Chapter 7
29 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Shiho and I looked around for the origin to the loud explosion. Smoke and dust had covered the area and seemed to stop the mindless fighting altogether.

The dust began settling and the shadowy figures within the dust cloud became visible, everyone’s eyes were fixed.

““Pant Pant Pant””

“Honestly, cannon fodders such as yourselves aren’t even worth the warm up.”

“What?! How is she still standing after we all attacked at once?!”

It was a nine against one situation; the nine were the only ones out of breath though, they all seemed extremely tense. Some of the boys among them were holding strong looking weapons but they all shared the same look.

It’s a common feeling among animals; all creatures are designed to be able to tell who is the hunted and who is hunting.

“I suppose I should eliminate you all swiftly, no point in dragging this meaningless massacre out longer than it should be.”,

She reached her right arm out to the left side of her body; ice formed in the palm of her hand and spread out into a long rope like form.

With a single wave of her arm; her weapon had completely manifested, a whip was waved at the trembling hunted students.

“Fwish Crack”

All the learners were knocked back and sent flying into other people.

A glistening contrail of ice particles fell from the movements of the whip as it flew in the air. Right before it had the chance to touch the ground she made it disappear.

The stage to everyone’s gaze was a single girl. Her beautiful purple hair swayed slightly from the wind, she wore the same school uniform but it seemed to look better on her than other students. She had rather large breasts as well but she never smiled; she didn’t even look remotely pleased.

Silence fell onto the courtyard.

“Hmph, it seems a cat found its way into the fish tank.” muttered Mrs Watanabe.

“If all I have to do is be the last remaining student standing, then I shall bring all the low lives remaining to their knees.”

That grand and elegant aura…She’s the girl from the opening ceremony; Sakurai!

I can’t believe I didn’t recognise her at first; she looks so different in battle.

“pat pat pat pat”

Sora walked out from the mass of children directly toward Sakurai.

Sora raised his blade to her, the silver of the blade shined brightly from the red magical aura he started releasing.

“What is that?”

“It’s spirit armour. An advanced skill among first years but an excellent form of defence available to those without the skill to summon their armours yet.”, Shiho replied.

“Spirit…armour.”

When did Sora learn this? I thought his magic capabilities were still pretty low.

“This is most probably the result to your pact formed with him.”

Our pact, so by becoming my knight he gained an awesome power like that?

“How does that…”

As I turned to Shiho to ask her I noticed how distressed she looked.

Thinking on it now, maybe I was a little harsh on her, she did save us after all.

“Shiho I’m sorry for getting mad at you earlier, but my goal isn’t to hurt others. It’s a selfish way to think but I truly believe we can create peace.”

“Master…”

Shiho’s composure crumbled, her eyes began watering and widened immensely.

She immediately lowered her head as far as she could by getting on her knees. The crash of her head hitting the ground surprised me by showing her devotion.

“I shall make your wish a reality master, I am your servant and your shield! I ask for your forgiveness!!”

“I’m not mad at you though… Shiho your shield was really amazing and you know a lot, if you wouldn’t mind me then I’d like your help making that dream come true.”

“Yes master Haruto.”

“Klank Shink Thunk Shink Shink Shink”

Sakurai’s icy whip repeatedly slashed at Sora who held his sword in defence.

All he could do was block the vicious swings, while Sora stood strong to not get hurt opposite him was Sakurai who was barely trying. She swung her arm around lightly and it produced monstrous attacks.

We have to help him, I have to look after Ayako though and I’m not sure if Shiho would be able to attack with just a shield. I’m sure Sakurai has more than just that whip.

“He’s really amazing.”

“Ayako?”

When did she wake up-

“He’s really amazing.”

Her gaze was fixed on Sora.

“He might get hurt if this continues-”

“He won’t lose. Can’t you see it; he’s never looked like that before.”

Sora was smiling.

Ayako seems so sure, sure that Sora will win. I made him my knight and I was about to rush in there and help him. This is his fight, not ours.

“Your right.”

“Shink Shink Shink Clang”

(Now!!)

Haruto burst forward leaving a small crater beneath his feet.

The moment right after the whip hit his sword and traveling back; he rushed in for his attack.

=

“Remember Sora; attacking isn’t the only element to a fight, same for defending. If you rely on one too much you leave room for mistakes, but if you can use both.”

“Grandfather; how do I do that, I only have one weapon?”

“You must wait for the perfect moment, that moment is when your opponent leaves room for mistakes.”

“Attacking and defending…I don’t get it. You sure you’re not just going senile?”

“Thunk”

“Oooowww!”

“Even if you don’t get it now, this is the principal to our technique. One day you will inherit it and one day you will surpass it.”

=

Sora gently glided through the air straight towards her with his sword beside his waist.

Sakurai looked bewildered and took a step back; she waved her arm faster hoping to hit Sora.

“Crack Crack Crack Crack”

The whip hit air each time, as he slipped past. Sora had gotten into a rhythm and had taken the flow of the battle.

“You insolent bug, how dare you-”

Sora planted his pivoting foot into the ground in front of sakurai and began to swing. The sharp silver edge of his blade heated up in an orange glare that soon engulfed the blade in a thin layer of focused orange flames.

“Form one; Netsu Slice!”

    

1