Chapter 20 – Cumbersome
81 2 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The next day. 

On Sunday morning.

Andy was having a good night's sleep. Something that he missed.

He can't remember the content of it, but the dream was enjoyable. 

It was... until someone wake him up.

"Hey-hey-hey... Don't you want to get breakfast first..?"

It was the sound of his sister. Accompanied with a rough shake to his body.

"Hmm..?", Andy.

'It's Sunday!? Why would you need breakfast?'

It baffled him.

The housemaid would usually make breakfast. But Andy didn't like doing activities in the morning, especially on Sunday, so usually, he pass it. 

His sister would know it well. She knows Andy's habits.

So it doesn't make sense.

"Get a breakfast. You don't want to be hungry in the way later, right?", Astry.

'Way later? ...Ahh!! I get it..'

Now he remembers.

Last night they made a plan to buy some stuff in the mall. Then, he agreed. Even though didn't know what to buy.

'What a wicked plan...'

It's because her sister asked him before going to sleep. It was when he feel so sleepy and just want to finish it quickly.

So, he agreed to her half-sleepily.

'And by chance, that day is today. On Sunday. What a mess..'

"... yeah, yeah. Stop shaking me already.."

He sits up in his bed and searching phone. 

On the screen written 8 AM.

Grudgingly standing up, Andy gets out of his room. Leaving Astry behind.

"Wait up...", Astry.

Truth be told, he feels irritated. A bit.

Yesterday he need to go to a birthday party. And now, to a mall.

It was like those popular or extrovert people's activities.

"Then, I'm a normie now?"

And so, they get down to eat their breakfast.

A cereal.

In the dining room, the housemaid prepares toast, smoked sausage, salad, and any kind of food.

Yet, Andy chooses chocolate cereal with milk, out of boredom. He was tired of eating the same breakfast every day and want a change. Even if It's for a day.

That's was one of the reasons he didn't eat breakfast on weekend. It was to have a habit change once in a while.

'Repetitive makes boring... right?', Andy.

His sister is eating her breakfast, a salad. It was then, he remember his father.

"Astry, where's father?"

"I'd don't know.. try asking aunty", Astry.

She replied while glued to her salad.

"Aunty, do you know where's father is"

He tried asking the housemaid.

Aunty, the Housemaid holds her chin. She makes a thinking pose while in the kitchen.

"I think.. he was in Dubai or something... But he doesn't tell me anything, so he would come in a few days. Well, like usual"

"Is that so.."

After Andy stops asking, Astry raises her hand. Trying to get the housemaid's attention.

"Aunty-aunty! do you have a plan later? Because I and Andy will go out to buy some stuff"

"Ohh? What stuff?"

"Ehh.. you know.. some stuff. The important thing is! That we go to the Y.L to buy some stuff"

"Hmm... I don't mind. You would go with your brother, right? Then, just be careful out there"

"Okay!"

She makes an 'Ok' hand sign to the housemaid.

It was crucial to have approval from her before going out. Not an obligation, but the housemaid has responsibility for them. 

She was their temporary guardian after all.

Besides that, the Housemaid has already become the second parent for them. Especially for Astry.

"Andy, remember to take care of your sister, okay?", Aunty.

"Yeah! Hear that! Take care of your 'little sister'. Big bro"

Andy who was eating peacefully is making a confused face.

"...???"

***

After filling their stomach, Andy and Astry walk their way to nearby bus stops.

Passing away houses like the usual route, they sit at the bench.

"Huh.. It's really hot"

"Only a bit. Not that hot, duh"

Andy sits while fanning himself. Near him was Astry looking at the street.

She humming an unricognized song, tapping her feet at the concrete.

Because there are people that waiting for the bus like them, Andy asks her to sit at the end of the bench, while he sits beside her.

Before long, the bus finally came.

It slowly stops and opened the door.

In it, no one was there except the driver. So they can get in without waiting for people who want to get out.

In hurry, Andy and Astry choose the front seat so they can get out faster.

"By the way, what would you buy there?"

"Some clothes and shoes. Maybe more if I see something that I need", Astry.

"Don't you already have many shoes at home?"

"Many? Just a few. Anyway, let's just circle a bit. Who knows, you would probably catch an intresting thing to buy"

Cumbersome.

'Sigh... Basically, you just want to throw your money and time, right?', Andy 

That what Andy thinks.

An unnecessary event with no benefit.

'Huh... There's goes again, my holiday...'

He feels disheartened.

Astry who seeing his silent brother tease him.

"What? You not like it?", Astry.

"Well, whatever..."

"It's good for you too. Instead of sleeping all day long, why not do some outdoor activity? Don't you think it's more worthwhile?"

"..."

He didn't have a comment. No, he didn't want to.

In the first place, Andy wasn't in the mood. He was too lazy to counter her argument.

'Really? Outdoor activity?'

He has way too many arguments to oppose hers. Her opinion was riddled with many holes and all.

But in the end..

"Yeah, yeah. You're absolutely right"

An agreement. 

Agree because he knows, winning or losing the argument, he still needs to accompany her.

Why? 

Because the Aunty herself has already told him to take care of Astry. It was an indirect task. 

A responsibility to take care of Astry.

So he just agree to it. Less waste more of his energy to debate her.

'In the end. Agree or disagree with her will have the same conclusion. So let's just save my energy here...'

*****

1