Chapter 16
10 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

They reached the summit and noticed Sora sitting looking out into the distance. He was completely motionless and looked at peace, like a monk after years of self-development.

“There he is let’s nab him.”,

I placed my grip on Kazemis shoulder and kept her in place.

“Huh, what’s the big ide-”

I shook my head lightly gesturing that she shouldn’t barge in.

I thought of how Sora must be feeling from last time he was conscious around us, he was battling an apposing knight.

He fought with everything he had and still came up short, brought to his knees in front of the person he swore loyalty to.

I walked over towards him, after standing beside him for a moment I sat down.

“Look Sora…It doesn’t have to be a bad thing. I’m sorry it turned out how it did, you did do great though.”

Sora was unfazed by my words but instead continued looking out in front of him, I noticed the coy smile he had equipped as well.

“Sora, uh are you in there?”, I said as I leaned in and waved my hand in front of his face.

“Look.”

“Hm? You mean the sunset; yeah it is getting pretty late?”

“No, look.”

I looked out to the scenery, more specifically the massive horizon of water which the estate overlooked from that specific hill.

Kenshi academy was built by a collection of funds raised by all of Japans top grossing organizations, same with other countries and their own respective organizations.

This factor lead to the school being constructed on the edge of a major city in Japan, however due to the vast size needed for the shopping district, educational facilities and training grounds for combat the property needed to be situated in a place to meet those requirements.

That is the reason half of the land floats over the ocean, while the half containing the entrance of the land faces towards the city landscape.  

The spectrum of blue and white flashed in a harmony of colors which captivated my eyes, a single moment staring at the calmed body of water lasted hours to my eyes as I simply basked in its beauty.

“I found this place when I was running and it fixed me right up.”

“Fixed you, what was wrong with you?”

“All the shame of losing, all the frustration of being able to perform at my best and still losing…to that extent.

Then I came here and looked out to those waves and I saw myself, and realised it’s the whole reason to get stronger. There’s always someone stronger out there, if I found her already then that only means I know who to beat now.”

A light glimmer of gold resonated in his eyes and bounced as he rose to his feet, he reached out his hand to me.

“You coming, master~”

He grinned at me with a coy smile I now grew all too familiar with, he was back to normal.

“Don’t you start doing that too.”

““Hahahah””, we both laughed out.

“What do you mean ‘too’, I’m so envious of-”

Sora froze when he turned and saw the beauty that stood waiting for their conversation to conclude.

“…”

“What are you staring at, I got something on my face or something?”, Kazemi said in a discourteous manner.

In one swift motion Sora pivoted to his left and crouched down to the floor, in that same motion he yanked me by my collar and brought me down as well.

“You have some real weird power or something!”, he quietly yelled.

Weird power, is he talking about the divine armour?

“What are you talking about, my armors not out or anything is it?”

Sora loosened his grip on my collar and as I thought that that specific moment was over he wrapped his arm around my neck.

A tight constraint around my neck.

“You idiot, are you seriously telling me you don’t see what’s happening here?!”

“What are you talking about; no of course I don’t see anything happening here!”

“Alright fine then who’s the new girl then, you guys dating?”

“Dating?!”, I shouted accidentally.

Kazemi reacted instinctively to that by becoming stiff; her face became red and warm.

(Dating? Yeah that’s definitely what I heard, are they talking about me? Are they talking about what kind of girls Haruto likes…?)

Kazemi was normally quite the heads on attacker despite her past nature of timid in front of most people. With me however she would be quite round a bout with her methods, instead of actually confronting her concerns head on like she would in a fight or argument.

“Ssshhhhh! Not so loud do you want her to hear you?”

“You’re the one bringing this hypothetical stuff up.”

“So you two aren’t dating then, I mean that’s a little harder to believe?”

“Of course we not dating, she’s like a sister to me. Kazemi is my childhood friend; we’ve never been like ‘that’ though.”

“A childhood friend…That beauty? I’m so jealous!!”

As the whispered conversation continued Kazemi would try and listen in more and more but as she couldn’t quite make out my responses she grew impatient and tried moving in.

She took quiet steps closer to them and crouched down to avoid bringing attention to her actions.

By the time we had finished my interrogation we turned back to see Kazemi barely any distance away from us. She had been crouched down and her arms out for balance, but our sudden transition startled her and she fell backwards.

“Aahhh!”

She burst backwards in surprise and started falling off the top of the hill, rolling backwards two rotations until she started sliding on her back down the grassy slope. Grass and dirt bits went flying like contrails to her descent. She took one last flip at the sloped end and went flying into the bottom floor.

“Gonk”

“Kazemi are you alright?”

“Eeehhhh hahaaa~”, she let out.

Nothing but nonsensical gibberish was let out while her head span.

 

 

0