Chapter 4: Prince of Hope.
527 0 28
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Atla, wake up." 

"Mmm, five more minutes."

"Oh sis, you asked for it."

A few seconds later I am wide awake and glaring at my sister. She just gives me a smug look saying "you deserved it". Apparently I have quite the trouble waking up, so she has invented the "Wake up Atlantica" method of tickling me until I'm out of breath. I absolutely hate it, but she enjoys it so much I just can't stay mad at her.

I look at the clock at the wall and I see we've been sleeping for just over an hour, or atleast I have?

"Em, was I the only one who fell asleep?"

My sister snuggles up to my side and lays her head on my shoulder. "Mhmm, you're so cute when you're sleeping so I just watched you and couldn't fall asleep." Considering we're identical apart from our colours, and I love watching her sleep aswell, I can probably assume she feels the same way. I comb through her hair with my hand as we sit there in silence, enjoying each other's company. We fit quite well together, as I'm quite cold, and she's quite hot, so we regulate our temperatures by the comfort of the other. It is very pleasant.

"Mmm, Atla we should probably get up and take a look around."

I give my sister a nod before we each fix each other's hair. Once we're changed and presentable, we exit the room and stroll towards the courtyard. As I look back at the building I can see with my eyes the U shape of the building. The left wing is the dorms, the right wing is the lecture halls, and the center is administration and the cafeteria. There are a few private rooms for high nobility in the cafeteria, but I surmise that me and my sister will most likely not use them that much, as it's easier to gather information amongst the people. Behind the building there's an arena for sparring and duels. The concept of the duels here are quite interesting, as there can be any condition set upon the loser, as long as it's agreed upon beforehand. This also includes handing over the losers life to the winner. These death duels have to be overseen by the headmistress for political purposes. Since a lot of the students are nobility and royalty from different smaller kingdoms, our Empire oversees the results of these duels to make sure someone doesn't use a death in the arena as an instigation for war.

"Excuse me ladies."

We both turn around to see a boy around our age standing there. He has silver hair and light blue eyes, and has a slender yet fit build, and about a head taller than us, a bit smaller than our father. He's looking at us with a smug expression on his face. I do not know who the boy is or what he wants, but I assume he's about to tell us.

"My name is Ignacius von Hope, and I am the Prince of Hope. I offer you both pretty ladies the honour of joining me in my bed tonight."

Me and my sister both look at each other, before she gives me a slight nod. I turn back towards the idiotic boy.

"Ignacius von Hope, are you declaring war on the Empyrean Empire?"

A look of visible confusion is plastered on his face, and it's quite obvious he does not know who we are. The students around us have gathered into an audience, and a few people that I recognize as nobility of our empire do indeed know who we are. Some are looking at the idiotic boy with amusement, and a few others horror.

"Declare war on the Empyrean Empire? What crazy talk is this? Did I not just introduce myself and give you the honour of warming my bed, and you talk about declaring war?"

This idiotic boy is obviously clueless, so my sister gives him a big hint.

"Pardon me, I believe we have yet to introduce ourselves."

The Prince of Hope looks at my sister with a perplexed expression.

"My name is Ember Fervis Empyrea, and this is my sister and successor to the throne of Empyrea, the future empress Atlantica Azuris Empyrea."

The boy has a surprised expression, but does not quite fathom the severity of his statement. I guess I'll have to educate him.

"Prince of Hope, by being a prince of such a grand kingdom as yours, you do not know our faces. Adding to this you've also insulted our honour by asking us to be your whores. Do you understand the severity of your statement?"

Realization dawns on him as his face turns pale and horrified.

"Now, unless you want to lose your tongue, your life or your kingdom, I suggest you learn some manners and don't bother us in the future."

Of course only half of it is true, while we may take his life in the arena, declaring war over such stupidity is insane, but I have no doubts this idiotic boy doesn't understand that.

"Well then, we bid you adieu. Let's go Atla."

My sister takes my hand and we walk away, leaving a very confused idiot standing and contemplating what just happened. I give my sister a warm smile and she returns it with a slight giggle. Her voice has grown on me, and I truly enjoy it when she gives me affection and shows me her emotions.

"Do you think he'll come back for more, or try to do something stupid?"

"Does it matter Atla? If he does something stupid he'll forfeit his life. I don't really care if he's the prince of that kingdom, if he desecrates your honour again I will make sure he disappears for good."

I squeeze my sister's hand and give her a slight peck on the cheek.

"Thank you Em, I love you."

My sister gives me another giggle before dragging me into her warm embrace.

"I love you too Atla."

28