Chapter 18 – Just Pretending
89 2 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Chloe birthday party?"

Yukami told him that this was a birthday party for Chloe.

The birthday date is already passed a few days ago, but they choose Saturday to avoid school time. 

They also doing Club activities while in it, so there will be no problem in getting the room permission.

"But what about my treat? You said you would treat me after I do the mission...", Andy.

He knows this is kinda childish to ask in the middle of someone's party. But...

"Treat? Of course, I remember. After all, I have pay your share for buying the cake", Yukami.

"My share? So.. this party were paid together?"

"Yep. And because you join, you also need to pay. But don't worry, as I said before. I will treat you. So you don't need to pay a single cent. A great deal isn't it?"

"..."

He doesn't feel like getting a treat here.

'Sigh.. whatever. On the bright side, they have many cakes and cookies. So It's still an ok, I guess'

Andy was eyeing the delicacies at the table. A row of cake, cookies, and coke.

'Cake, cookies, coke. Triple C eh.. But why coke? It's doesn't feel right with the cake and cookies..'

The birthday party begins with Yukami making a speech about Chloe. Thanking her and showering her with praise and prayer.

The others were cheering her.

""Cheer..!""

""Woohoo!""

""For Chloe..!!""

"...", Andy.

Different from Andy that stiff silence, the girls were happy for Chloe.

Chloe who wearing a cute light blue dress begins to tear up.

"Everyone.. I-I... This..", Chloe.

Her words become more stammered.

She feels touched by these party events. 

It a different kind of birthday party than the formal one her parents always held. A grand party that consists of her parent colleague.

Here, only her friends attend. Friends that genuinely care about hers. 

Not someone with a formal suit and stiff speech. Not also someone that came just for formality and approaching her parents.

"I.. evry one! Thankyouu!", Chloe.

She begins to bow. A quick bow that makes her head bumps the table. Shaking the food on it.

*Baam..!*

"Ouch..!!"

"Ar-are you okay?", Yukami.

"I think so...", Chloe.

***

After the candle blow, the opening ends with people begin to eat the cake.

Aside from birthday cake, there are also many cakes and cookies.

Andy himself was happily eating brownies. Sliced dark brownies with gold glitter on top of it.

'Is this a real gold? Nah... Probably not', Andy

In front of him, the girls were happily chatting. Talking about conspiracy and weird stuff.

"It's true! I have seen them.. t-they're almost everywhere. In this room their als-", Hamin.

"Sssttt...!! We get it, please. It's scary if you told us like that", Najel.

"But she kinda nice. Looks, she also wants to join the party-"

"NOOOOO..! BLA BLA BLA!! I don't hear, I don't hear...!!", Najel.

Najel closes both ears and singing loudly. Making sure to didn't hear Hamin words.

Najel is afraid of ghosts.

***

In the corner of the room, a pile of gifts was stacked.

'1, 2, 3, 4, 5... Are that birthday gifts?! But.. I don't have one..', Andy.

He feels a bit embarrassed for not bringing a gift.

It can't be helped because he doesn't know anything before this.

'Yet... It's didn't feel right'

"Hmm..? What's wrong Andy?", Yukami.

Yukami who having a chat with Chloe realizes something weird with Andy's behavior. He was looking at the pile of gifts with a complicated gaze.

"Andy?"

He also didn't hear her. 

It was because Andy was in a state of daydreaming. Disconnect from reality for a moment.

Chloe beside Yukami begins aware of it too. She also feels worried about him.

"Emm... Andy? Helloo...", Chloe.

"... Ahh! Sorry. Did you talk to me?", Andy.

"Are you okay? I-I don't know if this impolite.. but, please tell us if you don't feel well. Also, there's infirmary in this school, so..."

"No-no-no. Thanks, but I'm Okay. Perfectly fine!"

"I-is it?"

"Of course! Ahahaha..."

He makes a fake laugh to cover his embarrassment. It was then, he hears notification from his pocket.

*Ding!*

"Wait a minute, It's probably my sister.. hahaha", Andy.

He feels relieved to get out of this awkward conversation.

'Thanks, Astry. I'll buy you ice cream later'

Rummaging, he found his phone and check the message.

But, It was from Nakamura Yukami, the Club President. 

Not his little sister, Astry.

~ Nakamura : Don't need to be worried

~ Andy : ?

~ Nakamura : I already prepared your gift. It's all ok

Andy looks at Nakamura Yukami who was fiddling with her phone.

She looks back at him while making a confused face.

"Hmm...? What's the matter?", Yukami.

Her face is as if never chat him in the first place.

"... Nah.. nothing", Andy.

He knows Yukami is just pretending.

'Sigh.. this girl..'

*****

3