Chapter 17 – Afterall
84 1 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Andy and Juan were asking around the school about the missing cases. It was the case that given by Nakamura, aka Club President.

In the break time...

After they went from class 7C and 8E, Andy and Juan found that the missing cases were similar.

Changing school.

Both were changing school instead of reported missing. And its have the same pattern too.

The pattern of absence for a certain time, then news about the school change. It's almost the same.

'I thought this was just misinformation from Nakamura. But after seeing this pattern... I need to ask her directly', Andy.

Andy and Juan just came out from class 8E. With Andy heads down, contemplating.

They just left the senior class. Fortunately, Andy has Juan to assist him.

'... I need to thanks him for accompanying me through..'

When walking out, Juan feels his stomach empty. After all, both of them go around the school in break time and forget to eat their lunch.

"Do you feel hungry? There still time to eat in the cafeteria", Juan.

Andy agrees with him. He to feel his stomach quite empty.

"I want to eat too..", Andy.

"Then, how about we eat at Mrs. Puff. She got delicious soup there!"

Juan recommended one of his favorite stands in the cafeteria. A chicken soup with special seasoning. Andy himself getting hungry just by Juan's description.

It was then that Andy found this situation weird.

'Wait..! why am I this close with him? And eating together?! What th-'

***

In the end, he and Juan go to the cafeteria.

They go asking together too in the next day. And the next's next day again.

They were asking about the missing boys' relationship with their classmates, their behavior, and their last activities before missing. It's already become their routine in the last few days.

"It's troublesome because they don't have a close friend. Hard to find more information..", Juan.

Andy agrees with him. He also feels frustrated about it.

"Even after asking around, nobody knows about them. Didn't have social media, no Club, no friends...", Juan.

"You're right, nobody cares about them", Andy.

Thinking about it made Andy's chest became tight. A fear that he never feels crawling in his lungs.

'If.. if I was missing like them... Would people  still indifferent too?'

Fear of being forgotten. When no one cares about his dissaperence.

'Father.. and Astry.. Would they be like that, too?'

It was a slip of thought that scare him. Something that Andy didn't want to think deeper. And so, he tries to forget it.

He trying to change the topic.

"This will be the last day huh..", Andy.

"Is it? You sure didn't want to ask more students?"

They already doing this asking thing for a few days and Andy himself feel there's nothing more to ask. 

Besides, he was given a deadline by her. So It's normal for this activity to end.

"Yeah. Today was the last day"

***

The next day.

Saturday morning. At Dinan Lake Private Middle School.

Nakamura (Club President) gives him a mission before with a promise to treat his foods. 

And so, he goes there to get his treat.

Andy walks in through the entrance wearing casual clothes. A short-sleeve shirt with black fabric pants.

Beside him was Hamin in one piece dress covered with a thin blue vest. A fancy dress for just eating.

She greets the school guard at the entrance before bringing Andy with her.

Andy just smiles awkwardly at the guard in his post.

"I'm sorry troubling you to escort me like this", Andy.

"It's okay. Don't need to be so stiff", Hamin.

"Yeah.."

They arrive at the front of the club room door.

Hamin opens the door and enters. Proceed to let Andy in.

"Hello..", Andy.

In it were a long table with many foods. A cake decorated with candles was placed in the center.

Andy didn't know how to respond.

He thought the President would treat him to a restaurant with just the two of them. 

Maybe other club members would follow too. Or she would order some Pizza through an app.

'But cake? Doesn't it to extravagance for just a treat? I mean, what I have done is just asking a few students in my break time. No big deal'

He feels a bit touched by it. A big surprise for his hard work.

"Nakamura.. Isn't this too fancy?", Andy.

"Hmm? No. I think it's appropriate. It's for our Chloe afterall", Yukami.

"Wha?"

*****

2