Glimpse
16 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

In front of him was a wooden baby crib. It was a bit unique baby crib decorated with an elegant engraving along its design. The shape was the same as any other baby crib. The only problem was Sharod was familiar with the engraving.

In the garage which his father usually keeps his useless things like big artifacts, unused tools, or just any other junks, there exists this baby crib, the very same one as the one in front of Sharod. It was already gathering dust there, Sharod found it when he was moving some artifact for his father.

He asked whose baby crib is that in which his father told him.

“It is you and your sister's baby crib, it was a costume-made baby crib which your mother brought when we had your sister. It was a well-made one so we just use it for you as well… now it is just a fond memory of your mother…. Never mind, let’s move, there are other things we have to move.”

It happened when he was ten and he had clearly remembered it. His father’s sad and nostalgic face was clear to him, it was his mother's favorite crib, I think.

Sharod felt his hand moved by itself and grabbed the baby very gently. Then a voice of a mother soothing her son was heard from his mouth. The sound was very heart-warming and nostalgic to Sharod. It was buried inside his memory from when he was a child, a very fond memory of his mother.

“Are you hungry Shary? Chu chu, let mother gave you milk.”

This is my mother’s memory.

It was a mother’s voice consoling a child. Then he looked down to his hand lowering the collar of his clothes to reveal a big mount sticking onto his chest. Then his hand that was cradling the baby moved to bring the baby's mouth to her chest.

At that moment, before he even fathoms what just happened, his surrounding blurred once more and he was feeling the same moving feel he felt before. It was less intense and he was also used to it. I just witness my mother’s memory, what’s happening?

He then arrived at a room full of toys like a toy truck, toy dinosaur, toy block. A child around the age of three was playing with all of the toys. He was happy and smiled cheerfully. That’s me.

Sharod was seated on the sofa this time. It was the living room of his house, the same living room with the same layout. He felt his mouth raised upward as he observed the child playing. He then realized who he was at the moment. This was the time when he used to be babysat by her.

The child turned in his direction and smiled brightly while Sharod's hand raised to wave at the child. Feeling a bit nostalgic, Sharod felt a warmth spread inside him. He missed this time. But his time wasn’t long and he quickly was thrown again into the fast-moving scenery.

This time, however, felt different from the previous time. This time he felt a cold, sinister aura surrounding him. When he moved this time, it was filled with a chilling aura. It was as if fear itself suddenly injected into him. He then stopped, this time he was dumbfounded at where he was standing. This time he was standing on an opening. The place was filled with corpses

It was a slaughter, a massacre, a brutal scene of dead bodies filling the entire place. He saw blood literary flowing like a river. Surrounding him was a building, but it wasn’t a modern design, it was a really old design.

It was like the picture inside a history book or at a countryside home. Sharod had more freedom this time. He could turn his head to look around, but it didn’t help because he saw only dead bodies and what seemed to be a battlefield.

Then his eyes laid on a strange scene. A cloud of blueish smoke, a clump of smoke was floating in the middle of the field. It was just floating there, but Sharod could felt the evil radiated from it. It was the same chilling feeling he had when his possessed sister sticks onto his body. It felt really uncomfortable, to say the least.

Then a stranger sight happened. The blood that was flowing at the field was flowing, but this time it was as if they were attracted toward the smoke. The blood was moving uniformly toward the smoke. All the blood in that place whatever the one spilled on the ground or from the corpse.

When they touch the smoke, the drops of blood evaporated while the bluish smoke thicken. It was absorbing the blood and turning it into part of itself.

A gasp leaked from Sharod and this might have attracted the attention of the smoke. A red slit form in the direction where Sharod was viewing the smoke. Then the slit trembled and opened a pair of eyes, they emerge from the smoke, floating in midair. A sudden and immense feeling of fear enveloped Sharod.

He was trembling, his head felt heavy, and his heart felt like exploding from intense pressure. A moment later he blacked out.

He woke up still holding the skinsuit and a confused Jeniffer across from him. Sharod quickly shoved the suit to Jeniffer's embrace and shook his head. That experience felt so real. He didn’t understand at first what just happened, but he tried to gather his thought.

Cold sweat drenched his back at this moment. He felt really weak. He walked to a wall to lean for a second. Jeniffer seeing the strange situation, quickly approached Sharod with a worried expression.

“Are you okay? Do you need help? How about going to the infirmary?.” Jeniffer placed her hand on Sharod back and slowly rub his back with a concerned face.

Sharod raised his palm toward Jeniffer. “I’m okay, just a bit dizzy, let me like this for a few moments… why don’t you go to the restroom and tried that suit on. I’m curious about it now.”

Sharod's smiled a bit strained. Sharod's mind was at this moment was on trying to connect what just happened with the suit. If his deduction is correct, then what he experienced was the ability of the suit. He had an ability to know what kind of ability of an artifact was, but usually, it was just like a hunch or a text passed inside his head.

He didn’t know what was different this around. He was convinced that before was the demonstration of the ability of the suit. But why? What even was that? What’s the difference with other times?

You just experienced a brief glimpse of an advanced version of your ability. You better compose yourself fast as you are about to experience an even greater event after this.

“WHO?” Sharod head shot up and looked around him, but he could only found Jeniffer's concerned face that sticking onto his face at this moment. Her bright, innocent, and worried gaze seems to gaze into him.

Sharod gave up searching for the voice immediately as the time wasn’t good and Jeniffer seem a bit too close for comfort.

“Okay, I’m fine really… why don’t you try it on? Go to the restroom over there.” Sharod stood up straight with a mild smile on his face as he spoke to Jeniffer. Jeniffer heaved a sigh of relief seeing Sharod smile. She then made an ok sign with her finger and made her way toward the restroom.

Sharod sighed a little. He then brought his back to lean against the wall. He put his palm to his chin and began to ponder his experience earlier. What was that scenery? Were that memories? Why mother and her though? Should it be Ms. Maya? What was that weird smoke? Hmm…

Sharod began sorting his knowledge. He remembered the first memory he witnessed and concluded that the scene he was seeing was of his mother. It was the scene where his mother was about to feed milk to his baby self.

But why did Ms. Maya suit had that kind of memories? Did it even take it from Ms. Maya or is it just mine? If that is so, how about the second? The second I was more familiar, it’s most likely belong to Anna, my former babysitter that went missing. It also made it possible that these memories belong to me as it was scenery with me, but the perspective was from them so the most likely answer would be their memories.

This is weird, why their memories resided inside Ms. Maya? And what was the last memory?. The mere action of remembering the memory brought a chilling up of his spine. Sharod shook his head as he tried to not deeply think about the last memory. It was eerie, to say the least.

The question remained of what all that memories are relevant to Ms. Maya? Hmm… I may have to ask Jeniffer when she is done. Sharod looked at the empty hallway. Sharod at this moment was leaning while facing the stair. The restroom Jeniffer was using was located just after the turn after the stair. It would lead to the hallway that contained Ms. Maya's office, the faculty's second office, and the faculty restroom.

Sharod looked at the turn, but then he turned his head away. Putting aside the mystery that will be answered soon, what was that voice? It was… weird and uncomfortable to say. The voice itself felt like talking directly into my head, like using headphones. Hmm… did it come from the inside of me? That is possible. What did it mean by greater event anyway? It’s sounded serious and ominous at the same time at that time…

Sharod kept on pondering all these question but reaching no end in sight.

===

Inside the restroom…

Jeniffer went inside one of the stalls. She was surprised at how clean this restroom was different from how the student toilets usually is. No surprise huh as almost no one use this room…

She then proceeded to prepare herself to wear the Ms. Maya skinsuit. Examining the skinsuit on her arms. She felt more surreal as she saw how the genie turned Ms. Maya into this. With just a flick of a finger, Ms. Maya slowly hollow out like a balloon losing air until she fell into the floor like a suit.

It was a terrifying experience to imagine…

Shaking her head from such a grotesque image, she went to focus on wearing the suit. She felt around the suit to find an opening she could get into. Her hand then went to the backside of the suit which then she felt a cold metallic feeling.

Flipping the suit, she saw a zipper on the backside of the suit below the hair. She then pulled the zip and reveal the interior of the suit. It was a scene straight from a horror film as the inside reveals a wet, meat-like texture that covered the whole interior. It also seems to be pulsing or it was just my imagination.

Jeniffer made a disgusted face as she felt repulsed by the sight alone. Well, thankfully there isn’t any smell. But… yuck, what the hell is that thing. Hmm… well this going to be one hell of an experience. Definitely don’t want to get that on my shirt though, it will be a pain in the ass to clean.

Coming to conclusion, she began to strip herself until not a single clothe covered her skin. Her pretty young body with good assets to boot was revealed in all their glory. She felt a little chilly without her clothes so she covered her body with her arms.

Just as the chilly wind sweep her body again which made her shiver. A shadow cast on her back. She noticed the shadow as she turned back. Before she was aware of the thing that cast the shadow, dark assaulted her vision.

2