let you know what it is. Test papers before hand, passing grades, new equipment. Whatever your heart desires that I may personally be able to fulfill will come to pass!

The only rule is no lethal moves are to be used. Now fight and prove yourselves worthy of where you stand!"

Are you serious? Somehow I got placed into a war on day three of my school career!!

2