Chapter 9
15 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Sora laid on his side with his body bruised and bloody with sheeting of ice on his shoulders and legs.

He was completely defeated in an almost one sided battle.

“Sora…” ,

I couldn’t help but clench my teeth and fists.

“Ayako?”

Ayako stood up in silence and simply watched Sora’s collapsed body with a small smile.

“He tried so hard, I know he tried his best…but he won’t be happy with it will he?”

“No, I don’t think he could-”

Out the corner of my eye I saw Sakurai raise her arm slowly with her whip in following suit.

“Dishonorable wench. Master I shall-”

“Fwish Crack”

Sakurai unleashed her attack but was stunned by the sudden shock of seeing myself standing in front of Sora.

I had flown forward at an accelerated speed in front of the attack and caught the whip, although not with my bare hand.

My hand had the divine gauntlet equipped, it’s subtle white glow made the ice princess’ cold whip pale in comparison.

“What are you doing?”

“I should ask you the same thing, interrupting in the middle of a battle.”

“…a battle?”

“I suppose all you lower class are the same; I can’t explain meaning to all my actions and words.”

Sakurai glided forward towards me hoping to maneuver around me and release attack similar to her battle with Sora.

She must have come to the conclusion that I am a physical attacker as well due to me catching her attack.

(There’s no way a long distance fighter would be able to bare the attack of my weapon head on, even for an up close fighter; to catch it simply like that is too unprecedented.)

Sakurai had glided around my body in rotations multiple times which bound me with her whip.

“So you thought the battle wasn’t over? That you had to go further, he couldn’t even stand none the less fight back!”

Sakurai let go of her whip and backed away a bit, when she stopped in place she stopped in place she raised her hand at me.

“Your punishment for interfering with me while in battle.”

Ice began sprouting and spreading towards me in the form of spikes on the ground, as they grew closer they grew in size.

“Shatter”

“That wasn’t a fight anymore; you were playing with him while he was trying his hardest!”,

Ice shards flew all across the courtyard in succession to my fist.

Right before the ice attack of hers hit me I only extended my arm and overpowered her binds and then contact with my gauntlets fist resulted in the ice smashing into pieces.

“How is this possible?”,

Sakurai was stunned at my feat, for her this was never before scene of power.

To blow away her attack in her strongest state by only extending his arm out.

“He’s so strong.”, Ayako let out.

Shiho stared silently beside Ayako at me.

I looked behind me at Sora’s unconscious body and it made me more anxious, I thought of how I couldn’t stop it because it was what Sora desired.

“Your weapon, is it that gauntlet?!”, Sakurai yelled in a scared tone.

She had a frantic look on her face.

“Is that all you care about…I asked you why you went so far against Sora!”

“Why...? It’s simple. It was because he is weak.”

As she said those words the look of disgust returned to her face, the same look she has when she thinks of how people are below her.

“Now that I enlightened you, I demand you let out why you-”

“Fwish Pow”

I was right in front of her with my fist buried into her stomach, her entire armour shattered. Within less than a second she was catapulted backwards slightly off the ground into the side of the building.

The impacted shook the area and the building wall was damaged but not completely broken, a few bricks were destroyed but it mostly just created a large crater-like dent where her body landed.

“If fighting is all you care about then I’ll show you the same remorse you gave him.”,

Thin but beaming white light surrounded my body and gave a small tinker in my eyes.

“Kyak!”, Sakurai spurted out.

“That must be the divine armour user, it’s quite extraordinary.” ,

The man in the suit said sternly.

“His name is Haruto and it isn’t his powers that are extraordinary but rather his intentions.”

 “You seem fond of the it Watanabe, don’t tell me your growing attached.”

Ms.Watanabe’s face turned sour after the man said that.

“Remember who you’re talking to Sakurai! You may be a large contributor to our institution but I am still a knight myself.

Or have you forgotten who I am?”

She shot him a look that made the man back off, he then cleared his throat and regained composure.

“My apologies.”

Ayako stood turned to Shiho frantically,

“Shouldn’t we help him or stop them?”

“Master Haruto doesn’t need our aid, it’s true he hasn’t used the armour before and it’s still in its lowest form but right now it’s reacting to his desire.”

“His desire?”

(Haruto please be safe, protect Sora. Even though I can’t do anything for either of you.)

 

0