Chapter 3: Royal Academy.
563 4 25
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The past two months have gone by quite fast, but they've also been enjoyable. True to his word our father has spent more time with us, and he makes sure to atleast have one meal with us a day. We've both come to quite like it here, even though we had to argue a lot with father about us sharing a room, neither of us wanted to sleep without one another, and it just doesn't feel right to us to have our separate rooms.

I'm currently reading a book about this world, and trying to figure out more about this "Igrit". So far we haven't found much, as our empire doesn't have a lot of records regarding him. Maybe we'll have to make a trip to the Kingdom of Hope in the future to find more. What we have figured out is that this world only has one religion, and their goddess is the Moon Goddess of Creation. She is said to have created this world and others, along with their races. After creation she has apparently not been meddling too much, letting the races run their natural course, but there is proof of her existence, as in times of need when the world is threatened as a whole, she has bestowed parts of her divinity to a single person, granting them the power to stop the threat if he can rise to the occasion. Due to the familiarity we have with this name, our theory is that this goddess might have been the one who put us in this world.

"Em, Atla, want to join me for dinner?"

Oh, that's our father. Apparently he likes to see us read, so instead of having servants summon us for when we eat together, he makes sure to come in person. A gesture both of us quite enjoy.

"Just a moment father, just let me finish this page."

Our father let's out a hearty laughter, it seems he smiles and laughs quite a lot in our presence, it is enjoyable hearing him laugh, as his voice is quite calming. "Oh Atla, I'm glad you like knowledge but haven't you read almost the entire royal library in the past couple of months?"

"I guess? I think I have a couple of sections left, but I do quite enjoy the books we do have. Do you think there'll be more books at the academy we don't have here?" I look at my father, and for a second his expression sours. "Hmm, yes I suppose they might."

After putting down my book I grab my sisters hand and we walk with our father towards the dining room, chatting about everyday life and the state of our kingdom. Our meal is quite enjoyable, but both of us notice our father has something on his mind. After we've had our cups of tea filled, he orders everyone to leave the room before putting up his soundproofing barrier.

"Now. I'm really sorry that I have to let both of you out of the safety of the castle, but we've had no further discoveries regarding the culprit behind the poisoning incident. I hate to let you both into the academy that is more accessible, but from what I've heard from your tutors you have both accomplished quite a lot over the past couple of months in your magic training, and they assure me you can both defend yourself if needed. I know I'm your father and I love both of you, but I am also an emperor, with the responsibility of keeping our empire safe. Both of you keep your eyes open in the academy, and report anything or anyone suspicious back to me."

Our father walks towards us and kneels before us. Something he can only do as it's only the three of us in the room.

"Atla, this scroll will teach you how to detect and neutralize poisons, both magical and organic. Use it on you and your sister's meals, okay?"

I give him a nod and take the scroll, perusing it for a few seconds before turning my attention back to our father.

"Em, this artifact will allow you to burn letters. I have another one that is linked to the one I'm giving you. This will be our way of communicating and how you can give me your reports. Take good care of it and make sure nobody else has access to it. Now. I love both of you my dear daughters. Tomorrow we'll eat breakfast and then I'll send both of you off towards the academy."

We both give our father a hug, and after a few more minutes of chatting we retire to our room for the night.

"Em, why do you think we are in this world? If our theory is correct, then the world's existence is going to be threatened within a few years."

"I don't know Atla, but I know as long as we have each other, I don't think we'll have anything to fear. We'll use our time at the academy to gather some connections and collect some minions, and then I guess we'll just prepare and wait for whatever happens."

I giggle at my sister's words and take her hand, gazing into her eyes. This is something we've done quite a bit the past few months, as it calms us both down.

"Em, just remember not to call our subjects minions to anyone but me, okay?"

My sister realizes her mistake, and we both giggle before snuggling up to each other, slowly drifting into sleep.


"Okay girls. I won't see you until your break in half a year, but make sure to stay in contact and take care of each other."

"Yes father."

"We will father."

Our father gives us a family hug, and we step off into the carriage and set off towards the Royal Academy. Our journey is quite smooth, and we arrive at the city plaza where there is a teleportation facility. While it is the Royal Academy, it's not located in the capital. It's actual location is a secret, as it's supposed to make it more secure and harder for intruders to enter. Of course both me and my sister know it's located in the mountains west of the capital, but only a handful of people know where it is. We both step into the teleportation facility and is greeted by an older man with a white beard. He gives us a bow and starts speaking.

"Welcome your highnesses. I've prepared a private teleportation room for both of you. Please come this way." 

We follow the old man into our private room, and step onto the magic circle in the room. I take my sister's hand as the circle starts to glow, before enveloping us in white light. As our vision comes back, we're greeted by a small room, where a middle aged woman is waiting for us.

"Welcome Princess Atlantica and Princess Ember. We're so glad you both decided to attend our academy. My name is Sabrina Emeralda, and I'm the headmistress at the Royal Academy. If you would both follow me I'll take you to your room. Orientation isn't until tomorrow, so you have the rest of the day to roam around and relax."

After the woman gives us a small curtsy, my sister takes my hand and we follow after her. I give my sister a warm smile when she takes my hand, it makes me happy when she initiates physical contact. We wander about the corridors in silence as we both take in our surroundings. The academy is made out of wood and stone, but it's all been enchanted with different magic for defense and utility. Royalty priveliege is quite nice as I've been allowed by our father to study the defensive enchantments surrounding our castle and the academy. 

Out of a window there's a courtyard with a big fountain in the middle. The lip of the fountain is quite wide and there's students in uniform sitting around chatting. Beyond the courtyard is a well maintained garden, with a walkway in the middle towards the public teleportation platform. As we are royalty of this kingdom we have our own private room that has an encrypted enchantment, making it near impervious to outside interference.

We arrive at a corridor with only one room. This section is in the left wing of the building, and is dedicated towards boarding rooms, as everyone besides us and special people need a permit to leave the academy. We're on the top floor which has a room dedicated to royalty. Below us is the room for high nobility, and below them regular nobility and commoners. The mixing of commoners and lower nobility is apparently unique to this academy, and was met with quite a lot of criticism at the founding, but it was soon shown that the lower nobility and common people appreciate it, as it's easier to find both subjects for nobility, and work for commoners.

"Now, this is your room. You have total privacy in this room, and it's been enchanted with anti-spying measures and soundproofing. As such anything from the inside of the room cannot be heard outside, and from the outside the room will appear empty from the windows. The bathroom is also fitted with different enchantments, and replaces the function of maid for most nobility. And since it was a request from His Majesty the Emperor, we have vacated the different royalty rooms on this floor, as such you are the only two tenants."

We say our thanks as the headmistress takes her leave, as we enter the room. Our clothing and items has already been sent here and are stowed away into their proper place. There's also a bookshelf with some of the books I requested from our father, along with a lot of space for more books.

"Em, look! We have a single big bed instead of two separate beds, do you think that's thanks to Father?"

My sister contemplates this for a second and gives me a nod, before taking my hand and dragging me towards the bed. We should probably make our way out towards campus and familiarize ourselves, but I see that my sister is in need of some cuddles. I can never deny my sister the affection she needs, so we both snuggle in close on top of the bed, looking at each other.

As long as I have her and she has me, we'll both be fine.

25