1/ The Pandora’s box
42 1 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

As the full moon lit up a starless sky, music could be heard. These sounds were accompanied by the shouts of people, it was a party that was taking place at the edge of a beach, the noise of the waves being muffled by the atmosphere. This party was taking place along the beautiful Plage des Dames in Noirmoutier, France. A place which during the day was paradisiacal in the heart of a forest of maritime pines, with its old wooden boom resembling a bridge going towards the sea. But this evening, this place had been investigated by students who had decided to make a big party and it was in full swing at this precise moment, it was then 23:30.

"This party is really great ouhhh we're going home high tonight!" Shouted a youngster with a glass of alcohol in his hand.

"Nathan you're already wasted slow down there." Then exclaimed another youth who seemed to be his friend.

"Shut up Lucas and have some fun, you haven't touched a drop of alcohol all night. You're the only one who hasn't had a drink tonight, get off your ass and try to have some fun. (Nathan)

"Just a reminder that I need to get you home, I don't want us all to end up embedded in a wall. I have a feeling you don't remember what happened last time Nathan." (Lucas)

"It was a little accident, you're such a killjoy. Come on, let's go dancing with some chicks at least you can have some fun." (Nathan)

The two young people then both began to enjoy the evening like all the students who had come here to have fun and get rid of the stress of the exams. As the wind started to blow stronger and the waves hit the shore, time was running out. The minutes passed one by one as the students sank into euphoria, alcohol and even sex.

23 : 58

What they didn't notice was the sky slowly changing color. The wind had picked up and the waves were beginning to hit the beach and the bridge harder. But the music and the atmosphere had cut them off from the world to find themselves in that of the party.

23 : 59 

Suddenly, the sky was lit up by an intense red glow and this time everyone looked up into the sky now away from the party world. What they saw now was a moon that had turned completely red illuminating the beach. The crowd was amazed by the unexpected event that was happening before their eyes.

"Wow, this is so beautiful!" Some exclaimed.

This festive night was marked by an event as beautiful as unexpected, as blue lightning began to fill the sky in a great crash. This startled some of the people present in the place, who saw these flashes of lightning in the sky when there was not the slightest cloud.

Admiring now this phenomenon which resembled no known phenomenon in the history of humanity. Everybody observing this magnificent spectacle all this with curiosity, but also with a small ball in the belly. And with reason, because it is also said sometimes that all that is synonymous of beauty can be fatal!

Midnight had fallen!

And with a heavy crash, a gigantic blue lightning bolt struck the bridge, making the crowd shudder to the point of fright for some.

0:00

Where the lightning had struck a sort of circular blue door was clearly visible at the end of the bridge. It moved in a swirling pattern and gave off a brilliant glow.

The less drunk and the more reasonable called the police to warn of the phenomenon. But who would believe it if they were told such a thing, when those driven by alcohol and curiosity, had come closer to the bridge.

"Let's go and see what it is." Nathan then said with his eyes having narrowed a bit from the alcohol.

"You're crazy! Stay there, you've had too much to drink, it might be dangerous!" Warned then panicked and lucid Lucas.

"Roh let me! Hey, guys, let's go see this thing." Nathan shouted to his other friends.

The most adventurous had then engaged on the bridge approaching this thing the crowd watching them from afar, with for some the ball in the stomach. Then Lucas looked at his friend and the others arriving in front of the portal.

"Wow, this thing is amazing! Said Nathan in awe of the phenomenon.

The young man, under the influence of alcohol and out of curiosity, passed his hand through the portal under the worried looks of the other students.

"Guys, my hand is going through it! You should try it, it's a really weird feeling!" He exclaimed amused.

But the reckless and the foolish are always the first to die!

Ahhh! Ahhh! Something grabbed my arm! he shouted, distress taking hold of him.

"Hold him, hold him!" His friends then cried out in panic as he was sucked into the blue vortex.

Despite the efforts of the others to hold him back and prevent him from being swept away, he then disappeared into that thing. Everyone was now unable to look away in fear and the seconds seemed to last for hours.

After a moment in which everyone's breath had been taken away, Nathan emerged from the thing with a smile on his face. When he saw the frightened faces of his friends, he could not help but laugh. This provoked indignation among his friends.

"You're so fucking stupid!" One of them shouted indignantly.

"If you could have seen your faces, guys, it was really..." (Nathan)

In the general incomprehension, his head was torn off and flew in a bloody effusion as his body collapsed on the ground. His head flew off and crashed into the feet of Lucas, who then looked down at his feet as his breathing quickened. Nathan's head was staring back at him, his eyes wide open, blood flowing from his torn neck.

Fear had instinctively taken hold of him, preventing him from moving, but allowing him to raise his head. From this rift came out a large creature resembling in some respects a lion. But a lion doesn't rip off a head in one fell swoop and this creature was much larger than a lion. It had bright red skin and some kind of horn on the top of its head, but the most terrible thing was when several of these creatures came out.

The trembling, fear-stricken crowd realized one thing staying here could only mean one thing: Death! Panic spread as the crowd now ran in all directions dictated by their survival instinct.

The creatures that had just emerged from the commotion then screamed as if to signal the opening of the hunt. The ones closest to them then eventually began to be stalked and eaten alive.

"Is this hell?" Said then Lucas in front of this horrific spectacle.

----------

In a police station not far away, several police officers were talking to each other, also appearing to be preparing.

"We got a call from several young people testifying that a blue door, would have opened near the beach." (Police Officer)

"Could this be related to what happened earlier with the moon?" Questioned a colleague.

"Probably, but this story of blue door, it is more probably due to a lot of alcohol and drugs, which must have made them hallucinate." Shared another.

"The youth of today are really a calamity." Complained one more.

"What we can do? So come on, let's do a few quick calls." Said then the one who seemed to be the team leader.

They then headed to the location and once they arrived the moonlit sky that was clear and starless was hidden by clouds. The place was now darker without natural light as they got out of their vehicle. So they advanced with flashlights in the pine forest to reach the beach.

"There's no noise, that's pretty weird for a party isn't it?" One policeman wondered.

"It's true that it's weird especially since these parties are very noisy normally." Answered the chief as they had made good progress.

"Oh my god!" Shouted then a policeman who fell on the ground.

The chief then saw the face of his pale and terrified colleague pointing to a tree. He then turned his lamp in the direction indicated, to see the body of a young woman dismembered in the branches, her guts hanging in the air.

He instinctively threw up, the sight of this body was unbearable, accompanied by a nauseating smell of blood and shit. And another policeman moving the light a little further, then discovered many other badly mutilated corpses littering the ground by the hundred.

Panic, fear and stress gripped them as their heart rates and breaths quickened.

As a noise in the foliage petrified them, before they turned around in fear. Their weapons pointed in the direction of the noise, and finally a youth emerged from the bushes with bright red eyes and face. The youth in question was Lucas, facing the men in terror.

"Don't move! What happened here!?" Yelled the leader.

"I don't have time to explain, run to the car! Now! Said he, now running in their direction.

"I said don't move!" Spluttered the man as the young man but he continued to run towards them."

But the problem changed when behind him appeared the creatures, revealing fangs covered in blood with still pieces of human flesh. Petrifying the policemen, while the youngster was already far ahead of them, and the chief without hesitation began to follow him.

"Run!" He shouted to his men.

But then he heard shots, two of his colleagues firing their weapons. For they had not been able to move because of fear. Unfortunately, the bullets did not have any effect on the creatures and they were attacked, their cries of pain echoing as they were devoured.

The leader was running at full speed with the other two who had ignored the fear and listened to his orders. But while running at a few meters apart, one of them was suddenly cut in two, spreading his entrails on the ground. Under the eyes of the two others, the chief and the remaining policewoman who continued their way. And after a few more meters, the woman suddenly got jumped on by one of the creatures.

"Ahhhh!" Shouted she as the creature carried her off into the bushes.

After a frantic run, he finally arrived at the car the young man was already behind the wheel ready to go. He then settled without wasting time before something crashed on the windshield. He then saw the body of her colleague flattened on it in blood with one eye missing.

"Save... Save me..." She begged her leader with a bloody face to save her.

"Drive what are you waiting for!" He shouted at the young man in panic.

The face of the woman then decomposed in front of the attitude of his chief.

"Mercy! Mercy! I beg you, I have children! she shouted with a trembling voice.

"Fucking drive!" He continued to yell.

The young man then began to roll while the body of the young woman who continued to plead for her life slowly slid. The sound of her body being crushed under the car gave them the chills. But no matter for them and especially for him, they had managed to escape.

They went back to the police station to warn everyone, mobilizing the whole city. But the problem was that this phenomenon was not only related to the beach or the city or even the country. No, it went far beyond that, it was a worldwide problem, everywhere monsters were emerging from blue colored portals. 

In all the cities of the world, chaos had taken over the places and the hearts. And when the clouds finally left the sky a new phenomenon was observed, the red moon had disappeared and had turned to black hiding the sun. Plunging the whole earth in a night of terror for a whole week. This night of terror for all mankind was then named The Great Night.

-----------

Thanks you for reading 

You can help me financially and have access to many advantages just from 1 €. It is important for me to be independent. 

Link here becomes a support: https://bit.ly/3i1HaYm

Thanks to the contributors.

Thanks to Cadméa for her subscription level 4.

Thanks to Allan Kellar for his subscription level 3.

Thanks to Slik Silk for his subscription level 3.

Thanks to Bryce for his subscription level 3.

Thanks to Jean for his subscription level 1

0