Chapter 23: A forgotten dream
5 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

While he was on his way home from school, he sits down at the back left passenger seat of the car.

As he glances at the scenery outside the car, he suddenly remembers about the people whom he got to know and what activities he has done with them.

This is a flashback of what happened during the self-study period for Maths class.

While they were playing Tic-Tac-Toe, Angelica was the one who always emerged as the winner of the game for 16 rounds. This was followed by Alice, who won the game for 7 rounds and Barry, who just won the game in only one round. As for Andrew and Brian, both of them lost in the game for 24 rounds straight.

At first, all of them enjoyed playing the game. But they soon got bored with it and played XO game instead. Both of the girls combined won a majority of 21 rounds in the game while each of the boys won at least one round.

Throughout the whole time that they have been playing games, it was at this time that Angelica treated Barry just like the first time they first talked to each other.

When Andrew saw how Angelica treated Barry nicely, he felt a pang of jealousy in his heart towards Barry. This is because he has tried his best to gain her attention. Yet all of his efforts ended in vain.

Barry, on the other hand, had easily gained her attention with no effort. So he slowly loses his interest in playing any games with the others and somehow harbors resentment towards Barry from the bottom of his heart.

At that time, Barry hasn't realized Andrew's strong resentment towards him.

As he reminisces about what had transpired in school today, his head was now up in the clouds, as he didn't realize that they have finally reached home.

He regains his consciousness when his mother calls out his name a few times. When he enters the house, he goes straight towards his room to change into his house clothes. After that, he went downstairs to join his parents to eat dinner.

After dinner time was over, he helps his mother to wash the dishes. After he has done washing the dishes, he then goes up to his room to do his daily routines.

While he was doing revision, the thought of the other world suddenly came to his mind. This is because the memories of all the events that happened in the other world were still fresh in his mind.

When he reminisces about his experience in the other world, he then said to himself in a bored tone. "Oh... how I wished I didn't been sent back here. How would my life be like if I were stuck there? I guess all of that would be left to my imagination, huh? Guess I should keep up with my revision, or else my grades will drop if I behave like this."

After that, he continues to do his revision. After he has completed his revision, he then prepares his school bag for tomorrow's school subjects and finally hits the sack.

When he was about to fall asleep, he suddenly feels discomfort in his chest as his left eyelid twitches. He then wondered to himself about what is the main cause of his feelings in his chest.

Despite having a bad feeling in his chest, he still manages to fall asleep as normal.

While he was in a deep sleep, he suddenly hears loud footsteps resounding within his room.

At first, he thought of opening his eyes to scan his surroundings. But he was too afraid to open his eyes, as he doesn't want to find anything horrifying standing in front of him.

Luckily, he remembers he could use his ears to keep track of the direction and distance of the sound of footsteps.

When he tries to locate the direction and measure the distance between him and the sound of the footsteps, he manages to pinpoint its direction and the distance between them.

The sound of the footsteps was approaching towards him from the front and was closing in on him.

After he has got the information that he needed, he then slowly opens up his eyelids to scan his surroundings.

As he tries to scan his surroundings in the room which was lighted up with the moon's dim glow shining through the window, he doesn't seem to find anyone around him at all.

But when he blinks his eyes twice, there stood a tall, dark figure standing still within the darkness.

Barry was stunned speechless as his heart thumps hard on his chest when he saw the black figure standing in front of his bed.

He was about to leap out of bed to defend himself against the unknown entity, but his entire body refused to act upon his will. Thus, leaving him with no choice but to wait and see the person's next actions.

As he awaits for the person's next move, the person suddenly takes a step forward towards him.

As the person slowly advances into the dim-lighted area of the room, the person's appearance is slowly revealed by the moonlight's glowing light.

When parts of the body of the unknown entity came to light, Barry soon came to realize who the person in black suit is. It was none other than Daemon himself.

As soon as he realizes it was Daemon who was standing in front of him, he breathed out a sigh of relief and said to Daemon with a smile on his face. "Phew, thank goodness. What a relief. For a second there, I thought who was it in my room." But Daemon didn't give any response to him.

At first, Barry wasn't able to read the current situation he is in, as he continues to smile at Daemon. But when he glanced at Daemon's serious facial expression, he had a feeling that things will get really messy from this point onwards.

So he gets himself together and musters up all his courage to talk with Daemon and said to him. "Daemon..."

Before Daemon could allow Barry to say anything, he straights away gives Barry a warning with a furious tone in his voice.

He said, "Do you still remember what the princess asked you before? I mean "The Organization"? Please try to avoid from getting yourself involved in it. That will ensure you to live out your life as a normal kid for the rest of your life. Hope you will listen to what I said. Remember, stay as far as you can from getting yourself involved with them."

When Barry heard what Daemon said to him, he felt confused by Daemon's sudden action. He then asks him about his purpose of giving him a warning, but Daemon refuses to give him his reason at all.

Daemon then said to him. "Anyway, this will only end up as a dream that you met me here. Once you wake up, you will forget that this has ever happened. But there will come a time when you will remember about this. So it's time for you to wake up now."

After he told that to Barry, he snapped his fingers in front of Barry's eyes. This caused Barry to blink his eyes.

When Barry opened up his eyes once again, it was now almost time for him to go to school. He was utterly shocked to have such a dream. He then gets up from bed and scans his surroundings once more to confirm the dream that he had.

When he tries to recall the dream that he had earlier, his head suddenly aches in pain when a part of the dream came to his mind.

Suddenly, his headache vanishes along with the memory of the dream that he had earlier. He then asks himself a question. "Wait... what dream did I have just now? Well, whatever. I have to get myself prepared for school now."

And just like that, Barry has forgotten everything about the dream which he had previously and acts like nothing ever happened at all.

0