Chapter 3 – System Status 2
142 2 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 

Chapter 3 - System Status 2

 

 

“What is this blue thing?”

“She actually has a system status! This encounter must be fate; I was waiting for this kind of encounter for so long!”

Azuria was very confused at the blue screen that suddenly appeared before her, but everyone else in the room was very excited. Kanaka was rolling on the ground, Lily was punching the wall, Shoto was dancing, and Hitotsu, who has yet to talk at all, began cheering and swinging a sword around. 

Wait, where did that sword come from? I think I may have stepped into the wrong household.

Although Azuria was glad there was no hostility towards her, their behaviour was very out of the ordinary. Azuria just sat silently whilst finishing off the breakfast Shoto prepared as chaos unfolds in the house. 

Maybe this is normal; this is perfectly fine. Perhaps this is average for people of this world.

“I should probably find a way to get back home.”

Azuria muttered as she finished off her glass of milk. Just as she gulped down the last droplet of milk left in the glass cup, a blue message appeared in front of her.

  Somini's Inheritor Confirmed:  

Gate:

Keijuutsuonlai

“Somini? Keijuutsuonlai?”

Azuria muttered. Suddenly, a lot of power sucked out of Azuria; about 90% of her mana was gone. Mana wasn’t easy to recover; you can only regain it over time or through mana infused consumables, the former of which would take several months for Azuria whilst the latter was very scarce and expensive. 

After losing most of her mana, Azuria collapsed on the floor, out of breath, since it was the first time she had lost so much mana in such a short amount of time. 

The room began to feel heavy, the centre of the room started to open up to a small hole with a black void. The mysterious black void was a metre in diameter. The space around the dark void twisted while enveloped in a mystical aura. 

“Alright, we’ve packed four bags of essential materials. Let’s venture forth to a new world and escape electrical bills!”

Kanaka suddenly appeared behind the collapsed Azuria with a massive backpack twice her height. Behind Kanaka were Shoto, Lily, and Hitotsu. The first looked a little too excited, whilst the latter two looked anxious.

“Time to construct a pyramid scheme in another world.”

Shoto said some weird stuff, which was quite different from the and Shoto that Azuria first met. You can never judge a book by its cover.

“I need to research this system later. This void should hopefully be the return method to my old world, Celesti.”

Azuria mumbled as she got back on her feet with the help of the table nearby. Kanaka already went in whilst the other three were waiting for Azuria. 

“I hope I don’t encounter any more weird Humans.”

Azuria crawled into the black void, and the other three quickly followed in along as well. The black void was… pitch black. There was some kind of pressure compressing the body, and after a few seconds, a bright light blinded everyone. 

After the light faded, they were lying atop a hill on a prairie, looking up at the sky. The sun was in the middle of the sky, which meant it should be around noon. There was an endless stretch of grass, which continued beyond the horizon. 

Next to Azuria were Shoto, Lily, Kanaka, and Hitotsu, with the black void behind them. Kanaka was digging up the ground and putting dirt samples into a weird transparent bag whilst Hitotsu pulled out a few weapons and gave them to Lily and Shoto, who were both casually eating a sandwich. Everyone immediately went to do their own things, like shouting embarrassing lines and chanting(?) spells, which ultimately failed. 

“Is everyone alright?”

Although everyone looked fine, Azuria asked just in case. Everyone nodded and continued doing their own things whilst Azuria stood watching in awe and shock. There was a feeling of Deja Vu. 

The black void dissipated after 3 minutes and, although their location is unclear, this is definitely a different place from before. 

While everyone was doing their own things, Azuria sat down and began reflecting on herself, which was an old habit she developed a while back. 

Once everyone finished doing their own things, Azuria began to walk towards where the sun was setting and apparently, Kanaka prepared everything needed for this kind of scenario every month. 

Are these kinds of scenarios a common occurrence amongst Humans of another world?

Azuria couldn’t help but wonder. Time quickly flew by, and everyone managed to reach the outskirts of a forest by sunset, which became the camping grounds for the night. 

“I’m sorry, Princess, but I’ve only prepared 4 tents for another world.”

“It’s fine, and you can just call me Azuria.”

Kanaka apologised before suggesting that Azuria should sleep with Lily, but she quickly rejected that out of fear. Azuria slept in the woods a few times when she was chased by Human mercenaries, so she was fine with sleeping outside of a tent. 

Although Azuria’s mana pool was running low, she could maintain some flame magic to keep a fire alive and warm without wood as fuel. 

Everyone ate some canned food that was brought by Kanaka whilst discussing random topics, Lily tried to k̶i̶d̶n̶a̶p̶ pull Azuria into her tent, but Azuria managed to escape. Midnight came around, and everything became silent except for a crackling fire. Azuria was asleep on a log with a blanket provided by Kanaka whilst everyone else was in a tent. 

What a crazy and interesting group of Humans.

Azuria thought before closing her eyes to rest. 

yes no
  • yes Votes: 6 66.7%
  • no Votes: 3 33.3%
  • yesn't Votes: 6 66.7%
Total voters: 9 · This poll was closed on May 14, 2021 10:07 PM.
7