Chapter 12
12 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The men ran back and forth with large stretchers and students hurt in battles. For the most part the children were simply fatigued; because they were inexperienced there were fewer casualties than what could have possibly occurred.

 

The only seriously hurt student was Sora with severe fatigue combined with frostbite and slash wounds around his body.

 

“Sora…”,

 

Ayako griped softly.

 

“Now then, what is it you want Uchida?”

 

““Huh?!””

 

Ms.Watanabe banished from the rooftop she resided on for the duration of the battle and appeared behind us all as if she had been standing amongst them the whole time.

 

How did she do that, wasn’t she shouting over us all a moment ago, if she jumped down we would have noticed.

 

Even Shiho who has been the most perceptive of us all up to this point was taken for surprise when she noticed ms.Watanabes presence.

 

“Well then? I hate to be kept waiting so let’s make this quick.”

 

Shiho looked down for a moment looking in deep thought.

 

She was running every possible scenario she could of what could be used in the sense of safety for me, although the idea of her being attached to me completely in and outside of school seems excessive.

 

Another section of her thoughts must have been reserved towards something that was quite embarrassing because her face would transition to a bright red grin that would head her to shake her head and force herself to calm down.

 

“I’ve decided that I would like to claim my reward on a later date.”

 

Huh?

 

“You’re going to leave us all in anticipation huh? I really hate people like you but it’s your decision. Fine then, I won’t give it any though until then, although…I can’t say so about them.”

 

Shiho turned to see us all glaring intensively at her from the disappointment of her indecisive actions.

 

This is just great, now I got to wait for some crazy request of Shihos to the school at any time, hopefully it won’t be too crazy.

 

-

 

The school day was long and tiresome; most classes were on the basic magic control and history of past battles among top knights and their abilities.

 

The end of period bell rang and harmonized an orchestra of sighs along the first year’s hallways, it was reassuring to know it wasn’t only myself that was feeling underwhelmed, I just craved a bit more excitement especially after yesterday’s fiasco.

 

It made that days history class on the jade dragon and black tiger insignificant in comparison to the first-hand experience of a battle among knights in training.

 

I got up from my seat and headed towards Ayakos seat so we could head over to the dinning area.

 

“Grr Bang”,

 

Ayako stood up in her seat and the desk flew back onto the floor

 

“Oh no, uuhhh!”,

 

She turned back to pick it up and when bending over, the desk soon followed the same fate of the chair.

 

“bang”

 

Heads began turning one by one but they all knew the cause, at this point of the week everyone in our class had become accustomed to Ayakos ‘special’ approach to life.

 

“At some point it stops being funny you know.”,

 

I lifted up her fallen desk.

 

“I’m sorry…I don’t do it on purpose you know.”

 

“Clumsiness is a rather unfortunate trait in a knight though…”,

 

Shiho added as she walked over to us.

 

“Hehehe. So he’s not better yet?”

 

“It doesn’t seem so.”

 

“Well I was going to head to the dining hall, how about we swing by his room after?”

 

“Hoh! Sure.”,

 

Ayakos face lit up, her blonde hair bounced around which swayed gently in front of her gorgeous smile.

 

We reached the entrance to the dining hall,

 

It was a large room not smaller than a ballroom, with a large section of food on display and to be bought over counter, the kitchen which radiated delicious aromas was right behind it and had servers and workers walking in and out without rest.

 

I wonder what I should eat today, the beef stew seems to be doing really well.

 

Upon scanning the area of fellow students enjoying their meals I noticed Kazemi sitting alone eating.

 

She had been my childhood friend but ever since we saw each other that first day, I haven’t spoken to her.

 

“Master Haruto should I secure us a table and the meals?”

 

“…”

 

“…Master?”

 

She’s my best friend; I should just go over there.

 

I walked to her table,

 

“Hey Kaze.”

 

She pulled a rather disenchanted face after seeing me, she genuinely seemed unhappy by my presence.

 

Did I do something to her that I’m unaware of? Did I just forget, it has to be something right?

 

Maybe if I ask…No that won’t go over well, if she’s the same way I remember her then best action is to get her to want to say it.

 

“Master Haruto if you require this seat I would be obliged to remove this commoner immediately.”

 

“Shiho I don’t want you to remove-“

 

“Commoner?!”,

 

She objected.

 

Oh no, Now you’ve done it Shiho. You brought the wrath of Kazemi to bloom.

 

“Who are you calling commoner you lap dog?”

 

“Fufufu. It appears that comedy must be your ability.”

 

“Slam”,

 

“You’ve got a lot of nerve there, but is nerve all you got?”

 

Standing back, Ayako and I stood awkwardly at a familiar sight.

 

It seems that the jade dragon and black tiger battle of ages was to repeat in a knight’s academy dining hall…

 

Ayako leaned in close to me,

 

“I know you two are acquainted but how do you know her Haruto?”

 

“She’s my childhood friend but one day she moved away and decided to peruse her goal of becoming a knight.”

 

“A childhood friend, has she always hated your guts?”,

 

Ayako whispered in her usual tone.

 

“She never hated my guts!”

 

That is what makes this whole situation so weird to me, because Kazemi had always been my closest friend until she moved away.

 

When she was being bullied in school I would be her protection and when we were sad we’d cheer each other up.

 

When Kazemi moved that day, it left a crater in my life.

0