Chapter 8: Planting the seeds
495 10 28
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"So um, girls do you mind if we use one of the private rooms in the cafeteria? There's a question I wanted to ask."

My sister looks at me and I nod at her. "I know Em, he's probably going to ask about that. I don't know why he's doing that within hours of meeting us. I just can't fathom what's going through his mind if that's the question he actually is going to ask."

Em doesn't give me a response, but we're both thinking the same thing.

We nod at Daniel and make our way through the cafeteria. After picking up some dishes, mainly stews and steaks, we head towards one of the available private rooms.

These rooms are nothing special, but I notice the runes of the door, creating a silencing barrier inside this room, aswell as another one locking the door from the outside.

Halfway through our meal Daniel puts down his utensils and starts fidgeting, here we go.

"So um. A few months back my father started getting distressed, and I overheard him saying something about 'it didn't work'. This made me curious so I asked father's closest retainer, and I was told there was an incident in the castle. I couldn't get anymore information, but I've been curious ever since." Daniel looks between me and my sister, asking what happened with his gaze.

Is this boy an Idiot? If something confidential happened in the castle, and he hears "it didn't work" from his father, why in our mother's name would he ask us about it?

"Atla, I have no clue if he's stupid or if this is some sort of ploy, but let me do the talking."

I look at my sister, loosing my focus in her crimson eyes that are staring back at mine, every time she looks at me it's like her eyes comes alive with a blaze. I snap back to reality, as I realize I lost myself in her eyes yet again, something that has been happening far too often lately, but I digress.

"What makes you think we would tell you about it?" My sister looks at the boy with a sharp gaze, and her tone is anything but friendly.

The poor boy can not hold up under the scrutiny of my sister, and he's visibly sweating.

"I-i-i just thought since I'm the son of a duke..."

"That you're privy to the matters of the royal castle, one that apparently not even your own father wanted to discuss with you?" My sister finishes what he was thinking but didn't dare to say. Neither of us understands, until Sylvie offers up a piece of information.

"He thought it was the matter of your marriage."

"He what? Is this how all boys in this empire, nay this world thinks? First it was that idiotic prince, and now this guy? Em it seems we have a lot to do in this world, since apparently girls aren't even given basic courtesy, and we're royalty."

"But Atla, this can be good though, just let me handle it. Now please don't show any visible reaction, I'm going to let him know what happened, and if I'm right we can set in motion something that will give us a lot of information."

"Thank you for that Sylvie, as it obviously explains how much he misunderstood. No. We are not dealing with the matters of our marriage, something, quite frankly you have nothing to do with, Mr. Ferdinand." My sister gives the boy a cold glaze, complete opposite of her domain of fire.

He visibly shrinks further under her gaze, but she lets up and looks back towards Sylvie.

"No, what happened was an attempt on our life, as we were both poisoned."

Daniel just looks confused when my sister says what happened, while Sylvie contemplates this new information for a second before she grows visibly pale and looks at Daniel with a horrified expression, obviously realizing the implications of the conversation.

"Em, she's smart. If she can be trusted we can make good use of her."

"I agree, but it also makes her more dangerous. I think I'd like to focus our attention on the Hillroys, as I'm sure Daniel is going to do our work for us and cause chaos inside his household, we can just ask father to pay more attention to the Ferdinands, while we work on this girl."

Daniel is looking even more perplexed due to the expression on Sylvie's face. I'm quite curious as to how she will react to this situation.

"I know we're inside the academy, but I feel this has to be said. Daniel is obviously misunderstanding what has transpired. While I won't speak for the matters of his household, I can assure you this boy is too stupid to plot something like what you describe. On his behalf, I truly apologize for the offense he just caused, Princess Atlantica, Princess Ember."

Daniel looks even more confused, and Sylvie puts a hand on his head forcing him to bow. "Ssylvie what are you-."

"Shut up, I will not bother wasting more time explaining your mistake in the presence of our future rulers."

Sylvie bows with Daniel, and with a polite excuse leaves the room.

As to not cause any suspicion, we both leave the room shortly after and make our way to our living quarters. Once inside I fall on the bed after taking of my shoes. While neither of us remembers a lot of our time with our mother, living with mortals is truly a stressing matter, with all the plots and ploys. And while it may be hypocritical of me, I know we will have to plot equally as much until we can understand more about the Evil God.

I feel a hand on my head, slowly stroking it as my sister lays down besides me. "I know it's tiring Atla, but I'm sorry you'll just have to put up with it while we're in this realm. You just focus on preparing to be Empress, and I'll support you with everything I can, starting with taking care of this, okay?"

I give me sister something between a growl and a purr, as while I am annoyed, I truly enjoy her comfort and soothing presence.

My sister gives me an amused giggle. "I don't know how long we'll have to be here Atla, but while we might have to be here for a decade or two, remember we have an eternity together afterwards. Maybe we can visit another one of our mother's worlds, and have an enjoyable life on that world for a century or two, before moving onto the next world. Who knows, maybe we can make our own world eventually, where we can both live together."

I turn around onto my back, letting my sister's words flow through me as I imagine our own world with nothing but our creations and live in bliss. My sister gently kisses me and caresses my cheek with her hand, staring into my eyes as I imagine she's trying to figure out my daydream.

"If it helps, think of this time and realm as our start. We have to figure out how our divinity works, deal with the Evil God, and everything in between, and after that we should be able to leave here and do whatever we want."

I pull my sister into my embrace as she keeps stroking my hair as I close my eyes and lay my head on her chest, feeling the heartbeat of her warm body.

"I might not enjoy the mortals we've met so far, maybe besides our father, but I don't care as long as I have you by my side. Promise me an eternity?"

"I promise Atla, until the day we do not longer want to exist, I'll always be by your side."

28