Chapter 8
21 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The sword of fire cut through the air with ease as if it was butter and was headed in the path towards her chest.

“Tch.”

(What!?) Sora thought.

“Boooom”

At a speed faster than Sora or anyone else could keep up with, Sakurai’s body had disappeared from the path of the blade.

Flames of white and red pulsed momentarily which made many people close to the scene knocked back.

Sora looked down,

“…”

“Ooooowww…”

Ayako had been pushed back by the explosions force and was left in yet another weird position, on her back with her arms out and one leg risen exposing her panties.

“Wha…as…tha…?”

“It was probably an explosion caused by the fire of his sword. Still if it hit something it shouldn’t have exploded but gone right through.”

“Maybe it was Soras technique?”

“Look master.”

Soras entire bottom half was encompassed in ice.

“…Ice? When did she?”

“The moment she activated her armour, I saw it with my own eyes. She was moving freely while we all were stuck in place.”

“In other words…”

“She froze time.”

“Oh. She was reduced to using her armour.”,

A man stood beside ms. Watanabe, he wore all white suit and had short purple hair. His eyes were faded and stern but his overall appearance overflowed with Royalty.

Sakurai was dressed in full armour, colors of blue, white and silver all elegantly complementing each other. Two Silver shoulder pieces with snow flake emblems lead down her shoulders was a silk material that ran spread to the stomach.

A silver tiara lied on her head; a short white material cape from her waist down to her knees added to the same look that her personality gave off. 

“Fufufufu! Couldn’t sit out of this one hey?”

 Ms.Watanabe laughed while glaring at the mysterious man.

“Do you really expect me to; I need to see her progress for myself.”

“I suppose it’s not uncommon in normal children’s lives.”

“I suppose these aren’t normal children, from the moment they awakened their abilities and used them here; that life was taken from them.”

Sora raised his sword above his head in striking position and swung it down against the ice of his feet, smashing it completely.

“I’ll admit you had me shocked at first there princess, stopping time and all; but I won’t falter.”

“He was able to see it, Sora really is amazing.” ,

Said Ayako praising him from a distance.

“Impressive that you were able to witness my armors ability. My armour; Hyakkudan has the ability to momentarily freeze time after activation. Meaning this is where I stop humoring you with basic attacks.”

“Hehe. Don’t worry; I wanted it that way from the start!”,

Sora lunged forward with his sword in hand, before gaining much distance at all a row of ice spikes rushed at him from the ground.

“Craaackk” “Shing”

 “Hyyaaaaah!”

“Fwish” “Ching”

(Wait where did she-)

“Look out!!”, I yelled.

“Fwish Crack”

“Aaarggh!”

(I see how it is now.)

“Resorting to these tactics, I thought you were supposed to be an overwhelming power princess!”

“Only a fool would pretend to be overconfident to an opponent with a fragment of ability.”

“Tch what do you mean a fragment?!”,

Soras face lit up with anger as he tensed up for retaliation.

“It means a portion; I see I’m wasting my time here. You’re so simple you don’t know basic diction, how can you expect to become a knight.”

“I know what it means you ice queen!!”

Sakurai tossed her hand in front of her, ice began spreading across the floor in the form of spikes toward Sora.

“Her power is amazing, with abilities like that can’t she win in an instant?”

“Her ability is flawed.”

“Flawed? What do you mean?”

“Her ice spells aren’t simply shooting ice, if it was she wouldn’t have to cast it against the floor but rather the air.

Spells are magic that are focused through our elements in order to produce them in a physical or remote ways. There are limits however to what one is able to produce, seeing as she isn’t shooting it through the air; this confirms my theory.

Sakurai is freezing the moisture below on the grounds and expanding them into the forms of her attacks.”

Just as I thought, Shiho is extremely talented and well versed. I’m glad we don’t have to face her in the future.

“Shing craaack Shing crack”

“Those whip attacks weren’t hurting him before, why now…”, Ayako let out.

“It’s those ice spells, they aren’t attacks. She knows he’ll break them and then when he does she slips out his field of view and attacks.”

 There’s no way those attacks aren’t getting to him, he has no armour to defend himself and his mana body is barely visible at this point. Sora’s in trouble for real this time.

Sakurai unleashed spell after spell, each time Sora clashed it head on she would dash to the sides. She looked like she was gliding on air.

She was unbelievably fast.

(I can’t be left in such a pathetic state, no I refuse to be! Burn a resolve, that’s what a man does!!)

Sora planted in a wide stance and held his sword extended to the side.

“He’s getting ready to attack?”

“No this is different; he's got something up his sleeve.”

“Craaaaaaack Shing Smash Fwish”

“Aaaaarrrhhhaaaaaa!”

Sora threw his body weight into his swing when breaking the ice, as he fell to the side he released his sword towards where Sakurais stop would be right before attacking.

“He got her!”

“No. Not enough.”

What, not enough? What does she mean?

“fwoowoowoosh!”

“She dodged…”

(Crap!-)

“Fwish crack”

“Aaarrghh!”

Sakurai unleashed a precise blow to his leg which resulted in him falling to his knee.

“That’s more appropriate for someone of your standing. Dirt where it belongs.”

“Fwish crack crack crack”

Attack after attack Sora held up his arms in defense but the damage was taking its toll.

Sora’s mana body had completely faded away and ice began spreading around his body in thin layers.

(I won’t give in…I have to be stronger for-)

Sora swayed to the side, after seeing this she halted her attack to watch.

“Thump”

“Sora’s…out.”

Dammit! After all he did.

“It’s over”,

Sakurai whispered.

0